Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So, buy WiiU 3 days ago....and then Ninty releases a UK only bundle with Mario 3D World, NSMBu + Luigi, the Mario Wiimote+ and a Mario cap....

Low blow Nintendo, low blow

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wow, that's a great bundle.

Unlucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    So, buy WiiU 3 days ago....and then Ninty releases a UK only bundle with Mario 3D World, NSMBu + Luigi, the Mario Wiimote+ and a Mario cap....

is this amazon one not better value? Lego city undercover AND Rayman legends for £239.99? :eek:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FS23T26/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0HFP940BM7TQDQQDQRZK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=430153987&pf_rd_i=468294

or is that a mistake in the picture showing Lego City?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think its a mixup, I think its meant to be the standard Premium pack and a copy of Rayman. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Going by the Product Description it seems Lego City is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sick for ya. Its why ive held out though to this point. I want it for Xmas but ya never know what theyll try and bundle to get a few more pre Xmas sales.

that's a terrific bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Does anyone know if the Wii U bundle with NSMBWii U and Luigi U comes with a physical copy of the games or digital download codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

Does anyone know if the Wii U bundle with NSMBWii U and Luigi U comes with a physical copy of the games or digital download codes?

Physical! (One disc.)

Lads, the youtube app is a bit of a pain in the face.

I can't seem to watch it on the gamepad. Can i at least listen to it on the gamepad? With headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Ol' Donie wrote: »

I can't seem to watch it on the gamepad. Can i at least listen to it on the gamepad? With headphones?

The browser is the way to go for youtube, instead of that piece of **** app! :)
    You can watch videos on either screen, or both, or on the TV while continuing to browse on the gamepad.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, thanks.

It's been wreckin my head (not as much as the fact that i never thought of this, mind you!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Brilliant, thanks.

It's been wreckin my head (not as much as the fact that i never thought of this, mind you!).

There was a problem with some videos not playing with the browser a few months back. Pretty sure it's been sorted with an update since, but if you get a message saying a video is not available the work around is:
    1. Go to settings.
    2. Change User Agent to Internet Explorer Touch.
    3. Try the video again.

:)
    Pretty good at streaming stuff to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

The browser is the way to go for youtube, instead of that piece of **** app! :)
    You can watch videos on either screen, or both, or on the TV while continuing to browse on the gamepad.
    Brilliant, thanks.

In December the youtube app is supposed to be getting an update, it'll let you watch stuff on the gamepad then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

wouldn't mind getting this but have no use for the wiimote as I already have two. Wonder would it be selleable as a collecteable to fund a pro controller?

Does that site deliver to Ireland does anyone know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kevinbad2010

Does that site deliver to Ireland does anyone know?

Thanks

I will found out in about 1 or 2 weeks since I ordered a 2ds and it's dispatched already

I will found out in about 1 or 2 weeks since I ordered a 2ds and it's dispatched already

Let me know.

I wouldn't mind treating myself to that Mario bundle for Xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kevinbad2010

Let me know.

I wouldn't mind treating myself to that Mario bundle for Xmas :D

Sure can't wait to get my 2ds :D just hope it comes with no problems

in 2 or 1 week :D then you can order you're Mario bundle if my one works

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nintendo put this short video of Wii Sports Club Golf up on their instagram. Looks like they will be using the Gamepad on the ground mechanism shown in the very first Wii U trailers.

http://instagram.com/p/hfBIBGMY5K

I'm really hoping for extra courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oh god... I hope they come out with a raised perspex platform that goes over the WiiU Controller and can support about 97KG of weight....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You do know that you're not meant to stand with the golf ball between your feet... right?

That kinda thing can affect your swing...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

My flow is as follows :

Eyeball the ball.
    Eyeball the pin.
    Check windspeed and direction.
    Swing
    Left leg is now slightly raised (I'm doing a proper follow-through swing like off of the telly, dontcha know) as I watch the ball arc towards the pin, then slice left and into the trees.
    I stamp that raised left leg on the ground in frustration.
    Luckily, the heavy duty WiiUidiotStopStampingOnYourController cover protects the fragile screen from my foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ok I didn't know what to expect there but that looks like a disaster in waiting to me.

One drunken or just clumsy person for that matter could very easily stand on the wiipad thing.

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So who has played and finished W101 and Pikmin 3?

I have both on my shelf at the moment and want to start one at least this weekend, never really played the other Pikmin games before and I have heard it is best to start W101 on easy to get used to the controls.

What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Personally, I'd go for Pikmin 3. You don't have to have played the others to get it, it guides you and builds everything up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Yeah I'd agree with Damo, I'd definitely go for Pikmin. W101 is a great game but I loved Pikmin and had a smile on my face playing it the whole time.

Also, despite apparent similarities, they're really very different games. W101 is much more like Bayonetta or DMC in terms of gameplay, but with a shallower combat system and the twist of controllig multiple characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Is 3d world any good? And can it be played in wii u gamepad only?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is 3d world any good? And can it be played in wii u gamepad only?

Yes and Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yes and Yes

Is there huge replay value in the game? Was disappointed in nsmbu tbh too easy and replay factor isnt that huge unless you go back after a few months.. that might seem ott but mario bros 3 i played solid for couple of years it was that good

Advertisement