Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That'd drive me mad as well in fairness, especially those cardboard limited editions as the corners are a curse for being squashed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Does being an Oz release matter from the collectable sides of things?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Does being an Oz release matter from the collectable sides of things?

I think so. The European market is bigger than Australia. The packaging is nicer too and of a better quality. I'll take a photo shortly to show you what I mean.
    DAmso5iXgAEIkou.jpg:small

DAmsxpgW0AEWJ1L.jpg:small

The difference in the quality of the cardboard packaging is like night and day.

sligeach wrote: »
    I think so. The European market is bigger than Australia. The packaging is nicer too and of a better quality. I'll take a photo shortly to show you what I mean.

Actually the plastic on the two standard cases I have from Oz are much worse than the euro ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I wasn't sure what I'd make of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE as I'm fairly new to JRPG's. I'm delighted I got it, it's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

sligeach wrote: »
    Amazon you ******* *****! My copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Fortissimo Edition arrived yesterday. Not content with false advertising, the box is battered and torn. They advertised it as the European version but sent me the Australian version. It's not the first time something like this has happened either. Now I have the headache of trying to return this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-Fortissimo-Game/dp/B01EMXHM10/

You can't really see but there's a crease running along the centre on the side shot.

€67 for that? ******* ********!

Edit: Great, now the site has trouble recognising the Euro symbol.

Surely they'll tell you to not bother returning it.

Surely they'll tell you to not bother returning it.

No, I have it boxed and labelled. Just need to get it to the post office. Pain in the @R$€;. I have until June 23rd to return it. You should edit those photos out or a mod will do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Huh, I've had amazon tell me several times not to bother returning stuff (maybe I've just had a spate of bad luck with them) and refunded me anyway. **** about the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I already posted this in the bargain alerts section but Mein Gotts.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-wii-u-consoles-49-99-game-instore-only-2712572

I already posted this in the bargain alerts section but Mein Gotts.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-wii-u-consoles-49-99-game-instore-only-2712572

2 hopes of finding one though.

• Advertisement

My hope would be other retailers start to heavely discount the price too.

My hope would be other retailers start to heavely discount the price too.

Yeah definitely. I already have one but a second wouldn't go amiss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Doubt there's many left in any high street store these days. Sure smyths did that clear out offer months ago.

Picked up Yoshi's Wooly World today, perhaps my last Wii U physical purchase!

Doubt there's many left in any high street store these days. Sure smyths did that clear out offer months ago.

Picked up Yoshi's Wooly World today, perhaps my last Wii U physical purchase!

You picked a good one to go out on if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

You picked a good one to go out on if that's the case.

Good game but he should have waited for the Deluxe version on the Switch.

:D bravo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, probably not, seeing as they did bring an excellent version to the 3DS, looks and posts fantastic, with only the loss of the 3D hub, replacing it with a more traditional linear, 2D affair, and including the Poochy focused stuff, not to mention a gorgeous knitted Poochy Amiibo.

Poochy Amiibo is as rare as a sober Irishman, seldom seen but we do exist I think, but thinking is for nerds. Time for sleep.

• Today is the day I play Wonderful 101
    Wish me luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Poochy Amiibo is as rare as a sober Irishman, seldom seen but we do exist I think, but thinking is for nerds. Time for sleep.

Erh... is this a "The RAGE" definition of rare?

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-yoshis-woolly-world-series-yarn-poochy/13/70akt7?gclid=CjwKEAjwjunJBRDzl6iCpoKS4G0SJACJAx-VpUtCKO2e-Tsep2whJFnBYBHZKyHX_H4H6D8wCYw4_BoC1gXw_wcB&ref=froogle_ie

Seems readily available enough to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Today is the day I play Wonderful 101
    Wish me luck!!

Buy the block and the dodge immediately.

They're basically required so I don't understand why they were made optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Quick question: Zelda - Breath of the Wild on Wii-U. Worth selling if I plan on getting a Switch next month?

I got €52 cash in CEX for it a while back, more than I paid!!

I got €52 cash in CEX for it a while back, more than I paid!!

I can get 49 today in Cex, and I do love money. But is the Switch version worth the investment?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

robojet wrote: »
    I can get 49 today in Cex, and I do love money. But is the Switch version worth the investment?

depositphotos_12034962-stock-photo-open-can-of-worms.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

robojet wrote: »

What do you mean by "investment"? What exactly are you wondering?

I think the games themselves are pretty much the same. Not aware of any extra content being announced for the Switch or anything.

xckjoo wrote: »
    What do you mean by "investment"? What exactly are you wondering?

I think the games themselves are pretty much the same. Not aware of any extra content being announced for the Switch or anything.

I mean is there anything that makes the Switch version better?

You can play it on the go....other than that they're virtually identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

We're never getting a sale on Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii U eshop, are we? I've been wanting to replay it.

• Advertisement

_Godot_ wrote: »
    We're never getting a sale on Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii U eshop, are we? I've been wanting to replay it.

There was the €10 introductory price when it first launched. That's when I bought it. The same with Metroid Prime Trilogy. Otherwise I wouldn't pay €20 for practically no effort and games I already own and are less than 10 feet away as I write this. They're file dumps run through the Wii mode on the console that don't have the added benefit of save states that the other VC games have. Anyway, ya, I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to Nintendo and sales of their own games.

Edit: Maybe they'll have a My Nintendo "Just For You" discount of 10% for 500 gold coins on a night when a Star Fragment falls from the sky during a Blood Moon.

Advertisement