Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Come on now, at least keep the goals in the same place, you'll give BOTW a 6/10 because of its frame rate, but Bloodborne and TLOU get a pass?

To be fair, the frame rate drops on TLOU are practically gone on PS4. Certainly I don't recall any.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To be fair, the frame rate drops on TLOU are practically gone on PS4. Certainly I don't recall any.

But the PS4 version is a port!
    I played it on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But the PS4 version is a port!
    I played it on PS3

Sligo is a port

A moments silence, if you'd be so kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Darksiders Warmastered Edition: Screenshots On Wii U
    darksiders-3-750x430.jpg

More images in the link below. The game releases next week and costs less than €20.

http://nintendo-power.com/2017/05/21/darksiders-warmastered-screenshots-wii-u/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

You can't really compare BOTW to TLOU, the difference in those games, TLOU was pushing an ancient console to the limit, BOTW is a brand new game on a brand new system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    You can't really compare BOTW to TLOU, the difference in those games, TLOU was pushing an ancient console to the limit, BOTW is a brand new game on a brand new system.

The Wii U is not a brand new system....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And, even if it is on a brand new system, the first period of releases are always going to be poorly optimised compared to later titles.
    You only have to look at the majority of 1st/2nd year releases on most formats and compare them to the later titles, they squeeze out a lot more.

xckjoo wrote: »
    The Wii U is not a brand new system....

Wait a minute.... are you suggesting that the stuttering and Moblin-Quakes on the Switch are deliberate as part of Nintendo's drive for parity between the 2 versions?

Holy cannoli!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Banjo wrote: »
    Wait a minute.... are you suggesting that the stuttering and Moblin-Quakes on the Switch are deliberate as part of Nintendo's drive for parity between the 2 versions?

Holy cannoli!

Haha. Ya. That's how on the game Nintendo are :D

But anyway, it's obviously going to be mainly a WiiU->Switch port since that's what happens with all new console releases for games that are cross platform.

My main point is that I'm wondering why SMC92Ian is complaining about a Switch game in a Wii U thread. It's puzzling why he's even come to the Nintendo forum to post since he doesn't seem to like the games they make :)

All opinions are welcome. It's important to have the odd voice of dissent to prevent this becoming some Society-esque shuntfest of Pro-Nintendo orgification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

All opinions are welcome. It's important to have the odd voice of dissent to prevent this becoming some Society-esque shuntfest of Pro-Nintendo orgification.

Absolutely, but where do you go with someone saying Nintendo games are €20 games, like indie games and not for grown ups.....on the Nintendo forum. I don't think realising the extreme short sightedness of such comments is being ultra pro Nintendo, it's just common sense with lots of evidence to show all of the above is not in anyway realistic.

Corholio wrote: »
    Absolutely, but where do you go with someone saying Nintendo games are €20 games, like indie games and not for grown ups.....on the Nintendo forum. I don't think realising the extreme short sightedness of such comments is being ultra pro Nintendo, it's just common sense with lots of evidence to show all of the above is not in anyway realistic.

If you were to chime in on the Playstation or Xbox forum with that type of commentary, you'd be warned/banned for trolling tbh.
    But here on the Nintendo forum it's our problem for being "fans".
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Really guys, I think all of you taking the bait when someone comes on to a Nintendo forum and says one of their personal defined traits of adulthood is not playing Nintendo games is the real problem here.

I know dedicating hours of effort to explain to an idiot that they're an idiot is the primary use of the internet, but at a certain point you just have to smile to yourself, shake your head and move on.

Besides everyone knows the true marker of adulthood is purchasing and using tupperware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Really guys, I think all of you taking the bait when someone comes on to a Nintendo forum and says one of their personal defined traits of adulthood is not playing Nintendo games is the real problem here.

I know dedicating hours of effort to explain to an idiot that they're an idiot is the primary use of the internet, but at a certain point you just have to smile to yourself, shake your head and move on.

Besides everyone knows the true marker of adulthood is purchasing and using tupperware.

deflater%2Bstick.jpg

I'll be honest with you, I've failed as a parent so I try to assuage my guilt by showing errant fanboys the patience and perseverance I could never give my own flesh and blood...

It's those "I don't need AAA on Nintendo, I have my X/Y/Z for that" sluts that I have no time for. Stick a cork up your hole, platform whore!

I'll be honest with you, I've failed as a parent so I try to assuage my guilt by showing errant fanboys the patience and perseverance I could never give my own flesh and blood...

It's those "I don't need AAA on Nintendo, I have my X/Y/Z for that" sluts that I have no time for. Stick a cork up your hole, platform whore!

But, I have all da platformz, I can have Ubi Far Watch Cry Dogs Creed on several machines, I don't need them on the Switch as well!

It's hard to take that at anything less than face value, given that you have more platforms than 70's night in Jumpman's house.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If you were to chime in on the Playstation or Xbox forum with that type of commentary, you'd be warned/banned for trolling tbh.
    But here on the Nintendo forum it's our problem for being "fans".
    :rolleyes:

Lol anytime I pop into this thread it's mostly arguing (unless I've exceptionally bad timing!). Nintendo seem to bring out strong emotions in some folk. :)
    budgemook wrote: »
    deflater%2Bstick.jpg

Christ almighty! Reminds me of the below: :pac:

Homer_Simpson_Spice.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Are you monogamous consologamous?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have pokemon themed coasters in use in my house, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

• Advertisement

Both completely mistook what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yep that was it....we mistook those things to mean something different than what they said.

I have pokemon themed coasters in use in my house, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

You use them???
    Are they now behind plexiglass, in frames on the wall, as purchased in Ikea???

Well, what did you mean? It seems like somehow we're supposed to forgive either a lack of quality control or a deliberate vision that was willing to sacrifice frame rate for the individual quality of those frames just because it was released on an old console. They had a vision, the hardware was not up to that vision but they did not compromise the vision, didn't wait for the hardware to catch up or move to an alternative platform; or worse - they saw the overall merit in what they'd done and reasoned it would help people look past the performance issues and possibly even become revenue generating when the redux on the new hardware was released via double-dippers. Which bit of that is more admirable than making a game that, the vast majority of the time, runs very well?

Look, I've not played TLoU, so I freely admit I have no idea what kind of performance issues it has. I didn't bring it up. In that regard I have no idea what I'm talking about and the previous paragraph has precisely zero merit.

All I know is that from any one point in BotW I can see right across the map. RIGHT ACROSS the biggest Gameworld I've ever walked in, with the exception maybe of procedurally generated spritefests (Daggerfall) or voids (Elite II). And it only stutters for a moment every now and then. That is not worth 4 marks off of 10. Hell, it only serves to remind you why 9 isn't enough :D BotW represents a staggering achievement on a box with the power of the WiiU, and given that I can play it on the go on the Switch with similar performance it's equally staggering there.

^^ What he said ^^

^^ What he said ^^

Exactly.

Amazon you ******* *****! My copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Fortissimo Edition arrived yesterday. Not content with false advertising, the box is battered and torn. They advertised it as the European version but sent me the Australian version. It's not the first time something like this has happened either. Now I have the headache of trying to return this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-Fortissimo-Game/dp/B01EMXHM10/
    DAlwg88W0AIY2sD.jpg:small

DAlwklwWAAEJHTa.jpg:small

You can't really see but there's a crease running along the centre on the side shot.

DAlwmkTXgAEZrA-.jpg:small

DAlw2D7XkAE2o8t.jpg:small

€67 for that? ******* ********!

Edit: Great, now the site has trouble recognising the Euro symbol.

sligeach wrote: »
    Amazon you ******* *****! My copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Fortissimo Edition arrived yesterday. Not content with false advertising, the box is battered and torn. They advertised it as the European version but sent me the Australian version. It's not the first time something like this has happened either. Now I have the headache of trying to return this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-Fortissimo-Game/dp/B01EMXHM10/

€67 for that? ******* ********!

Edit: Great, now the site has trouble recognising the Euro symbol.

Sucks but does it matter, the game is okay?

If he wanted the game, he wouldn't have bought the Fortissimo edition.
    You put a box with a tear like that up on top of your wardrobe and the spiders will be in it before the dust has a chance to settle on it. €68 for a spider habitat? Disgraceful, Joe!

• Advertisement

Sucks but does it matter, the game is okay?

It does matter because if I pay for something I expect to get a new pristine copy and for it to be what it's advertised as. Not battered, torn and from another region. I already own the solus game but I want this Collectors Edition. Very disappointing.

Advertisement