Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

shuffles03 wrote: »
    My girlfriend and I exchanged presents today (she's going to her parents for xmas so we had a mini xmas this morning).

This is what I opened...........:eek:

photo_zpsb71611c5.jpg

Hello Nintendo forum. I have arrived.......yes, I'm 30.

After unwrapping the Wii U and Mario, I'd have been a little underwhelmed with the cellotape dispenser.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

My girlfriend and I exchanged presents today (she's going to her parents for xmas so we had a mini xmas this morning).

This is what I opened...........:eek:

Hello Nintendo forum. I have arrived.......yes, I'm 30.

you absolute jammy bastard!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Guess here's as good a place to put it as any, but happy Christmas/holidays/yule/whateveryoucelebrate to all of you!

Santa_Link.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Look what arrived in the post today!! Ordered weeks ago. Christmas miracle.

B7AEC000-53FB-417A-8F80-7F579E55AA32.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Mine was got weeks ago, but because it's a Christmas present I haven't been able to play it. It's just been there taunting me for 3 and a half weeks, alongside Zelda. Tomorrow this finally ends :D.

• Advertisement

Look what arrived in the post today!! Ordered weeks ago. Christmas miracle.

[Mario 3D World]

Enjoy, it's quite brilliant! :D
    I got it (early) as a Christmas/Birthday pressie from my lovely GF!

(And bought myself an early pressie last night in the form of Link Between Worlds! :D)

Enjoy, it's quite brilliant! :D
    I got it (early) as a Christmas/Birthday pressie from my lovely GF!

(And bought myself an early pressie last night in the form of Link Between Worlds! :D)

Tempted to buy a 3ds just for that game but I think I'll have to pass for now.

Some day though!

Looking forward to mario 3d world though. It got rave reviews in fairness.

We've mostly been playing it in multiplayer too, great fun! Brings in a bit of mild competition too, in that whoever scores most in any given level gets a crown for the next level, and you score more while wearing the crown... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Best say now that I think of it. Merry Christmas to you all and hope you enjoy all the Nintendo goodness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

Got Mario 3D from gf as early Xmas present. Played through world one. It's fab. Looking forward to playing it with people. The multiplayer looks fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Merry Christmas, Nintendoland!
    Get thee to bed, boardsies, for Santy doth approach from the north...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I finally got my Wii U on 23 December. False alarm on 18 December when i got a courier email with tracking number. It turned out to be a book which i'd forgotten that i'd ordered. How I managed to keep from sobbing while signing for the bloody thing...

Anyway, console was up and running very quickly. I missed out on the entire last generation of machines, so I'm very impressed. I also like how netflix and youtube work so well. I can see myself using netflix a lot more now than I used to with my apple tv.

My initial reaction to the games;

Nintendoland; put it in, walked around for a bit, felt a bit nonplussed, ejected, haven't played it since.

Sonic Racing; actually liked this, a reasonably acceptable stopgap between now and Mario kart.

ZombieU; started it, got killed by the ladder, played on a bit with new character, got bored and left it.

Super Mario World 3D, started, initial reaction was "what's all the fuss about?", and then the innovation just kept on coming. Loving this game.

druss wrote: »
    I finally got my Wii U on 23 December. False alarm on 18 December when i got a courier email with tracking number. It turned out to be a book which i'd forgotten that i'd ordered. How I managed to keep from sobbing while signing for the bloody thing...

Anyway, console was up and running very quickly. I missed out on the entire last generation of machines, so I'm very impressed. I also like how netflix and youtube work so well. I can see myself using netflix a lot more now than I used to with my apple tv.

My initial reaction to the games;

Nintendoland; put it in, walked around for a bit, felt a bit nonplussed, ejected, haven't played it since.

Sonic Racing; actually liked this, a reasonably acceptable stopgap between now and Mario kart.

ZombieU; started it, got killed by the ladder, played on a bit with new character, got bored and left it.

Super Mario World 3D, started, initial reaction was "what's all the fuss about?", and then the innovation just kept on coming. Loving this game.

congrats on choosing wii u.

i picked one up recently and haven't played a whole lot else since.

fantastic line up next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Once again, welcome to the new Wii U owners. Hope you enjoy it. I got 3d world today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Can't access the wii u e shop yesterday or today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭coffee to go

sweetie wrote: »
    Can't access the wii u e shop yesterday or today :(

Nor can I. I imagine the Ninty servers are getting a hammering with all the new systems coming online yesterday.

Same here no access.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Wanted to get the SMB3 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just setup my Wii U. I've created a Mii, registered and linked an ID but I can't get the WaraWara plaza to work. It doesn't show real Mii's and games etc. it only shows Nintendo comments. I've checked Miivwrse and everything seems to be working in there (my settings allows all games) but nothing on my home screen. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alowishus

Just setup my Wii U. I've created a Mii, registered and linked an ID but I can't get the WaraWara plaza to work. It doesn't show real Mii's and games etc. it only shows Nintendo comments. I've checked Miivwrse and everything seems to be working in there (my settings allows all games) but nothing on my home screen. Anyone know?
    I think it takes a while before they show up on the main screen. At least it was a while before they appeared for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Are both eshops back yet?

Wanna get some of those deals tonight if they are back. Have been waiting since christams day to get some new games. What an absolute disaster for Ninty over the last 2 or 3 days world wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Are both eshops back yet?

Wanna get some of those deals tonight if they are back. Have been waiting since christams day to get some new games. What an absolute disaster for Ninty over the last 2 or 3 days world wide.

Back for most it seems! But going for scheduled downtime from 9PM-9AM tonight so they can fix stuff :P My ZombiU download is going at the moment, hope they don't kick you out of downloads that are going... (I don't expect it to be done by then anyway :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Have Deus Ex as a pressie to myself and got ZombiU as one from my family.
    Lots of gaming ahead (still haven't finished Darksiders 2 wot I got not two weeks ago...)

Oh and Happy chrimbo all, hopefully be seeing you on Miiverse in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is playing on the controllers screen inferior to using the tv? I've only been using the controller so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Is playing on the controllers screen inferior to using the tv? I've only been using the controller so far.

Wouldn't say so, I've been playing exclusively on the pad since my projector bulb went a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't think the pad screen is HD is it? So I've been using it only for VC stuff, & playing the Wii U games on the tv where possible

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

The pad is a lower resolution. I can notice a difference, but it's mostly fine.

abbir wrote: »
    The pad is a lower resolution. I can notice a difference, but it's mostly fine.

I'd agree with this. I play the bulk of my wii u games on the gamepad and for the most part I think it looks pretty damn good.

Definately not 1080p. If your looking for the full hd experience its on your tv for sure. I was playing nsmb wii u on it last night and it looks nice. So crisp.

The convenient nature of playing on the gamepad however makes up for the slightly lower res for me anyway.

I'm getting to play waaaay more games because of it. 1 telly in the house isn't good for gaming. Vita and wii u gamepad to my rescue!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You have omitted a key piece of info required to answer the question : how good is your television?

Mine's a CRT : The Wii pad screen rules!

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    You have omitted a key piece of info required to answer the question : how good is your television?

Mine's a CRT : The Wii pad screen rules!

My tellys a 37" lg led.

But your right gamepad rocks.

Played nsmb earlier for over an hour on the gamepad. Finally at the frozen wintery Christmassy lookin level

Advertisement