Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

^I disagree.
    Button mashing works fine. For dual-blades at least.
    People often say that when they're into MH, because they feel it belittles their game.

If the game didn't have online, I'd have become quickly bored of it. Have just under 200 hours in it now though.
    I can see the content in single-player though, it'll probably be around 90 hours to do the village 100%, took me about 30 to do the first part, just guestimating here though.
    I'm not much of a grind-fan, if that's your thing you'll love it. If you're not into grinding, online is a great place to do grinding, but in a really fun way, and most players are nice enough to help out should you need anything.

I used a lot of though's in this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Actually yeah, dual blades is a very friendly place to start. Problem is, they are very fast and not too shabby at damage dealing as long as you don't mind going in close - rather than a ramping difficulty level you cruise happily until sharpness becomes important and then you hit a brick wall. Better to start on long sword or switch axe and adjust to the game's tempo early

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Anyone else find that you track your gaming progress / hours using the Wii U more than you would have done say on a 360 or ps3 because of the tracking app thing on the homepage. I actually really like it cause you can tell how many hours you've put into a game.

I've been playing rayman legends on average about an hour or so each night.

So far put in 6 or so hours into it which is great for me. A good 70% of that would be me playing it solo on the gamepad.

Thats probably 6 hours I wouldnt have gotten to play my 360 say due to the missus watching telly.

I can see myself getting great use out of the Wii U in the coming years due to the gamepad alone.

Dont get me wrong far nice playing on the telly but these are hours I wouldnt have gotten to play only for the gamepad.

I'd say I have half a dozen 360 games that I bought and never even played due to telly time. I have a decent backlog of games i'll probably never even get to play.

I wish you could play Lego City on the gamepad. Its a shame that every game cant be played on it. I understand the secondary functionality etc but you should be able to choose imo. Still cool for games that can use it though.

Yeah, Lego and ZombiU gather dust because there's no off-TV play. I've had mine since maybe March, I've played Wii U on the Telly for a max of about 90-100 minutes total since then. Damn you, Australian Masterchef!

Oh hey, you just got your Wii U - you need to tell us. Have you done it yet?

You know what I'm talking about...

The Toilet Test!

Can you make it to your toilet without losing connection between the gamepad and the Wii U? This is the most important part of your setup procesS!

Banjo wrote: »
    Yeah, Lego and ZombiU gather dust because there's no off-TV play. I've had mine since maybe March, I've played Wii U on the Telly for a max of about 90-100 minutes total since then. Damn you, Australian Masterchef!

Oh hey, you just got your Wii U - you need to tell us. Have you done it yet?

You know what I'm talking about...

The Toilet Test!

Can you make it to your toilet without losing connection between the gamepad and the Wii U? This is the most important part of your setup procesS!

I havent done it tbh. My device of choice for Toilet Time is my Ipod touch. I've watched quite a few youtube clips on the bog thanks to that device. Game reviews in particular from classic game room, my personal favourite reviewers. Although the feck'in adverts are really starting to bug the hell out of me on youtube.

I have a vita as well which I choose not to use on the bog as I'm terrified I'll drop it like I have done with my Ipod touch on more than one occassion. Thankfully not into the toilet though before someone says it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Do nintendo still support mario kart wii and fifa 14 online? Was going to pick them up on the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

nuxxx wrote: »
    Do nintendo still support mario kart wii and fifa 14 online? Was going to pick them up on the cheap

I played MKWii through the WiiU a few weeks back. Not sure about FIFA14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

druss wrote: »
    I "have" a Wii U. Unfortunately for me, it is still residing in an Amazon warehouse.

Package ordered on 12 December at 9:00 in the morning. Current status, still preparing for dispatch.

I really hoped i'd have it for this weekend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Nintendo Direct today at 2pm :-) WiiU & 3DS stuff.

druss wrote: »
    Package ordered on 12 December at 9:00 in the morning. Current status, still preparing for dispatch.

I really hoped i'd have it for this weekend. :(

I feel for ya man. Not nice. Hopefully fingers crossed it'll arrive before the weekend. :cool:

I'm still waiting on Mario 3D World for weeks now at this stage. Thankfully I have the console and other games to play.

Got further stuck into Lego City Undercover last night. Its a weird game cause it has faults but you still keep playing it.

I already mentioned the likes of the framerate and loading. Also now finding the camera annoying but all that said I still keep playing it. Its a weird one. You kind of play it without realising your playing it. It just kind of happens. And even though its essentially a sandbox game like GTA I havent really found myself wandering like I would in GTA, well other than getting distracted by collecting lego bits, damn OCD. Theres a great youtube clip online where it shows a guy trying to start the story mode but keeps getting distracted by collecting the lego bits instead. :P

found it. I thought it was funny anyway... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnMEQXqgwWQ

Instead I'm just going through the story which is quite funny at times. Loved the prison part paying homage to The Shawshank Redemption. It would go over so many kids heads but made me actually laugh out loud last night. The missus must have thought I'd lost it. :o

Anyway back to your original post Druss I have my fingers crossed for you. Youre in for a treat when it does arrive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

Got the Wii U last week for my daughters xmas present. I had heard there was a massive software update so took it out last night to update it and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised with the whole console setup. The console itself looks and feels well made the controller is amazing aswell. I'm sure the little one will love it, absolute mario nut so i have Mario U and Mario 3D World for her.

The WiiU Donkey Kong title looks very good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I notice from the DK videos shown so far that they always seem to be DK paired with a partner rather than random pairings like Dixie and Diddy. Wonder if this will be how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Anyway back to your original post Druss I have my fingers crossed for you. Youre in for a treat when it does arrive!

Positive thoughts obviously worked! Despite Amazon still saying that the parcel is being prepared for dispatch (and I still appear to have the ability to cancel it!) I have a separate email from a courier saying that it's in Ireland.

And the tracking number bears that out. Feeling good for tomorrow/friday now. To buy Zelda in town as well, or wait for sales.:confused:

Suppose I have enough to be working with for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

picked up fifa 13 for wii tonight and can't play an online match at all. Keeps saying opponent found everytime I search and then "Connection to your opponent was lost. Please start searching again."

Anyone know a solution or is the game just broken? So frustrating

nuxxx wrote: »
    picked up fifa 13 for wii tonight and can't play an online match at all. Keeps saying opponent found everytime I search and then "Connection to your opponent was lost. Please start searching again."

Anyone know a solution or is the game just broken? So frustrating

Don't have the game so can't say for definite but EA are notorious for shutting down servers that run their old games when they release the new game (fifa 14).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

My girlfriend and I exchanged presents today (she's going to her parents for xmas so we had a mini xmas this morning).

This is what I opened...........:eek:

photo_zpsb71611c5.jpg

Hello Nintendo forum. I have arrived.......yes, I'm 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

shuffles03 wrote: »
    My girlfriend and I exchanged presents today (she's going to her parents for xmas so we had a mini xmas this morning).

photo_zpsb71611c5.jpg

Ha, that's exactly what I bought myself for Christmas...and then went out the next day and bought more games!!

Already have my eyes on Zombi U, Pikmin and Lego City Undercover :D It's going to be a goodin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Pikmin 3 is amazing!!!! So good I went out and bought Pikmin 1&2 for the Wii last week.

• Advertisement

photo_zpsb71611c5.jpg

Your girlfriend did good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Already have my eyes on Zombi U, Pikmin and Lego City Undercover :D It's going to be a goodin!

I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Assassin's Creed 3, Call of Duty 2, Zombi U and Resident Evil 4 for the Wii (Have to buy a wiimote for that)

I downloaded the demo of Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed last night and it was quite good!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

slongwill wrote: »
    Your girlfriend did good!

I've given hints to my GF for a Wii U too, I hope she comes good :P If I don't reply christmas day, assume she got me a jumper and a pair of socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Pikmin 3 is amazing!!!! So good I went out and bought Pikmin 1&2 for the Wii last week.

I did that when I finished pikmin 3 too. Got a few of the add on missions from the e-shop too :)

I'm excited for pikmin in the new smash bros!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've given hints to my GF for a Wii U too, I hope she comes good :P If I don't reply christmas day, assume she got me a jumper and a pair of socks.

If you don't reply here, will probably see you over in the places single people hang out. :p

photo_zpsb71611c5.jpg

Ah sure I'm 32. Good taste never changes. :) Welcome and hope you thanked your girlfriend.

I did indeed! Looking forward to booting up Zelda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I picked up the Mario one in the Nintendo World store last week on holidays. Worked out at €30 or so. Should have stocked up on them looking at the Amazon price!

My future wife and I exchanged presents today (she's going to her parents for xmas so we had a mini xmas this morning).

FYP

• Advertisement

;)
    Banjo wrote: »
    FYP

Advertisement