Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Made some changes to Wii U version. The 'Tingle Tuner' changed. Miiverse comments can wash up in a bottle in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Wind Waker out in October

Wonderful 101 on now. Special moves performed by drawing symbols on Gamepad screen. Can purchase skills from shop, called 'Unitemorph'. Multiplayer mode up to 5 players. Launching August 23rd in Europe. Nintendo Direct dedicated to it soon.

New Donkey Kong game shown for the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Corholio wrote: »
    eShop releases now being shown. Oddworld, Ducktales, Shovel Knight, Spin the Bottle, A World of Keflings

I'm so very excited for Ducktales

Woo-oo

• Advertisement

Donkey Kong island overrun by Vikings is the storyline. Looks beautiful. Different camera angles, full 360 shots at times. 'Title is' Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze', launching end of year

Bayonetta 2 now up! Trailer being shown looks insane.

Bayonetta actual gameplay now being shown. Fighting on the back of a moving train. More info to be released as e3 goes on. Launches 2014.

New game with Monolith Soft being shown. Looks incredible. Giant mechs and monsters. Giant open world. Title not mentioned.

Super Smash Bros now being shown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My video feed cut out before Smash Brothers, how's it look?

Can fight inside a boxing ring, on a moving train. 'Villager' is new character. Graphic style looks superb. Coming 2014.

Mega Man announced as a character!

The Link shown in the footage looks very, very like the awesome Zelda they showed at e3 few years ago.

And that's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No new Zelda so i ain't buying a Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

No Metroid :(.

Otherwise liked the look of everything shown. Can't wait for Mario and DK. Oh, and Wind Waker and MK8. And Wonderful 101. My wallet's going to hate me :o.

Some very early thoughts.

Mari Kart looks fantastic
    Mario 3D doesn't look a huge jump but would have to see more to judge properly.
    The Monolith Soft game looks incredible, looks a huge open world.
    Bayonetta looks as crazy as we thought it'd be.
    Really like the style that Smash Bros has taken on, it's not very different but the characters look more beautifully done. Also looks to have a lot more varied locations, boxing ring, moving train etc.
    Donkey Kong didn't look hugely different till they showed the 360 view the camera can take on in some levels, looks nice.

I didn't expect a new Zelda to be honest. Also no word on the secret Retro Studio's game.

But everything shown looked quality. Although I'll reserve judgement on the New 3D Mario.

I have to say though that Monolith Soft game looked as good as anything I saw from the Sony or Microsoft conferences. Really did look absolutely gorgeous.

Some early playings of Mario Kart have been very positive, a lot saying the series feels invigorated by the changes

• Advertisement

Woah. It seems the Donkey Kong game is the Retro Studio's secret game! I must have completely missed them saying that.
    A link To The Past 2 is now officially called 'A Link Between Worlds'

• Registered Users Posts: 29,046 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think that direct will convince people to invest in Wii U. Especially not before the end of the year

Bayonetta confirmed to have some sort of multiplayer, a 2 player mode. Not much else is known yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Corholio wrote: »
    Woah. It seems the Donkey Kong game is the Retro Studio's secret game! I must have completely missed them saying that.
    A link To The Past 2 is now officially called 'A Link Between Worlds'

Did they mention that LTTP sequel in the direct?

Must admit, i'm not all that excited by much of what i saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

It was a nice nintendo direct but every game i was looking forward to has moved to 2014

lt looks like i have about 4 games this year on wii u

The 'Wii Fit Trainer' was this evening announced as another new playable character in Smash Bros. She's the mannequin style trainer that demonstrates the exercises in Wii Fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Not sure if this has been posted,but it looks like COD Ghosts is in development for the Wii U.This should please Wii U owning fans of the series.

Source Here

Miyamoto on Zelda Wii U this evening:

Speaking to gameinformer.com, the legendary game developer and creator of the Zelda series has said that the latest game in the epic series, which had been previously announced during a Nintendo Direct in January but not yet shown, was almost outed at 2013's E3, before deciding "to wait just a little bit longer before sharing it with everyone."

Miyamoto went on to say that "work is progressing fairly concretely" on the new title which gives us hope that possibly, before the year is out, we may yet get our first glimpse of Link's first original outing on Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

So, having a few hours to think about it, what did everyone think of the Direct? I have to be honest, I was slightly disappointed. I loved the look of pretty much everything there but there wasn't really anything surprising there. We already knew that Mario, MK and Smash Bros were going to be shown. We had already seen a small bit of Bayonetta 2 and X, although they both looked amazing. The only thing that hadn't already been announced was DK, which, while nice, looked similar enough to the previous game and wasn't really what I expected to be Retro's game.

I was honestly hoping for a new Metroid game and maybe a return from 1 or 2 of their other franchises like Star Fox or F Zero. I'm not really sure if there was enough there to convince people to buy a Wii U, especially when combined with no price cut and the new consoles arriving. MK not coming till Spring doesn't help either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If there was a Dragons Den show dedicated specifically to funding hyperviolent Tina Fey sex fantasies, that Bayonetta 2 trailer would be my pitch. And youknow I'd get my funding...

Mariokart 8 looks sharp. But it didn't make my want-pump thump.
    Didn't bother my arse with the Super Mario 3D U Land In 3D On WiiU. That can't be a good sign.

Wonderful 101 has a Viewtiful Joe look to it. The trailers make it seem a little more involved than the brief watercooler man-in-the-street synopsis I'd heard a few months ago. I won't have any money when it's released, but I'll definitely wish I could afford it.

Advertisement