Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

iamtony wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much gamestop will be charging in store? It's €49.99 on the website but last time I went to buy a game it was €10 more expensive in store.

for what?

if you mean donkey Kong tropical freeze...

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-nintendo-wii-u/dp/35478635#bc=efd6

I think thats were ive preordered. Wont get it day one but screw it. Big price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

FYI folks, discussion of how to get around this kind of geographical restriction thing isn't allowed.

*shakes fist at damo and then retreats in fear of the banhammer*

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its 50 quid in store according to the guys today :)

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its 50 quid in store according to the guys today :)

Smyths have it for 45

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Smyths have it for 45
    Thanks for the tip I picked it up in smyths and they had about 6 copies on the shelf the shelf. Sad the poor wii u games aren't selling well!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tip I picked it up in smyths and they had about 6 copies on the shelf the shelf. Sad the poor wii u games aren't selling well!
    And it is a really beautiful game loving it so far although a little hard for my 4 year old though the piggy back system still works.

Donkey Kong does indeed play great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Donkey Kong does indeed play great :D
    You got one? :)

Where in the end?

Well I already had a Wii U, I wanted it for someone else :p
    I got donkey kong from gamestop, since theres one right next to my work.

Donkey kong is all kinds of awesome... it plays fantasticly well..

Another massive title for a failed console...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well I already had a Wii U, I wanted it for someone else :p
    I got donkey kong from gamestop, since theres one right next to my work.

Fair play to ya!:)
    You seemed to have gone/checked everywhere, I thought it was for yourself, epecially when i saw you contemplating Navan.

A friend of mine reckons that the price drop is limited to a certain amount. Currys/PC World had extra UK stock, and were able to sell them. It's not likely Harvey Norman will get the go ahead from Nintendo to drop price also, but Argos might.
    Deluxe edition is going to replace Premium in stores, but price is expected to remain below €300 (Poss €250) which is a great price, with two good games, but price is obviously not confirmed.

I was keeping an eye out for another since you had done a lot of leg work.

Well he said 'if you can get a Wii U for under 200 I'l play it' :p

Very challenging game! Which is great for me but not so much for kids they don't stand a chance.

Donkey kong is all kinds of awesome... it plays fantasticly well..

Another massive title for a failed console...

:rolleyes:
    I wouldn't say it's failed just yet, It's a shame it's not doing very well, it's the most played console I've had since my snes days and I've had them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I wouldn't say it's failed just yet, It's a shame it's not doing very well, it's the most played console I've had since my snes days and I've had them all.

Ah in fairness, DK (he was actually destined to love Donkey Kong it seems!) is a big Nintendo fan. It was more sarcasm towards a certain thread in the main Games forum and a few posters, 1 in particular imo, who seem to take joy from it not doing well.

I downloaded the Demo of Wonderful 101. For the first 5 minutes I thought there was way too much on the screen, I didn't have a clue what was going on, just randomly running and firing. Then I started interacting with the different "wonders" on the game pad and thought I knew what I was doing, then it took me 10 minutes to get into the Public Toilet :o.
    Thought I was figuring out the game and I am now realising I know nothing about it.
    Over an hour has passed! This game has me HOOKED!! :D

I still only barely know what I am doing, but I can now morph into a fist/Gun/Sword :cool::pac:

How have I never heard of this game before! :eek:

JUSTICE MISSILE!! BOoooOOOM! :D

Allyall wrote: »
    I downloaded the Demo of Wonderful 101. For the first 5 minutes I thought there was way too much on the screen, I didn't have a clue what was going on, just randomly running and firing. Then I started interacting with the different "wonders" on the game pad and thought I knew what I was doing, then it took me 10 minutes to get into the Public Toilet :o.
    Thought I was figuring out the game and I am now realising I know nothing about it.
    Over an hour has passed! This game has me HOOKED!! :D

I still only barely know what I am doing, but I can now morph into a fist/Gun/Sword :cool::pac:

How have I never heard of this game before! :eek:

JUSTICE MISSILE!! BOoooOOOM! :D

If you enjoy the demo, you really need to get the game. It's excellent. The demo's poor in comparison. It's also completely bonkers, although that's expected from Platinum.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    If you enjoy the demo, you really need to get the game. It's excellent. The demo's poor in comparison. It's also completely bonkers, although that's expected from Platinum.

I was going to buy it from Amazon, but don't think I want to wait. Going to buy it somewhere here.

Just reserved it in Argos :D Goodbye Saturday and Sunday. :)

Ah in fairness, DK (he was actually destined to love Donkey Kong it seems!) is a big Nintendo fan. It was more sarcasm towards a certain thread in the main Games forum and a few posters, 1 in particular imo, who seem to take joy from it not doing well.

What deano said... :D

Anyone know where I might get windwaker for a decent price?

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I might get windwaker for a decent price?

Try ebay for a download code... loads of people bought collector wii u like myself and sold the code

I only buy physical stuff :(

I only buy physical stuff :(

Seen one physical copy selling on adverts for 40 but thats tge cheapest i have seen even online the game is 40 -45

Seen one physical copy selling on adverts for 40 but thats tge cheapest i have seen even online the game is 40 -45

There are a few on Ebay. I just bought this and realised as soon as i did, that there's no game in it. :mad::mad:

Every other version of that brand new I've seen is over €80
    Ebay
    Amazon FR, UK, DE, ES, IT, COM and CA

So i should have copped on before the purchase was completed. :o:(.

How could it be "Brand New" if he has opened the box, removed all of the items, and taken the disc out?

I've just sent a cancel request. I hate ebay.

Picked up for windwaker for a reasonable sum today. It really is lovely, only a few things give away its a ten year old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Stuck four hours in to Donkey Kong this evening. Really enjoying it, some fairly hard parts in it!! Can see it being tough to collect everything!

petes wrote: »
    Stuck four hours in to Donkey Kong this evening. Really enjoying it, some fairly hard parts in it!! Can see it being tough to collect everything!

Stop whining and get back to work!

:pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If Donkey Kong is anything like the previous one, which I'm playing through on the 3DS at the moment, it's going to be a ball of frustration after the first world! :)

chrislad wrote: »
    If Donkey Kong is anything like the previous one, which I'm playing through on the 3DS at the moment, it's going to be a ball of frustration after the first world! :)

It's excellent so far. I'm on World 4 and have loved every minute of it. The K levels are deadly though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

It's excellent so far. I'm on World 4 and have loved every minute of it. The K levels are deadly though.

I looked at my email this morning and Donkey Kong is being dispatched from hd wow.

I still haven't gotten around to finishing Mario 3D world and ive bought the following games in the past month that remain unopened.

Mass Effect 3
    Deus Ex
    Injustice
    Batman Arkhan City

I also need to finish Rayman and want to go back to get the extra levels in NSMB wii u.

So many first world problems it is genuinely hard to know where to start! Lol.

Oh and to top it all Mario Kart is coming very soon!!!

Advertisement