Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ionapaul wrote: »
    am I right in thinking that Super Mario World 3D and Nintendoland are two good games to pick up as well? Obviously people are raving about the former, and I want the latter for parties and general casual gaming with my wife.

I'd echo what Abbir said, I've had a lot of fun with the multiplayer games in NintendoLand with my girlfriend, and enjoyed playing the Legend Of Zelda part of it in single player too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Where has princess peach disappeared to lads??

I've joined you, my Nintendo-loving brethren :) Bought a used Wii U yesterday, got a nice bundle of accessories (incl. Wii Pro Controller and Wii Remote) and five games for €250, looking forward to breaking it in over the next few months. Will still be primarily a PC gamer but it certainly looks good sitting beneath the TV!

My current games:

- New Super Mario Bros. Wii U
    - Zelda Windwaker HD
    - Pikmin 3
    - ZombiU
    - Batman Arkham City

I already have completed Arkham City on the PC so will sell that on Adverts, but am I right in thinking that Super Mario World 3D and Nintendoland are two good games to pick up as well? Obviously people are raving about the former, and I want the latter for parties and general casual gaming with my wife.

Give me your pikmin and zombi u.

Pretty please ;)

Where has princess peach disappeared to lads??

She's in training for Mario Kart and Smash Bros., obviously! :pac:

She's in training for Mario Kart and Smash Bros., obviously! :pac:

She is gonna be tailin my kart just as will you damo ;)

Oh yeah that gauntlet just got thrown down :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

KennethWilliams.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cant wait for Mario Kart. It looks soooooo good.

I wasnt bad at Mario Kart 64 back in the day but havent played any of the newer MK games.

I played a bit of Mario Kart on the DS but not a whole lot. I had it on a memory card thing that I subsequently lost hence not really playing it a whole lot.

Didnt play the one on the Gamecube or Wii so this'll be a big jump for me.

If this one plays even half as good as it looks we're in for a major treat.

I hope we can get a bit of multiplayer on the go as well. Would be a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'll be playing for a week before playing any of ye!!

petes wrote: »
    I'll be playing for a week before playing any of ye!!

Ah don't be like that petes its all about the multiplayer. Get straight in there!!!

Seems soooo far away now though now that we know the date. Have to keep telling myself its only 3 months or 12 weeks sounds better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ah don't be like that petes its all about the multiplayer. Get straight in there!!!

I know, I'll be practicing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Retro Studios confirmed they are at work on a new game but giving new clues as to what. Good to see them stick up for Nintendo as well, this goes along the lines of what a number of people have said about Wii U being more powerful than some think.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/02/28/wii-u-is-a-powerhouse-says-donkey-kong-country-developer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Please new Metroid! (Crosses fingers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Please nintendo, one metroid game, 3DS or Wii U, thats not like Other M and I'l love you forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

cloud493 wrote: »
    Please nintendo, one metroid game, 3DS or Wii U, thats not like Other M and I'l love you forever.

You got it loyal Nintendo supporter, enjoy Metroid Pinball 3D in all its glory.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you play movies from a usb or hard drive on the u?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You got it loyal Nintendo supporter, enjoy Metroid Pinball 3D in all its glory.:p

Don't even joke about that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Can you play movies from a usb or hard drive on the u?

You have to use your computer over your own network and the web browser.
    vidiiu is one, i think there are others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

smokingman wrote: »

Out of curiosity are many of ye playing COD on the Wii U?

Are you getting games?

I would assume with the lack of people owning Wii U's that it cant be that easy to get a game online?

I'm not interested in COD personally but just wondering as we have Mario Kart being released soon. I really would love a good online community but thats hard to imagine with such a small user base.

I've been a 360 owner since release and it did well online becuase they created a fantastic interface, chat, etc.. .and they had/have a huge user base. I can still play Halo 3 online for example if I want which is mad considering how old that game is.

Worst case scenario I have the 4 wii motes for local games as well in the house. Need to get the wife interested in Mario Kart. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Are you getting games?

I would assume with the lack of people owning Wii U's that it cant be that easy to get a game online?

I'm not interested in COD personally but just wondering as we have Mario Kart being released soon. I really would love a good online community but thats hard to imagine with such a small user base.

I've been a 360 owner since release and it did well online becuase they created a fantastic interface, chat, etc.. .and they had/have a huge user base. I can still play Halo 3 online for example if I want which is mad considering how old that game is.

Worst case scenario I have the 4 wii motes for local games as well in the house. Need to get the wife interested in Mario Kart. :D

I'd doubt there will be a problem with MK. Even though there hasn't been many Wii Us sold I'd imagine most who have one would be interested in this. I'll definitely be online anyway.

I still play MK7 on my 3DS online fairly often and never have an issue getting a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Are you getting games?

I still play a bit of Black Ops 2 on the WiiU and easily get games. Haven't got Ghosts though - waiting to find it at a good price first but I suspect there's enough peeps out there to get a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Need to get the wife interested in Mario Kart. :D

Refer to it at all times as Downtonkart, Luigi as Bates and when she wins as Peach say 'well played, lady Mary' . The same policy can be extended to Super Australian Master-3D-Chef and Primey Time : Topical News

So Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze arrived today. As expected I haven't finished mario 3d world yet so it'll have to wait. Plus I think I'll play something else between mario and dk just to have a break from platforming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got Nintendo Land yesterday and already having great fun with it, so want additional Wii Remotes. Where are people buying these for the Wii U?

Got Nintendo Land yesterday and already having great fun with it, so want additional Wii Remotes. Where are people buying these for the Wii U?

I got 4 motion plus wiimotes and nunchucks for sweet fa on dealextreme. Bought one first to see how if it was ok. It was so I bought 4 more. They were about 20dollars per set iirc.

I must give Nintendoland a bash actually. Only looked at it for a few minutes when I got the machine. Looked kinda gimmicky so turned it off but I'm hearing good things about some of the games on it. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a short run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.mediabrowser3.com

This is an amazing piece of software for your PC.

I was looking for a metadata organiser, and I got an amazing html5 player with it.
    It not only transcodes to formats for both chrome and the wii u browser, but it has on-the-fly options for quality.

The only downside I see so far is it's not only working on my local network, but also over the internet.
    I endorse it! try it out.
    You probably need a fairly okayish pc to do it, and obviously need it to be on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just discovered that the Wii U will stream mp4 and mkv direct from my NAS if I enter its URL into the browser.

Has just made the Wii U about a million times better!!!!

Don't even need the pc switched on to stream to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just discovered that the Wii U will stream mp4 and mkv direct from my NAS if I enter its URL into the browser.

Has just made the Wii U about a million times better!!!!

Don't even need the pc switched on to stream to it.

do you need to set anything up? I get the config login on my dlink dns320 nas when I enter the url

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

do you need to set anything up? I get the config login on my dlink dns320 nas when I enter the url

On mine it's the ip address of the nas drive on the network with :9000 at the end.Straight in to my movies and shared folder.

If I just enter the nas drives ip without the :9000 I also get the log in page. So Id say yours has a similar colon and then a number at the end to get you into the shared folder.

Advertisement