Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

hi all just spotted this thread thinking about getting the WIIU for my son for Christmas is it good? he is a big fan of the Mario and Luigi games and obviously no other games platform supports them any feedback would be welcome cheers also he wants the Disney Infinity is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi all just spotted this thread thinking about getting the WIIU for my son for Christmas is it good? he is a big fan of the Mario and Luigi games and obviously no other games platform supports them any feedback would be welcome cheers also he wants the Disney Infinity is it any good?

The wii u is a lovely machine if yiu go into gamestop or smyths they have consoles there that you can try out.

Disney infinity is similar to skylanders and imo is an endless pit for you to throw money into buying that game never stops as you keep buying new characters imo its way too pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The one good thing is that at least each brand of figures has their own game, i.e the Lone Rangers and Cars figures come with a different game than those in the starter playset. It's still very expensive though, but it is a bit better value than Skylanders in terms of what you actually get.

I love my Wii U, it's actually probably been my most played console since the start of summer, with New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends (the best version) and Wind Waker. And of course there's still Mario 3D World to come.

appreciate the feedback folks looks like santa will have to get one. gamestop seem to be the place to go for any deals do they do christmas specials and if they do does anybody know when they start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

appreciate the feedback folks looks like santa will have to get one. gamestop seem to be the place to go for any deals do they do christmas specials and if they do does anybody know when they start?

There is actually supposed to be a bundle coming out with Mario and Luigi games included. Not sure if everywhere is getting it but Smyths have it in their catalogue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just looking on eshop and sonic lost world has a rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 from 14 reviews... Wtf is going on with this game?? Lol

Sonic fans are deluded and will tell themselves that the latest Sonic game is good until they believe it :P

CastorTroy wrote: »
    There is actually supposed to be a bundle coming out with Mario and Luigi games included. Not sure if everywhere is getting it but Smyths have it in their catalogue

just checked their website €299 bargain heading over to reserve one now cheers for that:)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sonic fans are deluded and will tell themselves that the latest Sonic game is good until they believe it :P

Hey i was a sonic fan...

I am deluded?? :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hey i was a sonic fan...

I am deluded?? :(

I've highlighted the part of the sentence that says no :)

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've highlighted the part of the sentence that says no :)

Lol very good :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

10:53 Yeah well....mario can be broken too ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Just looking on eshop and sonic lost world has a rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 from 14 reviews... Wtf is going on with this game?? Lol

People rate the games after their hour is up, they don't think about their rating as a serious illustration of how the game performs and it's worth to people on the eshop thinking of buying the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A game has to be seriously bad to get under 4 stars on the eShop...

This ****ing game , its making it very hard not to be tempted by it

This ****ing game , its making it very hard not to be tempted by it

I cant wait for this and donkey kong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I cant wait for this and donkey kong :D

You're going to have to :(.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    You're going to have to :(.

Was it delayed?

Was it delayed?

ya till February

ya till February

:mad:

• Advertisement

I feel 2014 is when the wii u will really kick off

despite what 3rd party think about the system now when the consumer base grows bigger 3rd party will be on board.

Mario kart,bayonetta 2 , xenoblade 2 , donkey kong, smash brothers its going to be a solid year for nintendo

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/25/edge-says-wii-u-should-steal-your-christmas/

interesting article by edge that says the wii u should be on everyone xmas list thats a gamer.

I agree now its the perfect time to be a wii u owner because 2014 the wii u is gong to be like a storm :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

No way richy. I wanna play a slightly better looking version of a broken and average FIFA and marginally better looking version of Current Gen games along with new games from an underwhelming series.
    Only kidding, got to play the WiiU in Smyths yesterday, it was only NSMB but I enjoyed it.

Tbh I am not even excited for the Ps4 , its a first for me not to be excited for a playstation platform. Infamous is about the only title i am excited for from them but ill know i will make the jump when metal gear solid 5 is out.

I am more excited for Dark souls 2 , xenoblade 2 , smash brothers, bayonetta 2, Mario kart 8 , Shin megami tensei 4

Nintendo has me by the balls and just keep raping my wallet :L.

It has been rough I am not going to lie but I am glad to have survived the dessert and now greatness awaits :D

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/26/eurogamer-says-the-wii-u-is-the-best-choice-this-christmas/

Eurogamer have now joined Edge that Wiiu is the best choice for people for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/25/edge-says-wii-u-should-steal-your-christmas/

interesting article by edge that says the wii u should be on everyone xmas list thats a gamer.

I agree now its the perfect time to be a wii u owner because 2014 the wii u is gong to be like a storm :L

So why not just buy one in 2014?

I still got Wii U on my list to buy stuff, but its it a bit... stupid to buy hardware now and wait for 6-12 month to play stuff on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tbh I am not even excited for the Ps4 , its a first for me not to be excited for a playstation platform. Infamous is about the only title i am excited for from them but ill know i will make the jump when metal gear solid 5 is out.

I am more excited for Dark souls 2 , xenoblade 2 , smash brothers, bayonetta 2, Mario kart 8 , Shin megami tensei 4

Nintendo has me by the balls and just keep raping my wallet :L.

It has been rough I am not going to lie but I am glad to have survived the dessert and now greatness awaits :D

The last few years have done more to downplay next gen for me than the good but familiar launch titles.
    I'll keep my 3DS and add a few titles to it come the winter.

I still got Wii U on my list to buy stuff, but its it a bit... stupid to buy hardware now and wait for 6-12 month to play stuff on it.

well it depends on what you like.

Nintendo has released few great titles in the past few months with pikmin 3, wonderful 101, monster hunter, Wind waker, mario 3d world its flag ship title coming christmas. then donkey kong tropical freeze is out February I think and smash brothers is rumoured for summer release and I can almost garuntee mario kart 8 wont be far off.

That is well more than enough for families and gamerstop pick up a wii u

Ive yet have the money as of late to pick up any of the wii u games due to me buying a new pc but I be spolied for games with 3ds,wii u and ps3 :L

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Don't forget Rayman, AC IV, COD: Ghosts, Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics 14, The Sims and also F2P game Ghost Recon Online is coming too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You have to have a minimum of 6 months of your mates laughing at your console choice for the "told you so" to fully ripen

Advertisement