Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well, you could plug it into a powered hub - the juice on the line will only be the same as on a standard USB 1.1 port. Nothing that should damage the drive or even be a point of concern. Or if you have a smart phone, see if the charger has a usb port on it - HTC and Samsungs usually do, and if it doesn't fry your smart phone your drive should be ok. Also a little more discrete than a USB hub.

Short on plug sockets? Do you have a Sky box? You could run a USB extension cable from the front USB ports (or rear, if they have them, never looked!) to the extra power connector. It's about al they're good for anyway! This is my plan B when I find my WiiU doesn't see my Transcend drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just see on Mynintendonews that Nintendo are releasing a longer lasting battery that promises 5-8 hours. Released July 25th for about €35.
    These are all Japan details but maybe it'll come here as well since it's official.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/accessories/index.html#gamepad4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is it wrong that since watching a YouTube vid about warawara plaza, I now feel like I need this console in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I've got my Wii soft-modded, to play different region games and backups, with all my games copied to a hard drive.
    I've got the Wii U Virtual Wii softmodded too, through Smash Hack, but it cannot pick up the hard drive, as it's a 2.5" HDD that's not externally powered.

You need a USB y cable for it to get enough power. The USB on WiiI don't output at the right amperage for some drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Is it wrong that since watching a YouTube vid about warawara plaza, I now feel like I need this console in my life.

Not wrong at all, g'wan...dive in :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Damo--Think you need to plug it in to the top right USB port.Im not sure it will work on vwii with a y powered cable as its only the top usb port that will work with the softmodded vwii mode.You most likely need a powered drive.

I have a spare 1tb drive here that Im going to use if I can ever get a copy of SSB to actually perform the hack.Theres a copy in my local xtravision for 40 euros--40 bloody euros.Cant justify that at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Nintendo Direct on June 11 will be an hour long. Hopefully filled with much goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Damo--Think you need to plug it in to the top right USB port.Im not sure it will work on vwii with a y powered cable as its only the top usb port that will work with the softmodded vwii mode.You most likely need a powered drive.

I have a spare 1tb drive here that Im going to use if I can ever get a copy of SSB to actually perform the hack.Theres a copy in my local xtravision for 40 euros--40 bloody euros.Cant justify that at all!!!

Is Smash Stack the only one that works anymore? What about Indiana Pawns??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Could loan you our copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have the original Indiana Jones if anyone needs it!??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

madmoe wrote: »
    I have the original Indiana Jones if anyone needs it!??

Indiana pwns still works on VWii.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Could loan you our copy?
    Achilles wrote: »
    Indiana pwns still works on VWii.

Either of you near Maynooth or Swords?

i'm in celbridge, i have Smash Bros. But my availability tends to be pretty limited generallyand this is a hell of a busy week, so i can't promise anything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://e3.nintendo.com

It has a countdown for anyone jonesing for e3.

Either of you near Maynooth or Swords?

I'm near Clondalkin so could intercept you by Liffey Valley some day if you're travelling between those?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://e3.nintendo.com

It has a countdown for anyone jonesing for e3.

Saw the silhouettes they released. Hope not showing all those since they already covered super Luigi, pikmin, etc. in the last direct. So hope the hour covers everything coming after the summer.

I'll be working when it airs so will try and avoid any news from it until I get to watch it, which won't be easy since when I go to look for it it'll probably be titled with the game included.

One big advantage they will have over Sony and MS's conferences will be the ability to edit. :)

I'm near Clondalkin so could intercept you by Liffey Valley some day if you're travelling between those?

Thanks Damo...Do you still have my mobile number?

Thanks Damo...Do you still have my mobile number?

Don't think so buddy, on it to me and let me know when you're free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Where in Dublin can I try out a Wii U?

There's a demo unit in the Smyths at the top of Jervis St. (across from Cineworld/Pennys)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

There's a demo unit in the Smyths at the top of Jervis St. (across from Cineworld/Pennys)

Oh god. We stood there perplexed one day watching an old lady try to play Mario bros.

She couldn't even figure out how to enter the level!! Just kept trying to navigate the map. It was so frustrating to watch!

Think I said before, but I saw a wee boy playing Mario and it's so boring watching someone play who doesn't know how to run. Afterward a girl who was younger than him had a go and sped through the level.

My 4 year old thinks that overworld bit just after the cake where you have to outmanouvre a goomba on a 4x4 grid is the whole game and that stops being cute after 20 minutes of waiting for it to be daddy's turn again....

Was in gamestop today and saw a small handwritten piece of card saying "Trade in a Wii U Premium and get a PS3 or 360". Just thought it was strange. Didn't state which PS3 or 360 they would be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was in gamestop today and saw a small handwritten piece of card saying "Trade in a Wii U Premium and get a PS3 or 360". Just thought it was strange. Didn't state which PS3 or 360 they would be either.

Bad deal if you ask me. I bet there will be announced some cheap versions of 360 a d ps3 in e3. Wii u has a future. It will get up after those big Nintendo games kick in. Where's its phasing out period for ps3 and Xbox 360.

After the PS4 conference, I think Nintendo really needs to officially cut their price. Maybe don't announce it during the Direct but later.

working during the Direct so avoiding all news until I get home.

Oh, and woooo, Nintendo Direct in less than 5 hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Very interested in the PS4 now, €399, awesome price.

Thinking of selling on my phat 360 in the next few months and getting a extra slim PS3 to sit along side my Wii and WiiU and then in a year or two or three get myself a PS4.

Poor Microsoft seem to be in the toilet right now. Oh well.

SO Ninty Direct is in 5 hours time, wonder what they will suprise us with, will there be a price cut for the WiiU? Love my WiiU :-)

If there's a price cut there better be some awesome Gamecube VC games and Gold Mii-Pants for the early adopters!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I would think they would do something for the early adopters but prob not like the Ambassador program on the 3DS.

I personally think the price of the WiiU is ok for what you are getting, isn't it the 'tablet' controller what bumps up the price by €100-€150?

Its still cheaper than the XBone :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Where in Dublin can I try out a Wii U?

There's also a demo-unit upstairs in the Gamestop on Henry St.

Advertisement