Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The twitterverse is speaking of X and bayonetta 2(maybe even 1) information.
    Mainly because key players from platinum and monolith have retweeted the direct.
    The monolith person has only retweeted when info on X was released around June.
    The platinum guy is a writer for the bayonetta series. Not sure of their tweeting past.
    Hype.jpg
    lol, I'm not expecting much, but it would be nice to see more from those two games.

Interesting.

Would love to see more of them too. They'll probably be more on when the summer update might happen and also when Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, Eternal Darkness are coming out.

Well throw a few blind darts, bound to hit something right? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So Mass Effect 3 and Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition arrived this morning.

Injustice, Deus EX and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze are all on the way.

And I'm nearly finished Mario 3D world.

Looks like I'll be playing the Wii U for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

So Mass Effect 3 and Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition arrived this morning.

Injustice, Deus EX and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze are all on the way.

And I'm nearly finished Mario 3D world.

Looks like I'll be playing the Wii U for the forseeable future.

Are you actually nearly finished 3D World or do you just think you are?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

4 days til donkey kong.....

YEEEEOOOOOOOW

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Are you actually nearly finished 3D World or do you just think you are?:pac:

I'm at bowsers castle which I assume isnt the end as its only world 6 or 7 I think off the top of my head.

I read something recently to say it wasnt the end so I'm assuming theres at least another world or two which I'm looking forward to as the difficulty has only ramped up in the last world or so.

I'd say I'll still have it finished by the end of the week if I get a bit of game time in.

Its what do I play next though? I think I'll leave Donkey Kong until March some time. Its on preorder through zavvi or HDwow, one or the other, cant remember which one but it'll probably arrive a week or so after the release date. I'm in no rush as I've played the 2 mario games and rayman legends all in a row pretty much so a break from platforming is probably the way forward.

I want to go with Deus ex next but it still hasnt arrived from Zavvi so I'm thinking Batman as I'd say it wont take me that long to complete vs Mass Effect 3 which I'll probably have to get a divorce to get the time to play it to its full potential. :D

Injustice I'll just play every now and then. It'll just tide me over till Smash Bros.

Seriously people saying theres nothing to play on the Wii U are just crazy. Loads of games. I havent even got my hands on Zelda or Pikmin yet!! They will be mine though oh yes they will be mine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Mario 3D world <3 seriously who does say theres nothing to play on Wii U, there's far more to play on this than PS4 or Xbone right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I have a Wii U now. Ordered it off Harvey Norman... But it's 8 GB, not 32 GB. I do have a TB external hard drive though, so I should be good... Yeah? Haven't opened it yet, want to make sure I'm good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CHECK YOUR LOCAL PC WORLD - the 32GB bundle is going for €149 according to the bargain alerts thread. That has to be better than your Harvey Norman deal! Cancel your order if you find one.

An external drive will give you all the storage you need, though personally I try to keep my save games and VC games on internal memory in case I forget to plug the drive in (separately powered drives are supported, bus powered drives can be hit and miss - make sure you're using a Y-split USB cable that can draw power from an additional port, watch out for signs of strain on the power bus (eg graphical glitches and tearing - unless you're playing Assassin's Creed) and remember that you power management can cause those drives to drop off after an hour or so).

HOWEVER, the external drive is only really useful if you're buying a lot of games off the eShop. The eShop is mostly overpriced, and it's worth bearing in mind that with the 32GB pack you can earn €5 vouchers for spending around 50 or 60 quid on the eShop (they don't count sales tax towards the voucher). If you're going to buy enough eShop titles between now and christmas (when the offer ends) you might want to look at the cost of upgrading to the 32GB version versus what you might lose out on in eShop returns.

Remember that the Wii U formats the drive so make sure it's a blank drive before you begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Banjo wrote: »
    CHECK YOUR LOCAL PC WORLD - the 32GB bundle is going for €149 according to the bargain alerts thread. That has to be better than your Harvey Norman deal! Cancel your order if you find one.
    Thanks. I already have it right next to me. It's just unopened. And the 'local PC world' is... not local (nearly 12 km). Sounds like I'd be grand with the 8 GB anyway. Got nothing on the 1 TB. Moved everything to a 3 TB already.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Trying to get one of these,Sligo is out if stock,cant get through to galway :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The twitterverse is speaking of X and bayonetta 2(maybe even 1) information.
    Mainly because key players from platinum and monolith have retweeted the direct.
    The monolith person has only retweeted when info on X was released around June.
    The platinum guy is a writer for the bayonetta series. Not sure of their tweeting past.
    Hype.jpg
    lol, I'm not expecting much, but it would be nice to see more from those two games.

I was pretty happy.
    http://nollog.net/MyBin/Bayonetta2.mp4 (leave it buffer for a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Played a bit more Deus Ex last night..really enjoying it, will log a few more hours tonight. Have Donkey Kong pre orders so I've too many games and not enough hours :pac:

petes wrote: »
    Played a bit more Deus Ex last night..really enjoying it, will log a few more hours tonight. Have Donkey Kong pre orders so I've too many games and not enough hours :pac:

Yup. I've put myself in the exact same situation unfortunately/fortunately whatever way you look at it.

I really need to just complete Mario 3D world at this stage. Getting time to sit down to it in the past week hasnt been good though. I should get a chance tonight to log a couple of hours which should see me past at least another world or so. Want to finish it before sitting down to my next game. Hate leaving a game unfinished if its good and Mario 3D world is better than good!

Then like yourself I have Donkey Kong preordered but I'm thinking of leaving it for a while as I'm a bit platformed out having played the two Mario games and Rayman pretty much in a row.

I was thinkin I'd go for Batman Arkham City next but then Injustice arrived in the post this morning and I was looking at youtube clips here in work. I want to play that now!!

Bearing in mind Mass Effect 3 is also sitting on my wii u shelf and Deus Ex is coming in the next week or so I'm most definately in the same boat as yourself. Definately a first world problem of too many games and not enough time.

And I'm definatley not buying anymore games until Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros though. No point! You hear that Banjo no more bargain games. Your hurting my wallet on that thread!!

Considering I only got the Wii U at Christmas gone I've built up a nice little collection of games and thats without the likes of Pikmin and Zelda Windwaker which are must buys at some point. And I know its a controversial one but Sonic Lost Worlds for me will be a must by also at some point. Who says theres no games on this system?!?! Crazy stuff. People be missin out yo.... eh etc.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm splitting my time between AC III, Super Mario 3D World (I'm on that one in World 6 where there are loads of raising/lowering platforms that create a sort of snaking platform effect guarded by Dry Boneses, and I keep dying just after getting the first star. I know I could leave it but that's not how I roll :)) and Wonderful 101, with Pikmin 3 and Deus Ex sitting in shrink wrap, Rayman wondering why he's been trapped in his box since Christmas and Monster Hunter 3 criminally neglected due to the length of time the 3DS / MH3 transfer takes, and how long the average hunt takes. And let's not talk about ZombiU, Lego City, Need for Speed, Darksiders, NSMB U.... But apart from them, the impending release of Donkey Kong and Mariokart, the distant hope of Bayonetta, X and a new Zelda, there are no games on the Wii U, it's a dead console.

Injustice is great for a quick blast, especially if you have time for that quick blast to turn into an all-nighter. If you're into your DC mythos, the plot is good fun - the alternate timeline lets them play a little with characters' situations without necessarily changing their core values. Their superman is believable. Their Batmen are believable. Harley and Joker are... consistent. And punching Green Lantern's face it feels as good as you'd hoped. The fighting mechanics feel a little more solid and varied than the last couple of Mortal Combats I played (Wii, GC and N64 versions). And that's just the single player. If you have someone to play against, I don't think you could ever tire of watching Harley and Wonderwoman throwing eachother around the Batcave.

Edit:
    Just saw that Irrational are closing down. Does this mean that the Freedom Force IP is up for grabs? Pretty sure they created it from scratch and it's unlikely they ever sold it off after the 2nd game tanked. It's a niche title that's dripping with potential and creativity, it's family-friendly, it's all in bright primary colours, it has proven that it's an investment rollercoaster... It screams Nintendo! Ninty have a lot of money and all the financial nous of a 10 year old with a blank check in FAO Schwartz. Come on Nintendo... Don't do it for the fans. Don't do it for the money. Do it... FOR FREEEDOM!

Rayman wondering why he's been trapped in his box since Christmas

That made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Its so true on so many games. For example I was playing Zelda Spirit Tracks on hols in Malta a few years ago and enjoying it, other than the bloody train between places, such a chore. Anyway all was going well, probably about half way or more through the game but then holiday ends and I for whatever reason just stopped playing the game. I could go back to it but I'm really bad at remembering where I was at and I dont want to start it again. Too much else to play at this point!

But yeah back to your point Banjo. I'd say Link is sitting on a train somewhere going... "chu chu chu anyone?" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

That made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Its so true on so many games. For example I was playing Zelda Spirit Tracks on hols in Malta a few years ago and enjoying it, other than the bloody train between places, such a chore. Anyway all was going well, probably about half way or more through the game but then holiday ends and I for whatever reason just stopped playing the game. I could go back to it but I'm really bad at remembering where I was at and I dont want to start it again. Too much else to play at this point!

But yeah back to your point Banjo. I'd say Link is sitting on a train somewhere going... "chu chu chu anyone?" :P

Trying to figure out whether intentional or not...

Giant-chu-chu.jpg

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out whether intentional or not...

Giant-chu-chu.jpg

Not intentional unfortunately. Although it is a rather nice coincidence.

DONKEY KOOOOOONG 24 hours :D

DONKEY KOOOOOONG 24 hours :D

I like a good hype train and this game has not got anywhere near the amount of hype it deserves. Gonna be great. The previews or bits of gameplay Ive seen look amazing. Graphics are just gorgeous and the gameplay looks tight as ever.

I like a good hype train and this game has not got anywhere near the amount of hype it deserves. Gonna be great. The previews or bits of gameplay Ive seen look amazing. Graphics are just gorgeous and the gameplay looks tight as ever.

Ign have given it a 9.0 :D guy said it is brilliant. Challenging too which is good

• Advertisement

Ign have given it a 9.0 :D guy said it is brilliant. Challenging too which is good

I read that review yesterday, I can't wait to get stuck in!!

Isnt it fantastic the quality of games nintendo have they always get such high ratings..

Isnt it fantastic the quality of games nintendo have they always get such high ratings..

Tis, I only speed read that review though, didn't want to know too much about it.

Have it pre ordered so it will be early next week when I have it, busy killing people in Deus Ex at the minute so that will keep me going :)

Bought Contra 3 last night and played it a bit, I did have a few in me though :pac:

Yup its the old quality over quantity thing isnt it.

Edge gave it a 7/10 though I think. I briefly perused the magazine in Easons the other day. Seemed kind of harsh but at the same time I didnt read the full review just the summary at the end.

edit... just watched the ign review on youtube. Looks great as expected. Love the look of the mining cart levels. Always loved them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bought super metroid on VC and it's great playing on the game pad, graphics suit that size whilst look more dated on the tv. The game is great and obviously a lot in common with the newer metroids as well as the first game I ever loved (turrican) I can see myself buying quite a few older games now.

Just got an email to say Donkey Kong was dispatched :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I've been playing long time to get all the Stamps in Super Mario 3D world but it's proving very difficult and time consuming.

So took a break and replayed Pikmin 3, beat my last game by 15 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is there a way to access the US Netflix library through the Netflix app?

I tried a few ways mentioned online, changing DNS etc but it didn't work. Anyone got it up and running on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

FYI folks, discussion of how to get around this kind of geographical restriction thing isn't allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Does anyone know how much gamestop will be charging in store? It's €49.99 on the website but last time I went to buy a game it was €10 more expensive in store.

Advertisement