Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

sligeach wrote: »
    C'mon, this is silly. The Wii U will still exist after the Switch comes out. There's absolutely no reason to close it.

There was no reason to close the switch one then and try to embarrass the op by changing the thread title to 'I don't have a switch yet'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

da gamer wrote: »
    There was no reason to close the switch one then and try to embarrass the op by changing the thread title to 'I don't have a switch yet'.

Well you don't. This thread was made 2 days before the official launch in Europe. I think retailers had broken the street date so some people did have it. And the Wii U was out in America 2 weeks prior. The Switch isn't available anywhere yet.

C'muon, this is silly. I think you're looking for an argument. The Wii U will still exist after the Switch comes out. There's absolutely no reason to close it and there are still games coming to it.

I'm not looking for an argument I'm genuinely intrigued as to why I'm being singled out every time I try to post something Nintendo related. There is zero difference between the post I started and this one yet this was not closed.

I'm also intrigued as to why you keep editing this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm not looking for an argument I'm genuinely intrigued as to why I'm being singled out every time I try to post something Nintendo related. There is zero difference between the post I started and this one yet this was not closed.

In fairness, you weren't singled out with your edited post the last time. You posted to make it look like someone else was apologising and was quite rightly edited, don't cry pretend foul.

Corholio wrote: »
    In fairness, you weren't singled out with your edited post the last time. You posted to make it look like someone else was apologising and was quite rightly edited, don't cry pretend foul.

I didn't edit and post. Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

There's already a hefty Switch thread, but sure, victim and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I didn't edit and post. Link?

Your post was edited by a mod.

There's already a hefty Switch thread, but sure, victim and all that.

Perhaps there is. Yes victim and all that.

Corholio wrote: »
    Your post was edited by a mod.

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Oh a few new posts in the WiiU thread, I wonder what's up.
    Oh, it's a load of tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No you're not
    You're just seeing what sort of hassle you can generate with your near constant stream of posts that attempt to cause aggro.
    At least be honest.
    Because, honestly, I'm pretty fed up with them.
    I mean, you obviously have something to offer, when your constructive posts are well in the typical, but the rest of the time you are just trying to see who you can "trigger".
    To what end I don't know, or perhaps that is the reason.
    Either way, it's just tiresome at this point.
    So, drop it, drop the font intending to p1ss off the moderator, and get involved in the debate and discussion in a positive sense, otherwise take it somewhere else, or find yourself with further censure.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mod this thread needs to be locked. It was created before the Wii u was released. Now the I have a switch thread was locked, the reason I've been told is because the switch isn't released yet. So as you can understand I'm confused why this thread was allowed remain.

You've obviously got a gripe, and you've been told on thread discussion isn't the place to do it. Backseat moderation and petty sniping this time round. If you persist with this nonsense, you leave us with no option but to remove your access from the forum. You're a good contributer when you want to be, we don't want to have to remove anyone's access. Please drop whatever perceived grudge you're carrying, and just get back to normal posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos dropped the price to €279.99 for the Mario kart 8 console and are giving Mario Tennis free, I can see them dropping this price to €200 in line with Smyth's reduction but with the free game too so id wait a few days if anyone is thinking about it.

Question my Wii U has an NNID on it I unfortunately don't know the password as I was given the machine a good few months ago and the person I got it from is uncontactable. I am wondering is the a way to hard reset the console to remove their nnid or anything else I can do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Question my Wii U has an NNID on it I unfortunately don't know the password as I was given the machine a good few months ago and the person I got it from is uncontactable. I am wondering is the a way to hard reset the console to remove their nnid or anything else I can do with it.

You can just format it I'm pretty sure. You'll lose all the games on their account if there is any, which are shared with all other accounts on the system.
    http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1723/~/how-to-delete-all-content-%26-settings-(format)
    Mod this thread needs to be locked. It was created before the Wii u was released. Now the I have a switch thread was locked, the reason I've been told is because the switch isn't released yet. So as you can understand I'm confused why this thread was allowed remain.

It's a little weird alright, but keep it to PM's with the mods in question or talk to admins about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Lads I think the wiiu was on eastenders tonight. They're finally pushing it but it's too late or is it?...

Only getting to watch the episode now, had it recorded but I remembered seeing your comment last night. I too thought they showed a brief glimpse of MK8(it's Waterpark which is on both the Wii and Wii U) and Max holding the Wii remote(didn't use the wrist strap. Tut tut!). But after rewinding back, it was the Wii version. You can see it to the left of the TV. You can't stand the Wii like that unless you've got some weird concoction of a setup. I'll get the camera out and snap a couple of shots. The TV display is off. So much for thinking it got some free advertising. Ironically, the last Wii U ad I seen was in May now nearly 3 years ago for MK8.
    C5iZTVWWMAEVnER.jpg:small

C5iZYODWMAACozr.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah what kind of setup is that? How can it stand like that with cables plugged in?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You can just format it I'm pretty sure. You'll lose all the games on their account if there is any, which are shared with all other accounts on the system.
    http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1723/~/how-to-delete-all-content-%26-settings-(format)

It's a little weird alright, but keep it to PM's with the mods in question or talk to admins about it.

Thanks for the advice. Your probably right, I'm not going to win against some of the bullies here. It's just very frustrating the double standards. Anyway..

Where are you guys picking up Wii u games these days? Cex seems to be low enough on Wii u games and gamestop seems to be focusing on the switch now. I'd like to add the last few games I want to the collection.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah what kind of setup is that? How can it stand like that with cables plugged in?

They are not actually playing it. The console is there for display, the game is actually just a clip of Mario Kart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Yeah, it's not like they shot the scene with yer man actually playing.

How many takes would be ruined with "****ing shell, bull**** win," along with the Wiimote being launched across the set.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Where are you guys picking up Wii u games these days? Cex seems to be low enough on Wii u games and gamestop seems to be focusing on the switch now. I'd like to add the last few games I want to the collection.

Amazon is pretty good, and Argos had some great deals last week. Picked up Bayonetta 2 for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They are not actually playing it. The console is there for display, the game is actually just a clip of Mario Kart

Ah yeah I know that. Just mean the lack of realism would totally take me out of the show if I watched. How am I meant to believe the brother's daughter's cousin's niece's baby is the butcher's of they can't even get a Wii set up correctly? :pac:

Saw Zack and Wiki for £4 today second hand(well third hand at least since was in a pawn shop and had a cex label on it) . Have it anyway. Just thought was great price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah yeah I know that. Just mean the lack of realism would totally take me out of the show if I watched. How am I meant to believe the brother's daughter's cousin's niece's baby is the butcher's of they can't even get a Wii set up correctly? :pac:

Saw Zack and Wiki for £4 today second hand(well third hand at least since was in a pawn shop and had a cex label on it) . Have it anyway. Just thought was great price

It was the butcher's brother's milkman. Get it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Only getting to watch the episode now, had it recorded but I remembered seeing your comment last night. I too thought they showed a brief glimpse of MK8(it's Waterpark which is on both the Wii and Wii U) and Max holding the Wii remote(didn't use the wrist strap. Tut tut!). But after rewinding back, it was the Wii version. You can see it to the left of the TV. You can't stand the Wii like that unless you've got some weird concoction of a setup. I'll get the camera out and snap a couple of shots. The TV display is off. So much for thinking it got some free advertising. Ironically, the last Wii U ad I seen was in May now nearly 3 years ago for MK8.
    C5iZTVWWMAEVnER.jpg:small

C5iZYODWMAACozr.jpg:small

The next house were playing PS4, no love of the Xbox on Eastenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

With the Switch out next week I'm so torn, there's so many games I still haven't played or bought on the U, but I kind of want to focus on the switch. Dang it Nintendo, you and your wonderful consoles!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CliCliW wrote: »
    With the Switch out next week I'm so torn, there's so many games I still haven't played or bought on the U, but I kind of want to focus on the switch. Dang it Nintendo, you and your wonderful consoles!

I'd say we'll see a steady stream of the big WiiU title being released for the Switch over the new machines lifespan, particularly if it becomes apparent that many more people take up the new device compared to the WiiU.
    Maybe they'll be digital only, maybe not, but even though I already own most of them it would be attractive in the extreme to have copy of Bayonetta 2 to play on the go.
    Question is will it be cost effective to port games across, given the different system architectures.

Any ports will be full price as they will be called deluxe editions

Tokyo Mirage and Hyrule Warriors are two such ports I wanna see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Both have big chunks of Dlc that justify a GotY edition on Switch. Never picked up TMS so I'm game. Have the 3ds Warriors port, its not a game suited to on-the-go : despite being able to save mid-mission, if you can't remember what you were doing when you saved you don't really benefit when you come back to it, the game is to fast paced for that kind of uncertainty

• Advertisement

3ds one was cool, speaking of cool I am not which is why I wanna play Tokyo it looks awesome.

Advertisement