Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

3ds one was cool, speaking of cool I am not which is why I wanna play Tokyo it looks awesome.

TMS is great game, behind the daft storyline is solid gameplay mechanics and its one of the best RPGs on the wiiu.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

World to the West Gameplay Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwMCoZSjeJg

It'll arrive on the Wii U eShop on 5th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

My copy of the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild should arrive soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is Captain Toad worth a punt at €15? Second hand, not even sure if that's a good price for it.

It looks sloooooooow though, what do ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is Captain Toad worth a punt at €15? Second hand, not even sure if that's a good price for it.

Yeah, if you liked the toad levels in SM3DW then its more of the same goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Not sure where else to ask, so does anyone have recent experience with removing Argos catalogue number stickers from the shrink wrap of Wii U games? Is it easily done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Not sure where else to ask, so does anyone have recent experience with removing Argos catalogue number stickers from the shrink wrap of Wii U games? Is it easily done?

It's probably done the same way you'd remove the stickers from shrink-wrapped Ps4 games and Xbox one games. And dvds.

Sorry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Completed Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Great game. Donkey Kong games are becoming my favourite platformers. So tough but you never feel the game is being unfair, if you die it's because of your own stupid mistake. Can't decide if it was better than returns 3d though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Xofpod

da gamer wrote: »
    Well worth it

Definitely

It is slow except for those few levels with the speed boost pads. Found it quite boring and very easy(and from all accounts very short too). Looks really nice and so it should, they're small self-contained levels. It's very different from Mario. I flew through to the 3rd book but I just stopped playing as I didn't find it interesting. Ya, for €15 it's worth picking up though alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

da gamer wrote: »
    Completed Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Great game. Donkey Kong games are becoming my favourite platformers. So tough but you never feel the game is being unfair, if you die it's because of your own stupid mistake. Can't decide if it was better than returns 3d though.

Just like when I used to play on SNES and N64, I hate the F**king water levels and always find it hard to turn the game on when I'm in water areas :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

budgemook wrote: »
    Just like when I used to play on SNES and N64, I hate the F**king water levels and always find it hard to turn the game on when I'm in water areas :mad:

I like how they've made "water levels have the best music" a staple of the DKC series to stop you from milling the controller off the wall during the swimming levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I bought the item today and the sticker just peeled off with ease, if anyone happens to be wondering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Stick Stuff Remover will do it, get it most larger super markets.
    It will dissolve the solvent in the adhesive, and the remains will just wipe away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

All I will say is that it's a **** to get off cardboard boxes without peeling the box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can't help you there, even if it doesn't tear the box it takes a layer of the surface away every time!

It's news to me about Argos stickers being difficult to remove. Never had a problem before. I'll just have a go at one and see. I'll be back.

Edit: Just had a go at taking 1 off a Xenoblade Chronicles Collectors Edition for the Wii. And it's a right proper mess. I'll leave it and look something up tomorrow. It's late. Don't want to wreck it. Damn it and I've 3 others like that. The stickers usually I found came off easily from shrink wrap. I wonder should I have taken them off years ago as sometimes they can become worse with time. Or did someone buy something recently and encounter the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I don't think it matters how long it's on. I had trouble getting it off a Lego box at Christmas and it was new set.
    The collector edition games are a bit more glossy, so they might be easier to take off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Dab it with warm water first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I assumed someone would have mentioned this already but a hairdrier is the best way to get stickers off IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, heat the sticker, the adhesive softens and melts a little, should peel off pretty easily then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads do you know if the pro controller is in stock anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I couldn't find any in stores so ordered a black one from amazon.co.uk a few weeks ago. Seems to be out of stock now but it's back in stock on March 24th.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-Pro-Controller-Black/dp/B009ACALCQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1489884350&sr=8-2&keywords=wii+u+pro+controller

It was hard buying one 4 years ago nevermind today. A lot of fakes around too, so be wary if you're buying them secondhand. I've seen them up close, pretty convincing in terms of looks, even its packaging, control sticks gave it away, cheap rubber.

They're still so expensive. I'll have a trawl around but Ebay is probably your best bet.

sligeach wrote: »
    It was hard buying one 4 years ago nevermind today. A lot of fakes around too, so be wary if you're buying them secondhand. I've seen them up close, pretty convincing in terms of looks, even its packaging, control sticks gave it away, cheap rubber.

They're still so expensive. I'll have a trawl around but Ebay is probably your best bet.

The amazon one is guaranteed to be genuine though right? Let's see if they do come back in stock on the 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I have to say I never saw the need for a pro controller. The gamepad was always fine whether playing off screen or on screen. I know it's each to their own but people seemed to obsess over these pro controllers for some reason.

I have to say I never saw the need for a pro controller. The gamepad was always fine whether playing off screen or on screen. I know it's each to their own but people seemed to obsess over these pro controllers for some reason.

Maybe that's because you're not a pro? ;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

budgemook wrote: »
    Maybe that's because you're not a pro? ;););)

Haha your not wrong there!!

Advertisement