Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I can wait for Mario Kart can't wait for Zelda on the switch though, can't use my Wii U on a tv though as my eyes are very bad at the moment, am nuts to take such a crappy price but I want rid of it and adverts us too much trouble so CeX it is. Knowing my luck the game pad will be compatible with the switch somehow probably Co op mode in Fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You know the switch is packaged with a dongle that plugs into the Wii U gamepad? When you plug that in, the Gamepad spins a chrysalis around itself, gestates for 2 days and hatches out as 2nd Switch that you can give to a friend? Did you not watch the Direct at all? Honestly... although it explains the lack of outrage about Ninty's explanation of the cost of joycons and their size (that they're made from discarded chinese foetuses?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Banjo wrote: »
    You know the switch is packaged with a dongle that plugs into the Wii U gamepad? When you plug that in, the Gamepad spins a chrysalis around itself, gestates for 2 days and hatches out as 2nd Switch that you can give to a friend? Did you not watch the Direct at all? Honestly... although it explains the lack of outrage about Ninty's explanation of the cost of joycons and their size (that they're made from discarded chinese foetuses?)

But it's kind of like Gremlins, presumably? The offspring are not as trustworthy as the original Gizmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,329 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

druss wrote: »
    Yes. Well, maybe. I have never loved a console like it. It has some wonderful exclusives. Some of those will make the Switch. Which games do you want?

Well, I bit the bullet. Have had every other Nintendo and had an All4one voucher, feck it!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think you need to stop drinking that homebrew poitín now Banjo... Put the bottle down and step away....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Selling my Wii U to CeX later for €96, the things I do for love (of the switch)

Don't do it! No seriously, don't do it! €96 is a ridiculous price anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just played a spot of Fast Racing Neo there on my WiiU, lovely game tbh.
    Seems the initial print run of the physical copy of the game will be the only print run of it, so I might expect it to become expensive over time.... should have bought Steamworld as well!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just played a spot of Fast Racing Neo there on my WiiU, lovely game tbh.
    Seems the initial print run of the physical copy of the game will be the only print run of it, so I might expect it to become expensive over time.... should have bought Steamworld as well!
    Did you get it digital then? What's the install size? I need something to fill that F-Zero shaped hole in my life.

No, I bought the physical copy, got it on Amazon for small monies, as well as Pikmin 3.
    The physical copy of Fast Racing Neo includes the DLC, which is nice.
    The game looks like Wipeout 2097, though it's less complex in terms of track geometry.
    The racing feels like a slightly dumbed down Wipeout model too, which makes it more forgiving.
    The actual racing gameplay is FZero in nature, no weapons though you can knock other competitors with drops from jump pads, and the boost/phase mechanic works quite well, though it is a very much simpler game than any of the Wipeout or FZero titles.
    Certainly, there's less complexity from the front end too, with a Campaign mode, time trial and both local and online multiplayer, as well as a face melting Hero Mode that's only unlocked with the top difficulty being cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

No, I bought the physical copy, got it on Amazon for small monies, as well as Pikmin 3.
    The physical copy of Fast Racing Neo includes the DLC, which is nice.
    The game looks like Wipeout 2097, though it's less complex in terms of track geometry.
    The racing feels like a slightly dumbed down Wipeout model too, which makes it more forgiving.
    The actual racing gameplay is FZero in nature, no weapons though you can knock other competitors with drops from jump pads, and the boost/phase mechanic works quite well, though it is a very much simpler game than any of the Wipeout or FZero titles.
    Certainly, there's less complexity from the front end too, with a Campaign mode, time trial and both local and online multiplayer, as well as a face melting Hero Mode that's only unlocked with the top difficulty being cleared.

Is it easy? I'm b*llocks at driving games*, even though i kinda like them.

*except MK8, which I'm slightly above average at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is it easy? I'm b*llocks at driving games*, even though i kinda like them.

It's not bad actually. One of those games that's easy to pick up and challenging to master. There is a lot of nuance to colour system, and it gets faster on higher difficulties (which means you have to rethink some strategies from earlier difficulties).
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    *except MK8, which I'm slightly above average at.

Ah blue shell, the great leveler. :)

I was terrible at F-Zero on the cube and N64, I've never played Wipeout. I love Mariokart and would consider myself to be above average too. I found this to be very pretty but a bit un-engaging. It reminded me of a gamecube release called something like G3 - you're racing at such incredible speeds that corners are all fairly gentle and you still smash off the corners on them, and you're as much against the track and handling as the other racers who you don't see a huge amount of. Personally I didn't play very much of it after buying it. It's not that it's a bad game, I just don't think it's a game for me and I knew that going in but you know how it is when you come into this board and get caught up in a hype-swell. I'm buying a Switch on Launch Day for christs sake...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Along those lines, I bought Splatoon a few weeks back, cos everyone here loves it.

I did not love it. The opposite, in fact. I've never traded a game in in my life, but straight away I was wondering what I'd get back for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Star Lord wrote: »
    If they're given them to give away to followers, they should just hold on to them then, in your opinion? It's nonsense, it's uncalled for, and isn't going to be accepted here. There are many other ways you could have expressed what you were trying to say, doing so in the way you did is not on.

Boards.ie - Where having fun is a no no.

Ffs no wonder people are leaving this site. It was an off the cuff remark the lad made no need to be so serious.

Kirby is €22.99 in Argos. Picked it up, reviews were mixed but I've been looking to pick it up for a while. Anyone here played it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

If they're given them to give away to followers, they should just hold on to them then, in your opinion? It's nonsense, it's uncalled for, and isn't going to be accepted here. There are many other ways you could have expressed what you were trying to say, doing so in the way you did is not on.

Relax dude. It's an opinion. The day opinions are not welcome on boards will be a sad day for us all. He's making a valid, coherent argument. It's starting to feel like the Trump administration around here.

da gamer wrote: »

Ffs no wonder people are leaving this site. It was an off the cuff remark the lad made no need to be so serious.

I think the point is such language is not acceptable.
    The gracious thing is to accept it and move on.

And this matter was days ago, why drag it up now?

I think the point is such language is not acceptable.
    The gracious thing is to accept it and move on.

And this matter was days ago, why drag it up now?

I felt it needed to be dragged up.

I felt it needed to be dragged up.

I respectfully disagree, and dragged up it was.
    All it does is generate bad feeling on a forum that is, normally, pretty chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Relax dude. It's an opinion. The day opinions are not welcome on boards will be a sad day for us all. He's making a valid, coherent argument. It's starting to feel like the Trump administration around here.

Dragging up discussions of moderator instructions from a few days ago to have a go about moderation? Seriously? Discussion of moderator actions/instructions on thread is a no-go across the whole site because, as you have done here, all it does is drag threads off topic and cause further arguments. If you've got a problem with moderation, either PM the mods, cmods or open a topic in the Help-Desk forum.

Any further breaches of this will result in a ban.

We have a good forum here, the issue was simply about the language used, not the topic.

• Advertisement

Dragging up discussions of moderator instructions from a few days ago to have a go about moderation? Seriously? Discussion of moderator actions/instructions on thread is a no-go across the whole site because, as you have done here, all it does is drag threads off topic and cause further arguments. If you've got a problem with moderation, either PM the mods, cmods or open a topic in the Help-Desk forum.

We have a good forum here, the issue was simply about the language used, not the topic.

1. Is there a rule whereby you have to discuss a topic on the day the original post was made? I.e. after midnight can no one speak about a post from the previous day because there seems to be some issue here because I 'dragged up' a topic from a few days ago.

2. Discussion of moderator actions is a no go? I'll refer you to the post regarding Trump's administration on that one.

3. Well that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Did you get that copy of Metroid Prime FF Cidey?

No problem guy. Just funny how people's opinions aren't allowed. Loving the bold writing though, really emphasises the point (and I'm being honest, not sarcastic, genuinely. I wouldn't have seen the post if it had been regular typeface) Now back on topic. Now is the time to buy Wii U games lads and ladies, they are going to increase in price from here on out. Argos have a few great deals at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

No problem guy. Just funny how people's opinions aren't allowed. Loving the bold writing though, really emphasises the point (and I'm being honest, not sarcastic, genuinely. I wouldn't have seen the post if it had been regular typeface)

Friendly FYI, bold generally means the mod has their mod hat on. Then the regular font at the end was them posting with their mod hat off :)

Friendly FYI, bold generally means the mod has their mod hat on. Then the regular font at the end was them posting with their mod hat off :)

You're a mod. Didn't the mods say something about staying on topic? You're dragging up a conversation which has ended. Other members have received bans for less, so let's keep to the topic. Cheers guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

You're a mod. Didn't the mods say something about staying on topic? You're dragging up a conversation which has ended. Other members have received bans for less, so let's keep to the topic. Cheers guy.

PZKEwJ6.jpg

Remember when the WiiU thread was about the WiiU? And Sally O'Brien and the way she'd look at ya... Good times.

Look, I know its frowned upon in this and every other forum, but.... Disney Infinity! Toys r us are flogging the 3.0 figures, starter packs and toy box playsets (karting and invasion) for peanuts. The servers turn off on Switchmas Day so this is your last chance to sign up if you're planning on playing user content...

PZKEwJ6.jpg

He's not your buddy, friend...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Remember when the WiiU thread was about the WiiU? And Sally O'Brien and the way she'd look at ya... Good times.

Look, I know its frowned upon in this and every other forum, but.... Disney Infinity! Toys r us are flogging the 3.0 figures, starter packs and toy box playsets (karting and invasion) for peanuts. The servers turn off on Switchmas Day so this is your last chance to sign up if you're planning on playing user content...
    I'd buy some but all I've seen in there now is a lot of the same models. I wouldn't mind a nice spiderman or something.

• Advertisement

Very few of them around in dublin now a friend is collecting them and can't source many of them so thanks for the post I'll pass on the info to him.

Advertisement