Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is there huge replay value in the game? Was disappointed in nsmbu tbh too easy and replay factor isnt that huge unless you go back after a few months.. that might seem ott but mario bros 3 i played solid for couple of years it was that good

I see this arguement a lot online about games.

Dont get me wrong I'm all about value for money and I love a game I spend a lot of time with some of them but its not necessarily the same for every game.

I've spent the majority of my time of late playing Vita games so I'll use those as examples.

Uncharted, very little replay value, probably about what 7/8 hours playthrough.

Gravity Rush, collecting replay value I suppose wouldnt be my thing, but a good 10hours I'd say game play. I took my time. Loved it!

LBP, about 5-7 hours, again collecting replay value and little else.

Where as on 360 I've played Halo 4 on and off since launch what over a year ago. I'm glad I cant see the amount of time I've spent on it. :D As for Halo 3. Goodnight!

So am I angry at the time spent on each of the shorter Vita games? No. Absolutely not. Loved Gravity Rush and LBP in particular. Delighted I was fortunate enought to play them.

I havent played Tearaway yet but again its meant to be less than 7 hours gameplay. But .. fantastic game while it lasts! .. on my xmas list!

I suppose my point is that if a run through lasts what 5-10 hours surely its enought to warrant a €40 price tag if bought online.

I've spent waaaay more on nights out in an hour or two drinking.

Say you only get 4 hours play from a title. Thats a tenner an hour.
    Say you get 8 hours play. Thats a fiver an hour.

Either or really arent bad value for entertainment in my eyes.

And lastly... . ITS MARIO!!! You know you want it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Dont get me wrong I'm all about value for money and I love a game I spend a lot of time with some of them but its not necessarily the same for every game.

I've spent the majority of my time of late playing Vita games so I'll use those as examples.

Gravity Rush, collecting replay value I suppose wouldnt be my thing, but a good 10hours I'd say game play. I took my time. Loved it!

Where as on 360 I've played Halo 4 on and off since launch what over a year ago. I'm glad I cant see the amount of time I've spent on it. :D As for Halo 3. Goodnight!

So am I angry at the time spent on each of the shorter Vita games? No. Absolutely not. Loved Gravity Rush and LBP in particular. Delighted I was fortunate enought to play them.

I havent played Tearaway yet but again its meant to be less than 7 hours gameplay. But .. fantastic game while it lasts! .. on my xmas list!

I suppose my point is that if a run through lasts what 5-10 hours surely its enought to warrant a €40 price tag if bought online.

Was stuck for a few bob and sold my wii u... trying to justify buying another... is 3d land enough of a reason to splurge? In saying that i have my xbox one now but i so miss my mario and zelda fix.....

Can anyone see further price drops? Prices on adverts for a used console are ridiculous tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Can anyone see further price drops? Prices on adverts for a used console are ridiculous tbh...

I have resigned myself to waiting for one of two outcomes before buying a Wii U...

1) A further price drop to the €250 mark, probably won't happen for 12 months at least.

2) The Wii U does a Dreamcast, production ceases and clearance sales take place as its presence on store shelves is wound up. Consoles and Games go for a song.

As unlikely as it is that the Wii U will be abandoned by Nintendo part of me thinks it could still happen. If it does I'll be there to snap one up no matter what.:P:P:P

Valentine1 wrote: »
    I have resigned myself to waiting for one of two outcomes before buying a Wii U...

1) A further price drop to the €250 mark, probably won't happen for 12 months at least.

2) The Wii U does a Dreamcast, production ceases and clearance sales take place as its presence on store shelves is wound up. Consoles and Games go for a song.

As unlikely as it is that the Wii U will be abandoned by Nintendo part of me thinks it could still happen. If it does I'll be there to snap one up no matter what.:P:P:P
    Sure you can get a console and games online or insrore for 270

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

eh, I bought one last week for about €225 on amazon with three games. Spent about €75 since on 4 others and plan to get Super mario world 3d so all new console and 8 games for less than €350. Even smyths were selling it with nintendoland for €250, might even be still some available.

Sure you can get a console and games online or insrore for 270
    sweetie wrote: »
    eh, I bought one last week for about €225 on amazon with three games. Spent about €75 since on 4 others and plan to get Super mario world 3d so all new console and 8 games for less than €350. Even smyths were selling it with nintendoland for €250, might even be still some available.

To the Internets store!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Those Amazon deals were in the Black Friday week of Lightning deals, so don't expect to see them again this side of the January sales...

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-Console--Black-Premium-Pack--Nintendoland-!125012-prd.aspx

abbir wrote: »

I'm obviously not great at the online shopping am I?:(

Will have to look into some of these deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kevinbad2010

Let me know.

I wouldn't mind treating myself to that Mario bundle for Xmas :D

Okay guess what I just missed my post will be getting it on monday

but anyways they do deliver to ireland I even emailed them and they said
    Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear that your disappointment that you are unable to purchase from our online store.

Currently, we have nothing to announce in relation to other European markets including Ireland being able to order from our website. We felt that this was the right time to launch a service such as this in the UK.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.

We would recommend checking our website again at a later date for any further announcements.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Which is a big lie but all I do was

Click on United Kingdom as a country in options then as the post code as D1 it will say can't found it just leave it like that

then enter you're address they will most likely sent it with royal mail which royal mail will either send to an post or something else (don't remember name)

they said it would come on 4th/12/13 but it didn't it only taken two day extra would is weird but anyways can't wait for monday to be playing my 2ds with pokemon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

Was stuck for a few bob and sold my wii u... trying to justify buying another... is 3d land enough of a reason to splurge? In saying that i have my xbox one now but i so miss my mario and zelda fix.....
    You don't have a 3DS? :pac:

I wouldn't buy any console for 1 game alone, if you like Nintendo games, and can afford the console and the games, the Wii U is great value.
    I'd be asking if the long list of upcoming Wii U games, and year of pretty damn great games already out made the console worth the price they're asking.
    If you asked that I'd answer yes. Just be patient and wait for the zeldou, the smash4, the kart8, the watch dogs that everyone will buy on the other consoles despite it possibly being the first proper wii u port so far.
    Doubt it. There's a £300 bundle I saw on hukd that has nsmbu, luigiu, 3dworld, mario wiimote, and a hat. I didn't bother add up if that's a good deal or not, but all that mario :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

unless you are me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Considering you can get the 32 GB model with a game for an extra 30, you'd be better off not getting the basic one.

www.toys.ie/Wii-U-Consoles-!WSCAT1020-subcat.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Considering you can get the 32 GB model with a game for an extra 30, you'd be better off not getting the basic one.

www.toys.ie/Wii-U-Consoles-!WSCAT1020-subcat.aspx

I only posted that one because he said he was waiting for the price to drop to €250. Anyway, the one I posted includes a game, Nintendoland. Nintendoland isn't also included in the other bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I only posted that one because he said he was waiting for the price to drop to €250. Anyway, the one I posted includes a game, Nintendoland. Nintendoland isn't also included in the other bundles.

Agreed. The same pack is also available on Argos for the same price, with another three free games of variable quality.

(NBA 2k13, Rabbids Land, Sports Connection and Nintendoland)
    or
    (Nintendoland and Lego Marvel)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9128842.htm

Still burning over missing the Amazon deal and debating whether to pull the trigger here. Deal needs more Mario or Zelda though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Well, I got around to starting Pikmin 3 at the weekend, and I love it! Its so pretty and I'm terrible at it but I just cant stop playing it! I'm on Day 28 and its taking me ages to get the fruit and I am losing a LOT of pikmin but its so addictive! GotY for me so far :-)

You know with the DLC that is available on the eshop, is that stuff worth it? Should I get it now or leave it till I am finished the game? Will the price go up cause it seems pretty cheap.

SM3DW is still sitting on the shelf lol

just collected my wii u from an post.

pics later. Work first doh!!

mine arrived yesterday in work. Setup last night but it was late so didnt get to play anything. I like the feel of the controller and the machine itself fits nicely beside my all black ps3, xbox, horizon box and av receiver :) I got it connected to the internet but it wouldn't update, kept giving an error so i'll have to investigate further tonight.

mine arrived yesterday in work. Setup last night but it was late so didnt get to play anything. I like the feel of the controller and the machine itself fits nicely beside my all black ps3, xbox, horizon box and av receiver :) I got it connected to the internet but it wouldn't update, kept giving an error so i'll have to investigate further tonight.

I dont know about yours but I wasnt overly impressed by the packaging.
    A bit of brown paper to one side and on top ot the console itself.
    Could easily have been thrown about with little protection.
    Anyway, fingers crossed all is fine.

I have to do some tidying tonight before setting it up under my telly due to having a PS2, N64, Xbox 360 and the upc box etc underneath as it is. Plus I have to sort the mess that is the cable situation. Need to get cable wraps etc today. Want it to be nice and tidy for the arrival of my first Nintendo machine in quite some time.

Hopefully the update will work ok for you tonight and me!

I've held the controller once in Smyths but it was attached to the thing so looking forward to holding it for real this evening.

Now the question is have I got the patience to wrap it back up once I've tested it.

The original idea was to take it home tonight test it to make sure it works, do the update as I heard it takes an hour odd and then wrap it up for xmas.
    I dont know if I'll be able to disconnect it once its connected!! :o

• Advertisement

Just preordered Donkey Kong from hdwow for €35.

Seems to be a decent price in fairness and I doubt it'll be anywhere near that in the shops next year.

Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart will be my 3 day one purchases next year.

And if a new Zelda game comes that'll be the cherry on top although I'd say thats more likely to be 2015 by the sounds of things.. Boooo urns. :(

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

If i get one of these controllers - http://www.toys.ie/Luigi-Wii-Remote-Plus-!133222-prd.aspx

Is that all I would need to play Super Mario galaxy 1+2 on the wii u?

Thanks

Pics as promised...

Bloody things still uploading.

Amazon refunded the postage.

While I was on to them I mentioned the description had Nintendo and batman included so he said he send them out. Made me buy them while he was on the line and cleared the cost.

So delighted console and 4 games for £199 sterling. Nice.

3DEEF8DE-FAD4-4623-908D-575295C0DB3A.jpg

52116753-CCB4-4E51-A483-DD48435F05EB.jpg

F81F516F-D461-4A91-9C4F-3E3B6A189BF1.jpg

DF79C6C5-21AD-4546-918D-B3FDD21EBD8F.jpg

AF09185D-E9C7-4130-8459-F270F8BDBA8D.jpg

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

If i get one of these controllers - http://www.toys.ie/Luigi-Wii-Remote-Plus-!133222-prd.aspx

Is that all I would need to play Super Mario galaxy 1+2 on the wii u?

Thanks

dunno but this looks like better value:

dunno but this looks like better value:

Very true.

Just need to know now is one of those controllers all i need for Mario Galaxy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

You need a nunchuck too, i'm afraid.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    You need a nunchuck too, i'm afraid.

:(

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Don't let that stop you, they are two of the best games ever!

Very true.

Just need to know now is one of those controllers all i need for Mario Galaxy :P

31.99 on amazon

• Advertisement

For anyone looking to get motion plus wiimote and nunchuck, I used www.dx.com to get one for 20dollars. I haven't got a link handy but I ordered 3 more of them after testing it last night and it worked fine. There's a few of them on there but the one I got was a staff pick and cost under 20dollars for both remote and nunchuck. Great value and works from what I can see.

edit - link... http://dx.com/p/remote-with-motionplus-silicone-sleeve-nunchuck-controller-set-for-wii-blue-2-x-aa-70788

btw I've never used a proper motion plus one so I cant comment on the difference. The plastic seems a bit cheap to me but it works perfectly for me anyway. No problem snyc'ing it etc like a few of the reviews mentioned. Battery life as I said I didnt have a Nintendo one so I dont know the difference. I'll probably buy a recharging set on dx.com though cause they're fairly cheap from what I can see. Its a pain looking for AA batterys the whole time. Between the 360 pad and now this.

On a side note played Rayman legends with the wife, yes the wife! last night. She loves it. Can't believe I'm playing co op video games with her. Thank you Nintendo for Wii U and thank you ubisoft for making such an excellent game.

Overall having a great time with console so far. So much for putting it under the tree again for Xmas day. And when I mentioned to the wife that I could put mario 3d world under the tree when it comes she said don't be silly. I think wii u may have awoken a gamer in her!! Lol

Advertisement