Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So I finished Mario 3D World last night.

Very impressive game. So many new ideas, so beautiful and plays incredibly well.

The only gripe I would have with it was instead of forcing a player to collect stars to progress I would have rathered the level design to be more challenging.

I know I know there's challenge in collecting the stars but personally I rather it to be harder to complete the level than be forced to replay lots of levels to get the required level of stars to defeat final bowser.

Now in saying that it did force me to replay levels that I wanted to spend more time with and in fairness probably wouldn't have gone back if I hadn't been forced so yeah kinda contradicting myself but you get we're I'm coming from.

Overall though the most fun I've had playing a console since NSMB Wii U which is a seriously underrated game on the system.

Wii U owners are spoilt for quality titles imo. I hear a lot about there's not enough but come on look at the quality!!

Anyway onwards I go to Deus Ex for a platforming break and then back for Tropical Freeze.

Absolutely loving my Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

DKC Tropical Freeze most frustrating game ever! still love it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Picking one up hopefully during the week.
    What controllers do I need for 3 player games?
    Do I need a pro controller at all?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Picking one up hopefully during the week.
    What controllers do I need for 3 player games?
    Do I need a pro controller at all?
    Depends on the games, I've found that some of the mini games in Nintendo Land can be a bit tricky for players using a Wii Remote.

hellboy99 wrote: »

Looking forward to that frustration.

There's over complicated rediculous levels in some games. DK is usually not impossible but very testing. Its all about trial and error and then finding that one perfect run. Looking forward to it now.

I was gonna get stuck into deus ex for something different other than platforming before DK but I got sucked into the walking dead on the Vita last night for a couple of hours so that might act as my something different instead. We'll see.

DK clips I've seen look frickin gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yes thank god im not the only one lol... it is so so tough to an annoying point but its oh so good.....

Plus he is a big furry gorilla i just wanna play with him

Depends on the games, I've found that some of the mini games in Nintendo Land can be a bit tricky for players using a Wii Remote.

Nintendo land would be one of them. Could three pro controllers be used or two pro and one massive touch screen pad do?
    Others would be new super mario bros WiiU, wonderful101 and that's it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I 100% DK Thursday. It's an excellent game. It can be frustrating but similar to Mario games you nearly always feel it's your fault. It's a great feeling when you finish the trickiest levels as well.

Looking forward to that frustration.

There's over complicated rediculous levels in some games. DK is usually not impossible but very testing. Its all about trial and error and then finding that one perfect run. Looking forward to it now.
    Yes thank god im not the only one lol... it is so so tough to an annoying point but its oh so good.....

Plus he is a big furry gorilla i just wanna play with him
    Deano7788 wrote: »
    I 100% DK Thursday. It's an excellent game. It can be frustrating but similar to Mario games you nearly always feel it's your fault. It's a great feeling when you finish the trickiest levels as well.

It's by far one of the most trying, frustrating, "I want to throw the controller to the wall" games I've ever played. Seriously doubt I'll be completing ever level 100%, in saying that it's a great game and looks stunning too.

Quick question for all you DKC TF gamers, any of you experiencing button lag issues when using the Wii U gamepad for this game?

Nintendo land would be one of them. Could three pro controllers be used or two pro and one massive touch screen pad do?
    Others would be new super mario bros WiiU, wonderful101 and that's it really.
    2 Pro controllers will do as some of the games require one of the players to use the gamepad

• Advertisement

Right, I have a €300 voucher for cex and went in today to get the Zelda WiiU but the box has a massive hole in the back and the game is probably not included.
    Didn't get it and I'm disappointed.
    If anyone comes across either the Mario or Zelda in a CEX can they let me know which store it is and if it is in good condition. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Right, I have a €300 voucher for cex and went in today to get the Zelda WiiU but the box has a massive hole in the back and the game is probably not included.
    Didn't get it and I'm disappointed.
    If anyone comes across either the Mario or Zelda in a CEX can they let me know which store it is and if it is in good condition. Thanks

The games are sold new as download codes, and cex wipe all consoles before selling them.

cloud493 wrote: »
    The games are sold new as download codes, and cex wipe all consoles before selling them.

Yeah that's why I didn't get it. The game is a physical disc in the Mario bundle, no?

I think almost all the stuff released with nintendo bundles is download now. Wouldn't be 100% sure though.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I think almost all the stuff released with nintendo bundles is download now. Wouldn't be 100% sure though.

Turned me off getting the Fire Emblem XL. Was grand until someone pointed out the obvious tactic of selling the code and buying the physical copy. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Yeah that's why I didn't get it. The game is a physical disc in the Mario bundle, no?

In the Mario bundle, yes it is a disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

even then i'd say they wouldn't include it. I've over 400 in credit which i'll use on a PS4 but they still have them at €450 for a vanilla console :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Finished DKC during the week. Now to get back into Wind Waker and Deus Ex. I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart. Hopefully we will have a decent few games from here :)

petes wrote: »
    Finished DKC during the week. Now to get back into Wind Waker and Deus Ex. I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart. Hopefully we will have a decent few games from here :)

I'll be up for it anyway. Maybe we could set up a thread closer to the time that we can see who's interested and set up times to play and things. I'll set it up if no one else has one set up maybe a week before.

petes wrote: »

I've had a very poor week of gaming due to work. Boooo to work. :mad:

I started Deus Ex about a week or so ago when I finished Mario 3D World. I played about 15mins of it half cut and got lost so turned it off. :D

I'll go back to it this weekend hopefully. Gonna start again sober this time and hope I can get a few hours in.

As for Mario Kart we definately have to get some sort of community/group together for games. Personally I can not wait for it. Was looking at some videos again on youtube recently. Like every other first party Nintendo title so far on the Wii U it looks soooooooooo so good. The colours and sharpness, etc...

Anyone hearing any decent prices for it yet? I want to preorder it in a shop somewhere but dont want to pay through the nose for it at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Anyone hearing any decent prices for it yet? I want to preorder it in a shop somewhere but dont want to pay through the nose for it at the same time!

The best price I've heard is €43.99 - WowHD.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I started Deus Ex about a week or so ago when I finished Mario 3D World. I played about 15mins of it half cut and got lost so turned it off. :D

I'll go back to it this weekend hopefully. Gonna start again sober this time and hope I can get a few hours in.

First time I played it I was half cut :) Had to go back to the start when sober!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'll set it up if no one else has one set up maybe a week before.

Not really much point a week before, as nobody will have it to contribute properly! We can set one up around Launch day.

Not really much point a week before, as nobody will have it to contribute properly! We can set one up around Launch day.

Fair enough, I picked a week so we can make sure we all have each other's ID's and things and check if we're available on launch day and what times but I'd imagine less time would be needed really

(P.S. Anyone planning to get MK make sure you're I.D. is added to the relevant thread beforehand so we can add you :))

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm gonna start the thread now so I can get all the credit.

Allyall wrote: »
    The best price I've heard is €43.99 - WowHD.ie

Normally I'd go this route to save the few quid on general principal of hating giving money to a shop but on this occasion I'll be goin b and m

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hmv Liffey Valley now have no games for any Nintendo platforms... :eek:

Sure the one in henry streets section is tiny, and they haven't had anything new in for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The wiiu I can understand but 3ds???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hmv Liffey Valley now have no games for any Nintendo platforms... :eek:

Aw...

That just makes me sad.

Advertisement