Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What are they cutting from the Wii u version of batman?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What are they cutting from the Wii u version of batman?

Multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Is there a thread for swapping NNID's? My friend list (Martyn2019) looks a tad empty. :P

Is there a thread for swapping NNID's? My friend list (Martyn2019) looks a tad empty. :P

Here you go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Don't know if you're on my list but I'll add you tonight if not. Didn't get Assassins Creed by any chance? I'm about 36% through the story but haven't tried the multiplayer yet

• Advertisement

And I just sent you a friend request there (add people through Miiverse it's easier).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Netflix works so great on this!
    Question: the internet browser locks up EVERY SINGLE TIME when it comes to playing videos that have ads :( does this happen for anyone else?

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Sweet, thanks! Added :)
    smokingman wrote: »
    Don't know if you're on my list but I'll add you tonight if not. Didn't get Assassins Creed by any chance? I'm about 36% through the story but haven't tried the multiplayer yet

Nope just Nintendoland for now!
    Will probably pick that up soon as it's pretty cheapish now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

There really are such a load of cheap games for this, it's hard not to spend the cost of one normal game and end up with three. Batman, FIFA, CoD, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, Tekken, Need for Speed, Ninja Gaiden, Darkstalkers.....loads for under 20 quid online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

mystic86 wrote: »

Pretty nasty reading alright. I love one of the comments underneath though

'Nintendo are in trouble now.....sales in Poland are bad' :pac:

• Advertisement

Panic almost set in last night. Was playing Lego City Undercover when game froze and the Wii U let out a really loud buzzing. Turned off and on and worked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Panic almost set in last night. Was playing Lego City Undercover when game froze and the Wii U let out a really loud buzzing. Turned off and on and worked again.

That's be ringing alarm bells with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's not even a year old yet so even if the shop gave you trouble Nintendo would sort it out.

Can you transfer games yet if something happens to your Wii U?

Still need to do everything through Nintendo if moving systems. Think I only have Super Metroid. Can you copy saves to an SD card?

I know similar thing happened my Wii as well. Seems to be a common thing which happens when playing for prolonged times.

But yeah, think my best bet would be to reach out to Nintendo and see what they say since I got mine from Asda and they've stopped selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Still need to do everything through Nintendo if moving systems. Think I only have Super Metroid. Can you copy saves to an SD card?

I know similar thing happened my Wii as well. Seems to be a common thing which happens when playing for prolonged times.

But yeah, think my best bet would be to reach out to Nintendo and see what they say since I got mine from Asda and they've stopped selling them

The SD card is pretty much there for nothing.
    You can copy saves to USB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Corholio wrote: »
    Pretty nasty reading alright. I love one of the comments underneath though

'Nintendo are in trouble now.....sales in Poland are bad' :pac:

Adavnce, Snes, Ds etc, all fantastic machines but is the game up ????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They're not Sega, they can weather a loss

The problem is that they're Nintendo. They are unlikely to learn from the loss. And if they *do* learn from it then - as evidenced by the details of the new playstation iteration's massive swing towards mediocrity - console gaming will be all the poorer for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Whatever losses nintendo has with the wii u this year is not even going to matter once link to the past 2 and pokemon x and y comes out on top off that 2ds being 130 quid is just going to destroy xmas.

Wii u is in a sticky situation but its nothing nintendo cant fix.

I be eager to see how the wind wake hd bundle does since xbox one is releasing their console few weeks after the ps4 and the wii u bundle comes out.

Nintendo can have a successful christmas in both handheld and console markets this holiday.

The 8 month of preparation they have had with the wii u launch was a given. I remember ps3 never fully kicked off till 3 years after its release and games been delayed, bad ports , games not coming. Was awful.

I can see ps4 and xbox going through similar things the wii u has done.

People easily forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I remember ps3 never fully kicked off till 3 years after its release and games been delayed, bad ports , games not coming. Was awful.

^ This. The PS3 was almost a write off, but came back seriously strongly. I won mine around the time they were bringing out the first revision in a radio competition, and it went largely unplayed aside from God of War 3 for a long long time, while my Wii and 360 got plenty play. Now it's probably around a year since I turned the 360 on at all, the PS3 gets loads of use, as does the Wii U.

Its why i cannot understand why the likes of ubisoft thats one of the best supporters for the wii u that came out and said we will see how nintendo will do at xmas if we continue to support them in 2014 given the fact they supported ps3 that was a pain to progamme for , sold poorly for 3 years straight and rewarded them with exclusives.

Maybe i am missing the bigger picture here

Even bethesda who has issues with nintendo hardware and online structure , they themselves brought elder scrolls to playstation despite the difficulty and lack of online psn was

Anyone remember psn having games like calling all cars on Psn ?

It was damn near laughable

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Its why i cannot understand why the likes of ubisoft thats one of the best supporters for the wii u that came out and said we will see how nintendo will do at xmas if we continue to support them in 2014 given the fact they supported ps3 that was a pain to progamme for , sold poorly for 3 years straight and rewarded them with exclusives.

Maybe i am missing the bigger picture here

Even bethesda who has issues with nintendo hardware and online structure , they themselves brought elder scrolls to playstation despite the difficulty and lack of online psn was

Anyone remember psn having games like calling all cars on Psn ?

It was damn near laughable

Sony spray the money at them is my guess.

Just finished Lego City Undercover.

Glad I didn't have the surprises spoiled for me before going in such as
    Aliens style Power Loader versus mechanical T-Rex on a spaceship
    Mario Stars
    Bullet Bills
    Cheep Cheeps

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I had assumed there was no chance, but one lives in hope...

Any chance we'll see GTA 5 on WiiU? The internet seems to be unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Seriously doubt it.

PS+ games just announced....
    PS3; Far Cry 3, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

Vita; Street Fighter X Tekken & Touch My Katamari

Didn't Giana Sisters just come to the eshop a few weeks back? Was gonna buy it at some stage but as usual, my WiiU will sit for a few more months without being used as its FREE on PS3. Mario seems to be the only WiiU game on my radar right now.

My god, Ninty have a real uphill battle on there hands with Sony giving away so many great games each month for free. Could Nintendo ever do something like this? Paid subscription a year and one or two games free a month? Or would they just lose money hand over fist?

Thank god for the 3DS is all I can say :(

EDIT: Also, I was going to buy SF4 from the eshop on Thursday since it was going to be €20, but now I wont be as I have SFxTekken for free on me Vita.

i would not hold my breathe

If there will be, it'll come with the x1 p4 and pc versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

/\/ollog wrote: »
    If there will be, it'll come with the x1 p4 and pc versions.

So now i have to decide whether to get it for 360 at the weekend, or wait an unknown amount of time for a game that may or may not come out on my console of choice.

I'm getting a bit caught up in the hype, this is a pain in the face.

Wind Waker HD reviews going live and so far they've been perfect or near perfect scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Wind Waker HD reviews going live and so far they've been perfect or near perfect scores.

Near perfect scores is right of a 10 year old game.

This is my GTAV, only problem I have with the HD remake of WW is that it is literally just a face lift of the GC game, absolutely nothing new added that makes it worth the €59 price tag. Should be €39.

Sophie's choice :confused:

Advertisement