Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

wonderful 101 demo was great fun though very chaotic , too much happening on screen i didnt know where my character was

will buy though sometime around christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭knoggs

I loved the Wonderful 101 demo. Played the story mode and missions and took approx 1 hour to complete

I even went ahead and pre-ordered from Amazon based on the demo :-)

It is a little chaotic at first. I recommend taking it slowly and experimenting with the controls

(hint - to use items, scroll through them with d-pad right direction and press down or touch the icon on gameoad to use. Took me a while to work that bit out.
    ZL and ZR do a jelly-shield and dodge respectively. Also, face-buttons can be re-configured as you wish

If you get stuck when you go inside the hangar, try pressing '-' .. apparently there is a bug only affecting some people ... including me!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

So I'm thinking of getting myself a WiiU does anyone know of any good deals or bundles going on at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Radiosonde wrote: »
    If you're not in a hurry, i'd just wait and keep an eye on online prices. They fluctuated a lot recently...basically whenever asda or whoever slashes the price, amazon matches it. Obviously wont again with asda, but maybe another retailer. Iirc, amazon.it have a reasonable price for it too. And non pricey delivery.

Excellent, that amazon.it link is pretty good, I was looking at the Zombiu bundle on amazon.co.uk and it's £299/€350 and it's only €299 on the Italian site, I wanted to get it because you get the pro controller with it as well.

Do you get much stuff from the Italian site, how are they for deliveries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Excellent, that amazon.it link is pretty good, I was looking at the Zombiu bundle on amazon.co.uk and it's £299/€350 and it's only €299 on the Italian site, I wanted to get it because you get the pro controller with it as well.

Do you get much stuff from the Italian site, how are they for deliveries

Just once, it was fine, I think maybe 8euro delivery dont exactly remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm sure yis all know this, but if you buy pikmin 3 on the eshop, you get 30% off The Wonderful 101 (until 21 sept).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Twitch.tv works on the Wii U's browser now, provided the streamer is using their new standards.

You can't search because there's no search button, and can't log in to chat/see your followers though, because ... I don't know.
    But hey, streams on the upad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

My Wii U has been gathering dust the last few months but noticed today that the Eshop and virtual console is gradually improving. €69.99 for the digital download of Splinter Cell: Blacklist is an absolute disgrace tho

Looks like a few versions of SFII have been added to virtual console today. I'll buy them all. Again.

This means, tremendously, i have a proper snes street fighter, but handheld.

I've wanted this for about (literally) twenty years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you buy 2 you get the 3rd one free till Friday
    Not sure if the wii -> wiiu upgrade counts towards that (if you already own one) but suspect it does. Also can't see why you'd want all 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Saw a Wii u pro controller in pc world for €23 today. Trying to decide if I want it or not

Banjo wrote: »
    If you buy 2 you get the 3rd one free till Friday
    Not sure if the wii -> wiiu upgrade counts towards that (if you already own one) but suspect it does. Also can't see why you'd want all 3.

I can't see why you wouldn't! :-D

Gonna get them later.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Saw a Wii u pro controller in pc world for €23 today. Trying to decide if I want it or not

That's a fantastic price, buy it first THEN think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Banjo wrote: »
    That's a fantastic price, buy it first THEN think about it!

Ok done. Now to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Good. More people should buy it.

Would love the Zelda special edition, but i'm still firmly in the "I want an actual physical copy of the game" camp.

Edit: Jeez, can't wait to get stuck into Wind Waker again.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    "I want an actual physical copy of the game

Just saw that there. I'm the same. I like looking a t a shelf full of physical games - preferable C.E's.

I'm in a predicament now. I've currently got the PS4 and Xbox One preordered. I need the Wii U in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Wind Waker HD and i'm sold :D

Seems we get an "exclusive double-sided title sheet of Zelda artwork and a never-before-seen high quality figurine of Ganondorf wielding his dual swords in battle." instead of the digital copy of the Hyrule Hystoria that purchasers in the US get...

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/53866/nintendo-releasing-zelda-wind-waker-hd-wii-u-bundles/

Is that not a US price cut? Which brings the price in line with the UK price (which Zavvi and Asda mortally wounded about 6 months ago)? (£249 is what Amazon were selling the Nintendoland bundle for last week)

The UK premium price is getting a drop to £249 apparently, just more official now i guess even though some retailers had it at that recently :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

I personally think it's either too late or too early for the price-cut.
    They have some good games and a holiday season coming up, I'd have waited.
    a better time to cut the price would've been a month or two before pikmin 3 came out.

Well, if you've go customers walking into Game or Gamestop with money to put down on an XBOX One Day One Edition or a PS4, you want them to see the sign for the reduced price WiiU next to a sign with Pikmin swarming a giant beetle that looks like Ganondorf or Chase McCain frisking Luigi for illicit Mushrooms or Bayonetta playfully licking a bullet off Samus's zero-suited behind and think "I don't want Call of HonourField X, I want THAT!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yay... that means my basic bundle will be limited edition one day, hard to find and rare?

Maybe I can then sell it to The R.A.G.E. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wind Waker limited edition with the awesome looking Gannondorf figure is exclusive to GAME.
    So we can't get it unless we order from GAME in the UK... :/

Nintendo Customer Service claims the console/game bundle actually DOES come with the figure, even though I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else...
    I'm not sure I want to believe them to be honest...
    :rolleyes:
    We can confirm that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Premium Pack does come with a high quality figurine which depicts Ganondorf wielding dual swords in attack.

As this bundle contains a Nintendo Wii U Premium console the ability to create a Nintendo Network Premium account will also be included.

From what I've read, it seems the Wii U bundle doesn't include the figure, but does include the digital copy of (the very awesome) Hyrule Historia.

I've ordered the special edition with the figure from GAME thanks to Parcel Motel... :D

Wind Waker limited edition with the awesome looking Gannondorf figure is exclusive to GAME.
    So we can't get it unless we order from GAME in the UK... :/

Jaysus.

Anyone else gave anything like this? Gamestop have an equivalent?

In other news, i saw something in that metro paper today about 24 xtra vision branches being dual branded with hmv. Anyone know anything about that? (Not really Wiiu news, aside from the fact that i got mine in HMV, and i'd certainly like a few more options in the bricks n mortar world).

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    In other news, i saw something in that metro paper today about 24 xtra vision branches being dual branded with hmv. Anyone know anything about that? (Not really Wiiu news, aside from the fact that i got mine in HMV, and i'd certainly like a few more options in the bricks n mortar world).

I can't wait for HMV to be back either. Myself and EnterNow were queueing outside the Liffey Valley branch to get our Wii U's on release day!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hmv-ireland-stores-set-to-reopen-next-week-29537601.html
    Some of the Xtravision shops are to get a "HMV Concession" or be dual-branded.
    “The stores that are to be dual branded are: Artane Castle, Dublin, Ashleaf SC Dublin, Athlone, Ballina, Blackpool, Douglas, Carlow, Drogheda, Dundalk, Ennis, Galway, Navan, Nenagh, Thurles SC, Tullamore, Sligo and Omagh in Northern Ireland,” Mr Howard added.

• Advertisement

Ashleaf, eh? Nice one, i'll take that.

Advertisement