Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

This thread gets better and better. Some of the users here have been kind enough to lecture people over manners and now we are getting lessons in economics, learning the difference between profiteering and bargaining. Thank you wise men.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

da gamer wrote: »
    This thread gets better and better. Some of the users here have been kind enough to lecture people over manners and now we are getting lessons in economics, learning the difference between profiteering and bargaining. Thank you wise men.

If you're only going to post here to make snide comments, save us both the headache and don't do it.

If you've a problem with a post, report it.
    If you're a problem with moderation, address it via the proper channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Banjo wrote: »
    Personally I'd lean towards MK8, Bayonetta 2, SM3DW, Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Guacamelée, Black Flag and Arkham City as my highlights. Not necessarily the best games but they held my attention the longest and/or were the best family-fun local multiplayer. My view is skewed heavily by a lack of other platforms for multiplatform titles and a need for Off-TV play for personal use.

No love for Lego City Undercover? I also have Project Zero and Xenoblade X Limited Editions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I love Lego City Undercover. But it does not love me, which is why the load times are atrocious and it does not support Off TV. I never got very far with it simply because months could go by and I wouldn't get a chance to play it. Same went for Splatoon, Zombi U and (until I memorised the key-strokes) Batman and Assassin's Creed. You have to wonder at the genius who puts the menu for choosing Off-TV exclusively on the TV, and makes that a non-alterable default...

I have Xenoblade X but I just found myself unengaged with the world and drifted off into something else - it may have clashed with a Pokemon game or Hyrule Warriors.

I'm time-poor, games that require me to put large solid chunks of time in, instead of picking up for 20mins here, 40 mins there, I just don't click with.

Haven't played Project Zero - is that the one where they gave you a "demo" that was about 1/4 of the game, and you go ghost hunting with the gamepad?

That's the one, but Project Zero is much bigger than that, just the demo feels bigger than you'd expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Hello folks, I have a serious question: how concerned or nervous are you, as Wii-U owners, of the gamepad screen not working one day? They seem to be almost impossible to replace without buying another machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Having spent my entire life with Nintendo hardware, I feel the screen will outlast my time on earth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Having spent my entire life with Nintendo hardware, I feel the screen will outlast my time on earth.

Yeah, my Virtual Boy still works great and it's got one of the most needlessly complex displays ever put into a retail device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hadn't realised the Batman games were on Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

robojet wrote: »
    Hello folks, I have a serious question: how concerned or nervous are you, as Wii-U owners, of the gamepad screen not working one day? They seem to be almost impossible to replace without buying another machine.

My screen already has issues, just slight ones every so often. Around the edges, if you press something it depresses sometimes. Bigger problem is the joystick, they've got drifting. Tap left and it'll keep going left. The same with any direction. And I've gone through 4 or 5 gamepad chargers because of the irritating noodle like cord. The same problem every time. Power disconnects right at the top, just before the connection into the gamepad. You can use tape for a while to try and keep it going but it eventually completely dies. Awful quality assurance. Easily the worst individual aspect of the design of the Wii U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Am blindeded again so didn't check the stock availability of the Wii U just posted the info, reason they call me robbingbandit is Bertie Ahern/Tom Nook is my spiritual guide plus me am the devil/cookie monster.

Sorry for any broken hearts on the Wii U stock.

budgemook wrote: »
    Hadn't realised the Batman games were on Wii U.

Site called gamefaqs.com is great source for game availability list or of course wikipedia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, my Virtual Boy still works great and it's got one of the most needlessly complex displays ever put into a retail device.

Yeah my Virtual Boy is the same, and I bought two at release for fear that one might let me down. The second one is still in the shrink wrapping in the gaming room, a serious piece of Nintendo memorabilia.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah my Virtual Boy is the same, and I bought two at release for fear that one might let me down. The second one is still in the shrink wrapping in the gaming room, a serious piece of Nintendo memorabilia.

I still wish they had brought a collection of the Nintendo titles on it to the 3DS... Damn fools!

sligeach wrote: »
    My screen already has issues, just slight ones every so often. Around the edges, if you press something it depresses sometimes. Bigger problem is the joystick, they've got drifting. Tap left and it'll keep going left. The same with any direction. And I've gone through 4 or 5 gamepad chargers because of the irritating noodle like cord. The same problem every time. Power disconnects right at the top, just before the connection into the gamepad. You can use tape for a while to try and keep it going but it eventually completely dies. Awful quality assurance. Easily the worst individual aspect of the design of the Wii U.

4 or 5 chargers? Not being rude or mean or whatever but genuinely curious as to how you went through so many chargers. You mention them being noodle-like, you're not trying to eat them are you?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I still wish they had brought a collection of the Nintendo titles on it to the 3DS... Damn fools!

Nah, wouldn't have worked I reckon mate. It was of its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 splooge

Originally Posted by RobbingBandit
    Am blindeded again so didn't check the stock availability of the Wii U just posted the info, reason they call me robbingbandit is Bertie Ahern/Tom Nook is my spiritual guide plus me am the devil/cookie monster.

was that you i saw in smyths earlier talking to the guy at the counter about your vision,bandit? blue coat and tall?

That's an awesome piece of memorabilia! Fair play on betting and to keep it, and keep it shrink wrapped! Respect!

Yes its where I have my switch booked, was trying to explain I may be in hospital having surgery done next week but the guy at the counter was talking to me and a friend instead. I need to go back on my own and set things straight as I have no clue if I am able to get my switch now or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Not sure how relevant this is, but Play-Asia is offering free postage until the 28th. I just put a Famicom Classic Mini in the shopping cart and the delivery cost to Ireland is 0.0 (Animal House reference).

For 1.50, they'll gift wrap it for you to help with the customs.

Oh, and the Switch and it's games are all eligible for free shipping too.

• Advertisement

Interesting as the switch games are region free, damn it all to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 splooge

cant wait for the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

robojet wrote: »

The gamepad won't work with the switch at all and I never expected it to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The gamepad won't work with the switch at all and I never expected it to.

Think you might have misread robo's post? He was just curious about the gamepad not working one day, rather than it not working day one with the Switch. (Or maybe I've misunderstood you!). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lads I think the wiiu was on eastenders tonight. They're finally pushing it but it's too late or is it?...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Think you might have misread robo's post? He was just curious about the gamepad not working one day, rather than it not working day one with the Switch. (Or maybe I've misunderstood you!). :)

Oh I see. I swapped day and one. Then followed that with an assumption.

My gamepad broke a couple months after launch. The screen bled. Sent it to nintendo and they sent me a new one for free because it wasn't me who damaged it.

They quoted me I think it was 90 euro to fix/replace it.

Do they still fix gameboys for people willing to pay?

Star Lord wrote: »
    That's an awesome piece of memorabilia! Fair play on betting and to keep it, and keep it shrink wrapped! Respect!

I knew upon release that it was going to be a flop, so took a punt on the obscure nature of the system and, with plenty of disposable income at the time, bought two.

I've been offered crazy money for the unopened one. I'll probably part with it to be honest. Need the cash for the op, plus it's just sitting there gathering dust on it.

Wii U with Mario Kart 8 has gone down to E199.99. In stock in most stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Mod this thread needs to be locked. It was created before the Wii u was released. Now the I have a switch thread was locked, the reason I've been told is because the switch isn't released yet. So as you can understand I'm confused why this thread was allowed remain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

da gamer wrote: »
    Mod this thread needs to be locked. It was created before the Wii u was released. Now the I have a switch thread was locked, the reason I've been told is because the switch isn't released yet. So as you can understand I'm confused why this thread was allowed remain.

C'mon, this is silly. I think you're looking for an argument. The Wii U will still exist after the Switch comes out. There's absolutely no reason to close it and there are still games coming to it.

Advertisement