Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

The Pro Controller won't work with Wii Virtual Console games, only Wii U ones.

Are you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, fairly sure. Putting the Wii U into virtual Wii mode disables all Wii U functionality, and as the Pro Controller doesn't work with the Wii, it won't work in Wii mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Yeah, fairly sure. Putting the Wii U into virtual Wii mode disables all Wii U functionality, and as the Pro Controller doesn't work with the Wii, it won't work in Wii mode.

Of course, I hadn't considered that.

It wouldn't really be worth buying Wii VC games at any rate, presumeably they won't display via HDMI or composite connections and will require a SCART connection alá the Wii and I for one just couldn't be doing with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Do VC titles released on the WiiU (eg Super Metroid or Mario World, that can be played on the Controller screen etc) support pro controller?

I'm not entirely sure Banjo, I'd imagine so. It'd be worth checking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oops! ign accidentally posted their Mario 3D World video review but took it back down.

Someone downloaded it before it was taken down and posted it on vimeo.
    http://vimeo.com/79442916

The video does include parts not seen before and a few kind of spoilers

But the score they gave it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Valentine1 wrote: »
    Are you sure about that?
    100% sure.
    Banjo wrote: »
    Do VC titles released on the WiiU (eg Super Metroid or Mario World, that can be played on the Controller screen etc) support pro controller?

Check the eShop if you can, if not nintendo.co.uk the answer is mainly yes.
    For the Wii U "enhanced" ones.

Wii in gamepad mode only supports the controllers it originally did, so check the Wii Shop channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Oops! ign accidentally posted their Mario 3D World video review but took it back down.

Link not working for me. Must have taken it down already.

Yeah apparently they were asked to take it down by ign. I'm sure it may pop up again. Think I read Tuesday is the embargo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Any VC titles on the Wii U eshop work on the pad screenm, ie they've already been updated to do so.

• Advertisement

Started Wind Waker yesterday. Though first I found a way to keep myself entertained for a couple of minutes on the Mii plaza. I found when the plaza is on the controller, L and R rotates the icons and so all the miis follow them. So pressing rapidly makes the Miis run around the place. It's the small things. :D

As for WindWaker. Taking time getting used to the camera as I can't invert it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CastorTroy wrote: »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5rJLhvNOn2jLUVWMVJpVk1ua2s/edit?usp=sharing

I have hosted it on drive will leave up for a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sparks43 wrote: »
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5rJLhvNOn2jLUVWMVJpVk1ua2s/edit?usp=sharing

I have hosted it on drive will leave up for a few days

Looks fantastic, wishing I had a Wii u even more now.

Looks fantastic, wishing I had a Wii u even more now.

yeah thanks for putting the link up Sparks and I agree with Dozen, I really want the Wii U more now than ever.

I had it in my head to get for xmas but now kinda think they'll probably do a price drop early next year or at least have other bundles maybe with Mario 3D world so I'm torn.

I was all for getting it pre xmas last week until I looked at my backlog for the 360. Its worryingly large and lets not forget paid for so should I just play them until a price cut?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

guys, thinking of picking up a second hand Wii U with a few games, is there anything I should be checking before I part with the readies? Also it comes with a load of wii and wii u vc games on it. Are these tied to the machine or an account? Will I be able to create my own account on it and buy more of these or would I lose them like with an xbox profile? I never bothered downloading any games on the Wii and havent got around to it yet on my new 3ds. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

With Mario 3D world reviews being nothing short of excellent, maybe it's time I preordered it!!! Anyone know what the retail price is over here?

10/10 on Eurogamer! I'm itching to get it!!! (Plus those cat suits are just damn adorable!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I have to wait till Christmas for this (and Zelda Link Between Worlds, they're both Christmas presents):(. It's going to be a long month.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I have to wait till Christmas for this (and Zelda Link Between Worlds, they're both Christmas presents):(. It's going to be a long month.

I'm in the same boat. Booo!

Jesus, what am i gonna play first?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

wtlltw wrote: »
    With Mario 3D world reviews being nothing short of excellent, maybe it's time I preordered it!!! Anyone know what the retail price is over here?

In my searches:

Gamestop - €300 for a Wind Waker Premium bundle (just bought an hour ago meself :D ), around €315 for a Premium console (no bundled games) with any new game including the likes of AC4 and possibly Mario 3D World, not 100% on whats offered.

Smyths - €300 for either a Wind Waker, New Super Mario U or Lego City Premium bundle, €250 for a standalone Premium console with Nintendoland.

Argos - €328 for a NintendoLand Premium bundle and Lego Marvel thrown in (special deal till mid January), Lego City and NSMBu (includes Mario Bros and the Luigi Bros) for €330

HMV - not a clue, but I think its stupidly high compared to the 3 above.

Hope this helps, and dont make the same mistake I did, Premium bundle comes with a sensor bar so dont buy one 5 minutes before like I did :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    In my searches:

Gamestop - €300 for a Wind Waker Premium bundle (just bought an hour ago meself :D ), around €315 for a Premium console (no bundled games) with any new game including the likes of AC4 and possibly Mario 3D World, not 100% on whats offered.

Smyths - €300 for either a Wind Waker, New Super Mario U or Lego City Premium bundle, €250 for a standalone Premium console with Nintendoland.

Argos - €328 for a NintendoLand Premium bundle and Lego Marvel thrown in (special deal till mid January), Lego City and NSMBu (includes Mario Bros and the Luigi Bros) for €330

HMV - not a clue, but I think its stupidly high compared to the 3 above.

Hope this helps, and dont make the same mistake I did, Premium bundle comes with a sensor bar so dont buy one 5 minutes before like I did :rolleyes:
    i picked up the premium pack with new super mario u and luigi u for €300 in smyths they seem to have the best deals

£219/€260 on amazon for mario/luigi premium on amazon.co.uk

sweetie wrote: »
    £219/€260 on amazon for mario/luigi premium on amazon.co.uk

Is that with P&P?

plus linky please as I have searched on Amazon but the only bundle I see is for £239 sterling pre p&p.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Super-Mario-Luigi-Premium/dp/B00FS23T26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385027283&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u

thanks

Is that with P&P?

plus linky please as I have searched on Amazon but the only bundle I see is for £239 sterling pre p&p.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Super-Mario-Luigi-Premium/dp/B00FS23T26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385027283&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u

thanks

price changed yesterday! had been like that for a few days.

sweetie wrote: »
    price changed yesterday! had been like that for a few days.

I'm sooooo close to buying a wii u but kinda still holding out on bundles and price changes.

Also still torn as to whether I want the wind waker set just for the cool controller art. :D

First world problems I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There's a Lego City Premium pack (ie Download code for that game) with Rayman Legends on Amazon - £249 I think compared to WW @ £239. Having played Mario U and Rayman, I'd take Rayman every time - it's got more of the invention and flair that you associate with the oldschool mario games. And Lego City Undercover is like GTA used to be before it disappeared up it's own hole in IV - wall to wall jokes, movie references and destructive mayhem. And you can still pick up a physical copy of WindWaker, assuming you're made of money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is it worth picking up that Lego game (if i see it cheap somewhere)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It seems good, even in the trailers I saw a few Dirty Harry refrences and other such jokes (Im assuming theres one cop who is due to retire 2 days before he is killed). Saw it 2nd hand in Cex Liffey St for €27 I think, cant really beat that price for a good game not even half a year old.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is it worth picking up that Lego game (if i see it cheap somewhere)?

Only get it if you like fun and have a sense of humour. :D

I really enjoyed it. Some nice nintendo references in it as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I enjoyed the Lego City Undercover game. It could've been better and the loading times are a pain but the game was fun. I do prefer the Lego Marvel game.

Advertisement