Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I said I'd try to take photo's of my Nintendo games. Not sure I want to take another one as gathering and finding everything was a nuisance. And it's not really everything, there's stuff missing, I don't see Darksiders II there for example and the Guitar Hero is a massive box that I put away, I'll be damned if I'm lugging it out just for a photo. I put in some games like Yoshi's Woolly World and Star Fox Zero that seem like duplicates but have slightly different boxarts. I see I left out other solus versions though like XCX.
    DPPYeR2X0AEgNTY.jpg:large

The Wii and Gamecube collections are twice as big. The only thing missing that I want really is the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Collector's Edition. It wasn't available in Ireland, was hard to get and a bit of a rip-off. Bought it online before but had to return it as it was the Australian version.

Edit: I came across a few more this evening.
    DPQ372eX4AEf4We?format=jpg

I'd forget my own head sometimes if it wasn't attached. There's a rake of other LEGO games somewhere as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That sure is nice. The WiiU box colour is my favourite of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Pac1Man wrote: »
    That sure is nice. The WiiU box colour is my favourite of all.

Yeah mine too. Damn you Mario Maker, damn you to hell!

Nice collection sligeach.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was Paper Mario any good? Anything like Thousand Year Door?

Must try and get Woolly World sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Will wii u games work on switch thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

soap1978 wrote: »

No

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

soap1978 wrote: »

They will as they are re-released for even more money on a cart!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They will as they are re-released for even more money on a cart!

You are that guy on the bomb squad backroom team who keeps shouting "cut the red wire!" into the radio and yet bemoans all the traffic on the commute home due to the city's roadways being clogged with masonry. DONT SET HIM OFF!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    You are that guy on the bomb squad backroom team who keeps shouting "cut the red wire!" into the radio and yet bemoans all the traffic on the commute home due to the city's roadways being clogged with masonry. DONT SET HIM OFF!

It happens often enough for there to be a"That Guy"?

Maybe I need to read it in a Belfast accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You two are the embodiment of Statler and Waldorf or rather Randolph and Mortimer.

• Advertisement

Ah shut up and eat your pork bellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nothing but pheasant for me. Philistine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

MERRY NEW YEAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Quick question for Wii U gurus!!

Am interested in getting one for my lads who are 6 for Xmas.

Where is the best place to look for one Adverts, Cex or Done Deal?
    Ideally would want one with a box but I know that might be stretching it!

Are there any issues I should look out for? Is the handheld screen easily scratched?

Thanks for any advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

branners69 wrote: »

Are there any issues I should look out for? Is the handheld screen easily scratched?

Thanks for any advice!

If you cant find online or in a shop then CEX give a warranty and you can inspect before you buy.

Thanks for any advice!

Buy from Adverts.ie You'll find much better value. Donedeal I find have a fair amount of scam adverts. Cex are more expensive.

sligeach wrote: »
    Buy from Adverts.ie You'll find much better value. Donedeal I find have a fair amount of scam adverts. Cex are more expensive.

2 year warranty though with cex.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Thanks for any advice!

Argos have new ones if it’s a Christmas present.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2452687/Trail/searchtext%3EWII+U+CONSOLE.htm

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I thought it was only 3 months?
    Gizmo55 wrote: »

They never have stock and at that price I think I would just get the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I thought it was only 3 months?

They never have stock and at that price I think I would just get the Switch.

Cex is 2 years. Grabbed a controller the other day and they said 2 years. Yeh, wii u seems to be out of stock.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Feck the warranty. I've had my Wii U on every day for the past 5 years and have never had an issue. It's needless extra expense.

All warranties are a needless extra expense.
    Except when they're not.
    And you don't know if / when that's going to be.
    So it all depends on whether you'd rather a guaranteed small expense up front, or a much less likely but far larger expense later. And that's a subjective decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Thanks for any advice!

Hi, I have a WiiiU here if you are interested. Pristine condition, no scratches anywhere. Several top games inc Mario Kart, Poker, Smash Bros, Mario.

I was gonna trade it but I would love it to go to a good home at a good price.

Let me know if you are interested via PM and I can show it to you etc..

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Cex is 2 years.

That is great to know cheers. Will be worth the extra on the off chance something goes wrong. As it is for Xmas I dont want a head ache in the new year.

sligeach wrote: »
    Feck the warranty. I've had my Wii U on every day for the past 5 years and have never had an issue. It's needless extra expense.

I'm sure you looked after yours becuase you love it. I doubt a second hand for sale in adverts/donedeal has been loved.
    You're not even saving that much by not going cex. You'll save on games all right.

I bought one for work in cex with Mario maker. A year later maker stops working and I went into cex with the receipt and got a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ahead of opening my Switch on Christmas morning, I want to put in one last push to get through some of my unplayed Wii U backlog (before selling the lot over the next few weeks). The two best rated games I have that need looking at are 1) Pikmin 3 and 2) Wonderful 101.

I played the first few levels of Pikmin 3 a few years ago, put it aside for whatever reason and never went back to it. Haven't played 1 second of Wonderful 101. Which should I look at first, given I may have limited playing time and want to get everything sold by the end of the month if possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm the same with Pikmin 3. I only played the first few levels and never went back. Someday......faithful backlog! Didn't like the look of Wonderful 101 from the videos I watched, but both get great reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Pikmin 3 shines in the multiplayer. Both the campaign and the battle modes.
    But the single player is still great. Although I don't know how some of the later levels are done on single player! They're almost impossible on 2 player!!
    Either way, I'd recommend you at least give Pikmin 3 another go, if even for a short while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Can Pikmin be played well just using the gamepad? My Wii remote is banjaxed but I wouldn't mind giving Pikmin another try.

• Advertisement

Sorry wasn't sure where to post this.

Does anyone know if CEX accept "Nintendo Selects" Wii U games (The games with the red covers) when trading in games?

Thanks

Advertisement