Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

From what I've read, it seems the Wii U bundle doesn't include the figure, but does include the digital copy of (the very awesome) Hyrule Historia.

I've ordered the special edition with the figure from GAME thanks to Parcel Motel... :D
    Europe doesn't get the Hyrule Historia, we get a 7 day trial of the Karoke thingy instead... :mad:

Got another email from Nintendo...they made a mistake when they told me it came with the figure, it definitely doesn't :rolleyes:

Was right to not trust them haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've got my Wii U, got my physical copy of Hyrule Historia so now just need my copy of WWHD. And I can just take a run into Derry to GAME. :)

And as for Xtravision, I got an email from my local branch yesterday saying they were out of receivership.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've got my Wii U, got my physical copy of Hyrule Historia so now just need my copy of WWHD. And I can just take a run into Derry to GAME. :)

And as for Xtravision, I got an email from my local branch yesterday saying they were out of receivership.

My local one has loads of copies of 'Receivership' :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Wii U... I want one but yet...Meh.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Rayman Legends landed on my desk this morning! :D Can't wait! :D

• Advertisement

Rayman Legends landed on my desk this morning! :D Can't wait! :D

I think we need a "B*stard" button to go alongside the "thanks" button. :)

Had to explain to a woman in Smyths on Saturday that the Wii U was a new console

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

/\/ollog wrote: »

Also sold the best at least in the UK from what Eurogamer have said.

Varik wrote: »
    Also sold the best at least in the UK from what Eurogamer have said.

45% of the non-digital sales for the game this week were sold on Wii U.
    Not bad for a console with 4.8% of the market share (not including handhelds or PC).

/\/ollog wrote: »

I posted this over in the mail Games forum thread for Rayman Legends:
    Good digital foundry article here that basically says it's a remarkable game on all platforms, and identical, with the Wii U having a slight advantage game-play wise:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-rayman-legends-face-off?utm_source=eurogamer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=net-daily

I'd imagine the Vita would be as good as the Wii U version, though without the interaction between multiple players that you can have on the Wii U.

• Advertisement

I posted this over in the mail Games forum thread for Rayman Legends:

The vito version is missing some of the "hardcore" challenge levels. 28 missing I think.

Yeah. Might be pedantic on the wording, but they did say that the Vita version would contain 'all the original content'... whereas the Invasion levels are most likely the result of the extra dev time they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just got myself a used zombi u wii u with everything included games are obviously zombi u and mario u and few downloads for 220 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just got myself a used zombi u wii u with everything included games are obviously zombi u and mario u and few downloads for 220 euro :D

Brand new!?

Picking up one soon. Really not looking forward to the Wii -> WiiU content transfer...I've got 180 Virtual Console games :(
    Anyone know if you can use the same SD card on the WiiU after transferring them, without needing a re-download?
    Also how much are the upgrade fees for NES/SNES on the eShop here? :)
    madmoe wrote: »
    Brand new!?

Well considering the lack of games, it's gotta be in pretty good condition :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

madmoe wrote: »
    Brand new!?

Ah Jesus no lol guy bought it on release and said it was an ornament as he is a pc gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Also how much are the upgrade fees for NES/SNES on the eShop here? :)
    €1.50 is the upgrade fee for Snes. didn't have any NES titles...

Don't make any f'ing plans for SD Transfer day - took me hours (ok, maybe 40 mins?) and I couldn't have had more than 10 VC games.

Banjo wrote: »
    €1.50 is the upgrade fee for Snes. didn't have any NES titles...

Don't make any f'ing plans for SD Transfer day - took me hours (ok, maybe 40 mins?) and I couldn't have had more than 10 VC games.

Thanks!
    I've got to download almost half of them to my Wii yet :(

Wii is modded so I'm gonna clone the NAND so I can still play them on it after the transfer. :D

Yeah i'm not making any plans for that day/couple of days...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Thanks!
    I've got to download almost half of them to my Wii yet :(

Wii is modded so I'm gonna clone the NAND so I can still play them on it after the transfer. :D

Yeah i'm not making any plans for that day/couple of days...:P

How long did it take you to clone the NAND and then copy to the WiiU? I'm going to get the Zelda bundle and I have about 50 VC games as well!

(while you;re waiting for Nitromaster to answer) For me, with a more modest number of VC games, I started around 11:30pm, I think it finished up around 2am. I didn't flash the NAND back on the Wii as I only had the one telly available, so add a little time on for that, but I also had to mess about with updates for the Shop channel on the Wii (to avoid the system update) so I could connect and download the transfer tool. Also, I may have fallen asleep in the middle and dreamed of Pikmin so it was seamless.

BTW I bought a couple of Street Fighters with Wii Points then upgraded them on the WiiU for 1.50 a piece to get the free copy of the 3rd SNES street fighter in the promo that was running last week, and it worked, so in case anyone was wondering :
    1. the Wii->WiiU upgrade fee counts as a VC purchase for VC promotions
    2. If you're buying Wii Point cards off the Stars Catalogue they only allow you to buy one card a day - you get an error telling you to wait a day if you try to buy a second one - but the clock appears to reset at midnight (luckily I bought my first one at 11:58pm and waited a few minutes to buy the second the following morning!)

• Advertisement

Excellent, cheers for that!

Did you have to have all of your VC games already on your Wii so you can transfer them over or can you just download them on the WiiU in Wii mode?

You know, I didn't actually look. I really should have. I did the transfer and haven't used WiiMode since. The WiiU isn't actually connected to the TV any more, I'm entirely dependent on OffTV Play mode these days. If I get a chance I'll rig it up later and look.

Yeah that's one of the things I can't wait to use the WiiU for, I'm really looking forward to playing the Wind Waker again in HD but then knowing I can continue playing it on the controller when somebody else wants to watch Coronation Street is brilliant!

you've got me thinking, why the hell is my WiiU under the Telly? It just makes it awkward for me to reach and prevents me from taking the controller to the toilet. I should move it to somewhere that suits me better!

For all their Unreal 4 engines and Call of Honourfield sequels and Naughty Dog games, I really pity those poor XBone and PS4 acolytes, tied to looking at a single screen in a single position in a single room that doesn't have a toilet in it (unless they're in prison).

Maybe they should just use that as a marketing strategy more than anything else. "Play in front of the tv. Play in bed. Play in the toilet"

How long did it take you to clone the NAND and then copy to the WiiU? I'm going to get the Zelda bundle and I have about 50 VC games as well!

It shouldn't take that long, the NAND ls just the 512MB of flash memory. :)
    Process is gonna be something like:
    0. Downloading the transfer tool from the Wii Shop.
    1. Download all the Virtual Console games. Obviously some of them will have to go on the SD Card.
    2. Create a backup of the SD Card. (not sure whether it's changed when doing the transfer)
    3. Backup the NAND.
    4. Do the whole transfer thing. Titles will be deleted from the Wii.
    5. Restore the NAND. The NAND backup will have the required licenses for the Virtual Console games on the SD card, and so will be needed for them to work.
    Note: you won't be able to use the Wii Shop on the Wii anymore as the Shop account attached to the console won't match the account tied to all the VC games/old NAND.

If this makes any sense :P
    Basically the 512MB Nand backup = what's tied to the VC licenses and will let them play.

I'll let you know how long the actual transferring takes when i do so :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Banjo wrote: »
    you've got me thinking, why the hell is my WiiU under the Telly? It just makes it awkward for me to reach and prevents me from taking the controller to the toilet. I should move it to somewhere that suits me better!

For all their Unreal 4 engines and Call of Honourfield sequels and Naughty Dog games, I really pity those poor XBone and PS4 acolytes, tied to looking at a single screen in a single position in a single room that doesn't have a toilet in it (unless they're in prison).

Very good point! It stays connected up to 8 metres, right? If i put it halfway between the tv downstairs and the bed upstairs, i should be able to play in bed!

:-D

Was just thinking that with all the praise Rayman Legends is getting, imagine what the same people would be saying if it had a stayed a Wii U exclusive. Probably be along the lines of it being a kiddie game. :)

Got mine today! :D Guess I can finally join this club :cool:
    Now to kill time while this system update downloads...:(

• Advertisement

Yeah. Might be pedantic on the wording, but they did say that the Vita version would contain 'all the original content'... whereas the Invasion levels are most likely the result of the extra dev time they had.

They're adding them in later on with a patch.

Wish WB would think the same with Batman Origins, might make it worth buying on Wii U.

Advertisement