Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,046 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Having major problems getting online. Had to go through a whole rigmarole of connecting manually to access my wi-fi router...but now it connects to that but not the internet! Found a couple of proposed solutions online, but neither worked. Very disappointing as I really like the system, but this is unreal...will be going back if I dont get online in the next week.

What security level is your router set to? I had to change from WPA to WEP to get mine to work.

Edit: Ah never mind. What was the solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I also now have a Wii U :) very impressed with the gamepad, as a matter of fact thought it'd end up being cack. Consoles very small as well, not a criticism mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Welcome to the party!
    Alas, you missed all the cheap NES games :(

Just got Batman : Arkham City essentially for free. Supports Off-TV, and has Batman in it. The fact that it's a combination of decent exploration, sublime combat and some quality storytelling is just a bonus :)

I know :( I pre-ordered pikmin in gamestop, apparently it's only 40 quid :rolleyes: But I picked up mario as well. Its lovely to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Just picked up pikmin 3 at gamestop. I asked the guy over the counter if it was on sale and he said they had a few copies there, so success!

39.99 aswell. Very happy with nintendo right now! Is that how much it is everywhere?

• Advertisement

Aidonin wrote: »
    Just picked up pikmin 3 at gamestop. I asked the guy over the counter if it was on sale and he said they had a few copies there, so success!

39.99 aswell. Very happy with nintendo right now! Is that how much it is everywhere?

Well thats what gamestop told me today as well, but I assumed they were talking crap. Thats actually very good.

Are you saying Gamestop are not only selling a game for a decent price, but it's a brand new Nintendo game? Never saw that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

40 big ones? Roll on payday tomorrow!

Ow!

Banjo wrote: »

Just got Batman : Arkham City essentially for free. Supports Off-TV, and has Batman in it. The fact that it's a combination of decent exploration, sublime combat and some quality storytelling is just a bonus :)

Where? How? Trade in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well, Batman was 12.50 sterling. I was buying something else from the same vendor and as I was approaching the checkout a little voice - it might have been Oracle, or the Riddler, or perhaps the onset of dementia - whispered in my ear "Don't you have a discount code for this site somewhere?" so I hunted through my emails and found that yes, yes I did. I entered said code and received £13 off the price of what I was buying. Now, I'm not saying I was drunk, but when you squint at the word "discount" don't you see a bat-signal shining out of the O as well?

Are gamestop going out of business? That sounds like an Ebeneezer Scrooge / Road to Damascas -level catharsis in their approach to pricing, the kind of thing that normally only happens when you're on your death bed and want to make sure you're going to the spirit in the sky... They say that in his final hours even Hitler offered one of his officers his last rolo....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pikmin 3 is beautiful...

I'm moving there ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Think I'm going to get a Wii U this weekend. Is the Pro a must? I prefer the white version but 8GB is pretty small tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

32GB isn't that big either, but the Pro does come with a few extras, so check them out and decide if the price difference is worth it for you.

You can always add an external hard drive for additional space. Up to 2TB is supported, but the hard drive will be wiped entirely. You cannot set up partitions on the drive. An externally powered drive is recommended too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

This might be a repost, but Shadow of the Eternals is back up on Kickstarter with a lower goal now.

In case someone doesnt know its a spiritual sucessor to Eternal Darkness which can be found here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eternal-Darkness-Sanitys-Requiem-GameCube/dp/B00005Q8M4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374835427&sr=8-1&keywords=eternal+darkness

Here is the link to the kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617502838/shadow-of-the-eternals-0

Its onto day 2 now with 28 days left to go and is already at $106,794, when i donated it was at $70,000. so there seems to be more interest now.

(sorry if this is spam, just wanted people to know about it)

Pikmin was actually 40 notes. Huh. Good job gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

cloud493 wrote: »
    Pikmin was actually 40 notes. Huh. Good job gamestop.

My gamestop said 49.99 went in today, they had none in stock anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

/\/ollog wrote: »
    My gamestop said 49.99 went in today, they had none in stock anyway.

It was 40 Gamestop in Limerick as well. The Parkway shop only got in 2 copies, though, of which I got the last one thankfully.

Got the last copy in Gamestop Tallaght. Forty quid. Looking forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Think I'm going to get a Wii U this weekend. Is the Pro a must? I prefer the white version but 8GB is pretty small tbh.

You don't get that much more with the pro, a charging cradle which is nice but inessential and a copy of Nintendoland which is cheap to buy separately these days, and a sensor bar for the 0.0000001% of wii u buyers who didn't also have the wii. But most of that 8gb is taken up by the os. if you are going to buy online, it seems like you missed the cheap deal on Amazon, was £150 for the 8gb recently :(
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    What security level is your router set to? I had to change from WPA to WEP to get mine to work.

Edit: Ah never mind. What was the solution?

All of this and making a change to the MTU:
    http://kotaku.com/5961600/if-your-wii-u-wont-connect-to-your-wifi-router-heres-what-to-do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I too saw the deal on Amazon for £149 (Around €170) Sadly it's gone now..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Is Black Ops on the Wii any good?

Xtravision are offering 25 trade in on Zombi U and Im not mad about it.

So what do I use the 25 quid for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Is Black Ops on the Wii any good?

Xtravision are offering 25 trade in on Zombi U and Im not mad about it.

So what do I use the 25 quid for?

Bo2 is good but not as good as bo1. If you wait 'til Nov 5th, CoD Ghosts is out on wiiu then.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

smokingman wrote: »
    Bo2 is good but not as good as bo1. If you wait 'til Nov 5th, CoD Ghosts is out on wiiu then.

Yeah but then Zombi U might only be worth a tenner :D:D:D
    May aswell take them up on the offer since I only paid 15 for it.

Anythign else you`d recommend?

Mario , Tekken , AC3?

Enjoying Batman at the minute.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Scan currently have the Wii U basic sitting at 180 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Yeah but then Zombi U might only be worth a tenner :D:D:D
    May aswell take them up on the offer since I only paid 15 for it.

Anythign else you`d recommend?

Mario , Tekken , AC3?

Enjoying Batman at the minute.

Need for Speed is pretty amazing, absolutely love that game. Ninja Gaiden 3 might be pretty cheap these days but is a hell of a lot of fun.

Have to say Black Ops is excellent.

Online its as good as any other version.

Have to say Black Ops is excellent.

Online its as good as any other version.

Think I'll grab it if i see it nice and cheap anywhere (I'm not the biggest fps fan in the world, but the odd time they're fun).

Meanwhile, Pikmin 3 is the game that is finally making me love my WiiU. It's just brilliant. So pretty and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭granturismo

smokingman wrote: »

For me, Bl Ops 2 is streets ahead of Bl Ops on the Wii/U. Graphics for one.

I have Reflex, Bl Ops, MW3 and Bl Ops 2. Bl Ops is my least favourite - I grew tired of the multiplayer maps very quickly and just didnt enjoy the feel of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Anybody download the Animal Crossing plaza? Its beautiful!

I couldn't join the community though, kept getting an error message. Not sure if it was an issue with my connection, I was definitely online.

• Advertisement

So apparently a Wonderful 101 demo will be up on eshop from 4pm today

Advertisement