Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They have tweaked quite a lot of the game, to help the pacing and allow you to sail more quickly but I agree. If they'd added in a dungeon where the one had been cut previously, then I'd have no problem with this.

They said the dungeon they'd removed has since been used in another Zelda game (or adapted for one), though I think it'd still have been nice to have one added back in there. Just to change it up a little, give us something new to look forward to, somewhat like the Links Awakening DX added dungeon, or the Master Quest for OOT.

But, being the LoZ whore that I am, I've already got the collectors edition pre-ordered. :o Albeit somewhat grudgingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Haha, I'm the same, will still get it and Ninty will learn nothing.

#fanboy

Speaking of WWHD, anyone know the cheapest place to get a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nintendo-gives-consumers-a-chance-to-get-fit-for-free-with-wii-fit-u-2013-09-18

this is in the States. Don't know if we'll get the same here.

Basically a month free of Wii Fit U then can get permanent access by buying a Fit Meter worth $19.99.

Also Wii Sports HD remakes coming with online play. The sports will be sold individually.

And if you don't fancy going for a walk in the rain, get out your Balance Board and walk through Google Street View.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Speaking of WWHD, anyone know the cheapest place to get a copy?

Dunno about the cheapest, but mine HAD to be through the GAME website, so that I could get the Gannondorf statue...
    ganondorf-figure1_bonusLG.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah so looks like that Wii Fit U direct took place in all regions with the Street View update for Balance Board now live

Wii Fit U (sounds very demanding to me)?

Meh, totally not for me, even if its free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That's no statue! That's exactly the kind of flimsy prison you always see him escaping from in a cut-scene about 1/3 into your average Zelda game - be on your guard!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I never finished WW simply because the sailing bored me to absolute tears. Will get WWHD on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Wind Waker is most of the reason I picked up a WiiU recently....yeah i think i'm part of the problem :P

So annoyed because in the US digital copies are released 2 weeks earlier, while we have to wait :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Who's on for a bowling club? Dibs on the Dude! :D

Might be on for tennis as well but notsomuch any of the other wiisports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

CastorTroy wrote: »
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nintendo-gives-consumers-a-chance-to-get-fit-for-free-with-wii-fit-u-2013-09-18

this is in the States. Don't know if we'll get the same here.

Basically a month free of Wii Fit U then can get permanent access by buying a Fit Meter worth $19.99.

Also Wii Sports HD remakes coming with online play. The sports will be sold individually.

And if you don't fancy going for a walk in the rain, get out your Balance Board and walk through Google Street View.

Same stuff for Europe, just replace all the $ signs with euro signs.
    NoE haven't said anything about a timeframe on that buy the pedometer, get the game forever offer.
    I think you have to buy the pedometer before January to get the trial upgraded to the full version in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nice surprise with the upgrading of Wii Sports. I wonder will the games themselves be altered, like more courses in Golf etc. That'd be pretty cool if they did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Corholio wrote: »
    Pretty nasty reading alright. I love one of the comments underneath though

'Nintendo are in trouble now.....sales in Poland are bad' :pac:

Sales in Poland are bad because no one stocks any of the fecking consoles or games there!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Nice surprise with the upgrading of Wii Sports. I wonder will the games themselves be altered, like more courses in Golf etc. That'd be pretty cool if they did.
    Wii Sports Club will feature HD graphics, improved MotionPlus controls, and, most intriguingly, an online versus mode that groups players loosely together into regional "club" teams.

Looks like they'll be updating each game from the original game with the first two available being Tennis and Bowling in early November for what looks like an individual €10 each to purchase or a Day Pass for €2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-18-wii-sports-club-is-wii-sports-mini-games-in-hd-for-wii-u

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I wonder how long we have to wait for Golf, it's a household favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I have a Wii, I have a Gamecube and I have Wind Waker that I can play on both of those.

Why then am I finding it increasingly hard to resist buying a Wii U for it? It's in my Amazon basket already, just waiting to be clicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

I have the Gamecube version of Wind Waker, never managed to complete it (finished about 3/4 of it and then got sidetracked). My memory card wipe it self over the years so................I'll have to buy the WiiU version eventually, just so I can complete it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GozhdE-_J_Q

I can see them using this Club hub to add more sports as they like, like I dunno... basketball or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So aside from Wind Waker, what else is there that's really worth spending money on? Zombie U looks fun, but I didn't like the previous Pikmin games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

So aside from Wind Waker, what else is there that's really worth spending money on? Zombie U looks fun, but I didn't like the previous Pikmin games.

I found Pikmin 3 easier to get into than the other two and will eventually play them both again once I have completed it.

Rayman legends is only £20 on amazon.

Is MH3U easy to get into?

No
    The first hour or so of the game is mindless ****e.

Persevere!

There's a thread on the Games forum with a lot of good advice and video links that are very helpful in explaining how the game works and how you approach it. But basically, this is a very thoughtful and sometimes slow moving game that consists mainly of awesome bossfights that take 15-20 minutes when you're good at them :) The weapons can feel very sluggish when you're not used to the pace of the game - Long Sword and Dual Blades feel the closest to arcadey to me.

But when you take down your first "big" monster, you feel epic. When you start taking that monster on 2 at a time while fighting something even bigger, well you start BEING epic :)

As an example, there's a big feck off dragon in it called the Rathian. The first time I saw one I ran away screaming. And that's what the game wants you to do because when you first meet one you are not equiped either physically or mentally to handle one. But the Physical thing is not an issue once you get the mentality right. You can (and at least one guy on the MH3 thread did) beat one with the starter weapons once you know how to fight one and can clear 20 - 30minutes in your schedule to wear her down. You just hold your nerve, dodge when you're meant to dodge, stay outside / inside of their reach, wait for an opening and then chip away.

If you are impatient, do not buy this game
    If you like to mash buttons, do not buy this game
    If you are not willing to spend a couple of hours being a glorified messenger boy fighting flies and helpless cows then don't buy this game.

If you like circling an ice-skating polar goat for 10 minutes while you learn where the openings are, if you are the kind of guy who shouts "Dribble, you bitch, DRIBBLE!" at the screen triumphantly while waving a giant hammer around, if want to be a god damn mo'fo'ing dragon slayer, and you're willing to put the hours in to learn how to do it right - buy this now.

Is MH3U easy to get into?

It's alright.
    I played with some friends online last night for 5 or 6 hours.
    Took ages to figure out the panel stuff to get the map and my health/stamina on my upad (who needs a tv?!)

I use b a lot, to jump out of the way lol.
    i can't deal with underwater fights though, i always attack too far away and they hit me for 99.999% with their tails or whatever.

Was thinking I would call into Game in Derry when Wind Waker was released and see if I could pick up a collector's edition, but then remembered I'm away that weekend.

So may call in on the Monday and see.

BTW if anyone went for MH3 on both WiiU and 3DS, be aware that when you transfer saves over from one to the other, it transfers all 3 Save Slots. You cannot have 1 hunter on your WiiU, 1 on your 3DS and 1 that you move back and forth, for example.
    The 3DS -> WiiU transfer deletes your save on the 3DS
    The WiiU -> 3DS transfer locks the save on the WiiU - you can still play it but it warns you that it will put it out of synch with the 3DS. I'm not sure if you can save over the locked WiiU save, I didn't bother trying.

If you try to transfer your 3DS save to the WiiU and there's an existing character that's not part of the 3DS group it will fail, asking you to delete the info on the WiiU. I couldn't see a way to do that from the in-Game menu, had to delete it from the system menu, losing the DLC in the process.

Note, the transfer appears to move all DLC with it, so you only need to download it the once on one platform.
    You need to enable the Extended save on the WiiU to ensure there's room for your Streetpass data.

If you're playing on the WiiU controller screen, enable Type 2 Controller profile before you do Anything, otherwise you'll need a TV to get back to the main menu.

I found the graphics on the WiiU to be quite disappointing. Looks like a pretty Wii game with slightly better than normal character models. Still, trapping your first Rathian is it's own reward :)

Was just looking at a couple games on amazon and was wondering why Wii U prices are higher than PS3 and 360? Like Arkham Origins is £7 more, COD Ghosts is £9.99 more and Watch Dogs is 3p more (I know it's not much, but just an example)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, can someone tell me where is the most reliable/up to date release schedule for WiiU games?

Thanks a million.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just looking at a couple games on amazon and was wondering why Wii U prices are higher than PS3 and 360? Like Arkham Origins is £7 more, COD Ghosts is £9.99 more and Watch Dogs is 3p more (I know it's not much, but just an example)

That's the price of being Next Gen! (well, kind of) Bear in mind that by the time most of these games come out the XBone and PS4 will be out or almost out, so there's not going to be the same demand for PS3 and 360 titles, dropping the price is a decent way of increasing the interest.

• Advertisement

With a lack of systems working in work I went onto Amazon and pre-ordered Zelda WWHD + A Link Between Worlds, Sonic Lost Worlds Wii U and Mario 3D World too.

@Ol' Donie - No release dates for Mario 3D World or Zelda Link Between Worlds, anybody got any idea when they will be released?

Sonic is out on the 18th Oct and Zelda WWHD is out 4th Oct, Donkey Kong is out at the end of Nov or start of Dec as far as I know. Mario Kart and SSB are not due to be out until April next year at the EARLIEST.

Advertisement