Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

And the cycle continues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

But, but... http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/35746

Where are all the 3DS reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

But, but... http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/35746

Where are all the 3DS reviews?

That review seems to be the exception, if you check Metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/sonic-lost-world

You will see that most reviews for the game, aren't rating it well at all.

Oh, the 3DS reviews via Metacritic:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/sonic-lost-world

Scores are not any better than the Wii U version

Ah, sucks to be Sega today then! Wont be getting either. I had such high hopes for these two games, it was kinda obvious when there is an embargo on a review until 9am on launch day.

Pity.

May give them a look when they are €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I have learned from experience to not look forward to Sonic games, saves being disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Was reading last night an article stating this sonic game was on a par with mario galaxy 1 and 2 :D it couldn't be so could it?? EXCITED

Jumped in and commented before reading what has been posted about the sonic game :(

Anyone gonna pick it up today?

Jumped in and commented before reading what has been posted about the sonic game :(

Anyone gonna pick it up today?

I would think a lot of people will give it a miss for now with all the bad reviews.

I would think a lot of people will give it a miss for now with all the bad reviews.

Raging to be honest :( was so looking forward to this game :(

Is resi revelations any good? Played the demo but it's too short to judge for me.. Zombi u or resi revelations?

I played the 3DS Revelations and it is AMAZING! Raid Mode is brilliant!!!! I also played Revelations on the PS3, the PS3 is still a great version but to me the best version is the 3DS one, just fits better on the small screen, more clostaphobic.

I played ZombiU, its ok, but a lot of people loved it, so give it a try.

Totes gutted about Sonic today, was looking forward to playing it and really wanted something to play after Zelda this weekend, now I guess I just have to wait for 3D World which is miles away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've played Resi on 3DS and the first 2 minutes of Zombi U, plus the Zombi U Demo (not a great basis for a review, but I don't want to misrepresent my qualifications)

Resi is tense but much more gung-ho. Raid mode is awesome, but barring one bit where you're disarmed it is NOT a survival horror, it's a 3rd person exploration game combined with an assault rifle jRPG (well, I felt like I was levelling my gun up, don't know about you). If the WiiU game is half the game the 3DS game was, then it's half of an excellent game. Mayday! Maaaaaydaaaaay! Raid Mode gives it massive replayability, letting you replay different missions co-operatively with a levelling structure attached, street pass integration so you can find your undead friends and send them on their way, and plenty of loot to gather.

ZombiU in so far as I played it is a different kettle of fish. The opening pre-game sequence, the playable intro, scared me more than the entire of RE:R, which only ever puts you on edge because you're thinking "Do I have the ammo to shoot my way out of this?". It felt much more survival-focussed. Observe but don't get seen. Get seen but don't engage. Engage but be ready to run at a moment's notice. It felt like being in a 70's zombie film. Alas, it doesn't support Off-TV play so I won't get much of a chance to really play it.

You can get the pair of them for the same price as Sonic, by the way :)

Banjo wrote: »
    I've played Resi on 3DS and the first 2 minutes of Zombi U, plus the Zombi U Demo (not a great basis for a review, but I don't want to misrepresent my qualifications)

Resi is tense but much more gung-ho. Raid mode is awesome, but barring one bit where you're disarmed it is NOT a survival horror, it's a 3rd person exploration game combined with an assault rifle jRPG (well, I felt like I was levelling my gun up, don't know about you). If the WiiU game is half the game the 3DS game was, then it's half of an excellent game. Mayday! Maaaaaydaaaaay! Raid Mode gives it massive replayability, letting you replay different missions co-operatively with a levelling structure attached, street pass integration so you can find your undead friends and send them on their way, and plenty of loot to gather.

ZombiU in so far as I played it is a different kettle of fish. The opening pre-game sequence, the playable intro, scared me more than the entire of RE:R, which only ever puts you on edge because you're thinking "Do I have the ammo to shoot my way out of this?". It felt much more survival-focussed. Observe but don't get seen. Get seen but don't engage. Engage but be ready to run at a moment's notice. It felt like being in a 70's zombie film. Alas, it doesn't support Off-TV play so I won't get much of a chance to really play it.

You can get the pair of them for the same price as Sonic, by the way :)
    Sonic is 39.99 in smyths
    Resi is 21 delivered on zavvi.com
    Zombi is get table for about 12 pounds online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I am sorry but I cannot for the life of me understand gamespot review , I am watching the clips and all i am seeing is a guy clearly not knowing how to move right or left when needing to move a direction, jumping too early and not being able to keep his finger off the run button.

Sonic lost world might be a mediocre game still but my god get someone to know how to play a game like a five year old child :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...not being able to keep his finger off the run button.

A Sonic game shouldn't need a run button!!! :(

A Sonic game shouldn't need a run button!!! :(

I don't like sonic going super fast.

I want sonic In 2d sprites and a continuation of side scroller platformer after the events of sonic 3 and knuckles. :(

I am sorry but I cannot for the life of me understand gamespot review , I am watching the clips and all i am seeing is a guy clearly not knowing how to move right or left when needing to move a direction, jumping too early and not being able to keep his finger off the run button.

Sonic lost world might be a mediocre game still but my god get someone to know how to play a game like a five year old child :confused:

That video isn't working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't like sonic going super fast.

I want sonic In 2d sprites and a continuation of side scroller platformer after the events of sonic 3 and knuckles. :(

Join the club man, we've been waiting for two decades nearly :(

I wonder are the reviewers in the same mindset they just want the old classic sonic back and are reluctant to open their eyes to this kind of a 3d sonic game?

I'm very tempted to pay the 40 euro for this to be honest just so I can judge for myself some reviewers are knobs IMO

That video isn't working

working fine for me

working fine for me

Sorry working now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I wonder are the reviewers in the same mindset they just want the old classic sonic back and are reluctant to open their eyes to this kind of a 3d sonic game?

I'm very tempted to pay the 40 euro for this to be honest just so I can judge for myself some reviewers are knobs IMO

Honestly going by my experience of previous 3D games, I'd say probably not. what's most disappointing is they seem to have gone backwards from Colours and Generations.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Honestly going by my experience of previous 3D games, I'd say probably not. what's most disappointing is they seem to have gone backwards from Colours and Generations.

They surely couldn't have gone backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

That bit at 1:30 is the bit i mentioned earlier that I tried in the demo at eurogamer and eventually gave up on cos of the damn wall (and the bit just after) :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What I'd like to know about these reviews is where were all these control problems before now? Are they not allowed to say anything negative until the game is released? You'd think the developers would appreciate the feedback before release instead of criticism that may affect sales upon release

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What I'd like to know about these reviews is where were all these control problems before now? Are they not allowed to say anything negative until the game is released? You'd think the developers would appreciate the feedback before release instead of criticism that may affect sales upon release

Didn't one of us boards lads say we played it at e3?? And no mention of it being a disaster from him

Just looking on eshop and sonic lost world has a rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 from 14 reviews... Wtf is going on with this game?? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess it's just like movies on rottentomatoes. You have the critic reviews then the reviews from the real people. :) Sometimes they more or less match and sometimes they're complete opposites.

I guess it's just like movies on rottentomatoes. You have the critic reviews then the reviews from the real people. :) Sometimes they more or less match and sometimes they're complete opposites.

Oh I dunno I have 39 quid burning a hole think I might pick it up tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I think the controls are just part of the problem tbh :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Dunno what was wrong with the controls from generations. Worked pretty well for me.

Advertisement