Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So I started Deus Ex. Although Ive played just over 3 hours it feels like 5 mins which for me is the sign of a good game.

It looks like it could be a game that will consume me for a while. So many things to do, avenues to take, choices to make, etc...

Jenson is **** cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

So I started Deus Ex. Although Ive played just over 3 hours it feels like 5 mins which for me is the sign of a good game.

It looks like it could be a game that will consume me for a while. So many things to do, avenues to take, choices to make, etc...

Jenson is **** cool.

.....and it just gets better too. Amazing game that well deserves a place in a wiiu collection.

So I was ordering a new bulb for my projector last night and had an "ah shure why not" moment and ordered Mario, Injustice and Ninja Gaiden.

If I hadn't a few rums on me, I would have realised I have loads of games to finish first but....it's a happy hangover :D

smokingman wrote: »
    .....and it just gets better too. Amazing game that well deserves a place in a wiiu collection.

So I was ordering a new bulb for my projector last night and had an "ah shure why not" moment and ordered Mario, Injustice and Ninja Gaiden.

If I hadn't a few rums on me, I would have realised I have loads of games to finish first but....it's a happy hangover :D

Haha love it. I've done that many times. I tend to leave my credit car upstairs now to try and stop myself doing it nowadays as I have so many to get through as it is.

Rum was a good choice though. Hope it was Havana club or something equally nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Hmv Liffey Valley now have no games for any Nintendo platforms... :eek:
    There is a small 3ds section facing back wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

andyeire wrote: »
    There is a small 3ds section facing back wall.

Must be small, I didn't see it at all, and left disgusted!

• Advertisement

Haha love it. I've done that many times. I tend to leave my credit car upstairs now to try and stop myself doing it nowadays as I have so many to get through as it is.

Rum was a good choice though. Hope it was Havana club or something equally nice.

Morgan and club orange, alcoholic super split ftw! Yeah, drink is responsible for most of my collection at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just when smokingman was talking about Morgan rum, Captain Morgan chimes in to say they got a Wii U :-)

Can't offer any controller advice but I'm sure someone else here can, I'd also be interested to hear!

petes wrote: »
    Just when smokingman was talking about Morgan rum, Captain Morgan chimes in to say they got a Wii U :-)

Can't offer any controller advice but I'm sure someone else here can, I'd also be interested to hear!

I got 4 baby blue coloured motion plus ones off dealextreme which work perfectly well for me anyway. 20dollars per set of wiimote an nunchuck. Bought one first to see, it worked so bought 3more. Waiting for MK8 to put them all use at the same time. But I have used one myself playing Resident Evil Wii.

As for other controllers I haven't felt it necessary to buy a pro controller although I know some here have done so. I find the gamepad works fine for me. A little clunky at times but for the most part I'm happy with it and to be fair I play most of the time on the gamepad itself as in off tv play so I'm very happy with it.

Also yes strange after the rum talk that Captain Morgan gets a Wii U. Welcome to the party though CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm enjoying my Wii U so far. I basically just got it for Zelda and Mario games, but I'm going to build a small collection of Wii and Wii U games now! Currently, have New Super Mario Bros Wii U/Luigi Bros Wii U, Zelda Wind Waker and picked up Smash Bros on the Wii yesterday. The gamepad is a fantastic addition, had a great time with my 5 year old son on Mario, giving him a hand finishing levels! Just need to pick up another Wiimote!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My 5 (soon to be 6) year old is asking for Luigi mansion 2 for the wii U. I have looked online but cant find it. Does such a game exist for the wii U?

Will definitely be picking up Mario Kart 8 when it comes out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

My 5 (soon to be 6) year old is asking for Luigi mansion 2 for the wii U. I have looked online but cant find it. Does such a game exist for the wii U?

That's a 3DS only title as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

MrVestek wrote: »
    That's a 3DS only title as far as I know.

Yeah, it's 3DS only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

As mentioned that is for the 3DS, but there is New Super Luigi U for the Wii U, which I am told is the most (brilliantly) frustrating game yet :).

I will be getting it, just not for a while. Apparently that trailer does it no justice at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I seen zombi u is 12 euros new on amazon

I will be picking up that very soon along with most of the best wii u titles nintendo as to offer that I unfortunately have not yet gotten

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I seen zombi u is 12 euros new on amazon

I will be picking up that very soon along with most of the best wii u titles nintendo as to offer that I unfortunately have not yet gotten

I bought that on release and still haven't played it yet. Should I be ashamed of myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Not at all. It doesn't support Off TV play - *we* should be ashamed of *it*

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Banjo wrote: »
    Not at all. It doesn't support Off TV play - *we* should be ashamed of *it*

Well it can't really since it relies on the gamepad so much. It's one of the few games that fully utilises the gamepad but as you said the downside is no off-tv play.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

I bought that on release and still haven't played it yet. Should I be ashamed of myself?

Im the same...its still in its plastic wrapping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Mario 3D's Champion's Road is like crying with buttons. It's a fantastic, if odd, experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

I played the versus mode a bit.

Amazon have delivered Injustice and Ninja Gaiden to my wanton arms; now which to play first?!

Amazon have delivered Injustice and Ninja Gaiden to my wanton arms; now which to play first?!

For what its worth I played Injustice a few times now. Its a pretty good fighting game. I need to sit down to learn the mechanics and moves though which i just don't have time for right now with playing Walkin Dead on Vita and Deus ex on Wii U.
    From what I've played though it does look fun. Id say playing it with mates would be good craic. Destructible environments etc...

I tried a trial of Ninja Gaiden on 360 a while back thought it was poor tbh. Maybe i didn't give it enough time or maybe it was a poor game in the franchise.

For what its worth I played Injustice a few times now. Its a pretty good fighting game. I need to sit down to learn the mechanics and moves though which i just don't have time for right now with playing Walkin Dead on Vita and Deus ex on Wii U.
    From what I've played though it does look fun. Id say playing it with mates would be good craic. Destructible environments etc...

I tried a trial of Ninja Gaiden on 360 a while back thought it was poor tbh. Maybe i didn't give it enough time or maybe it was a poor game in the franchise.
    Was the trial of the Razors Edge version? Original was pants from what I read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

i haven't either!

If anyone missed it, free wii sports this weekend!
    fevLdTy.png

and my backlog continues to suffer...:pac:

Was the trial of the Razors Edge version? Original was pants from what I read.

maybe. Cant remember other than thinking this is pure ****e. What's all the fuss about

i haven't either!

If anyone missed it, free wii sports this weekend!
    fevLdTy.png

and my backlog continues to suffer...:pac:

is that this weekend? Great stuff if it is. Keep meaning to try em

Ninja Gaiden is a lot of fun but bloody tough! Maybe it's the d-pad or maybe it's just me but I can't seem to get a load of the special moves in Injustice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sonic through the eyes of a Ninty fanboy

de1.gif

This was posted in the A&R forum.
    Thought it belonged here somewhere :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was reading an article over on Dromble about how Eminem, a long-time hard-core Donkey Kong fan would be the perfect loud-mouthed obnoxious vehicle for reaching the marriage-sex gamer market (you know, the fifa/CoD crowd, the guys who only get 1 a year a make it count) but it strikes me that it might better serve Nintendo to go with a more Nintendesque artist. I'm thinking have 2 shadowy figures sitting opposite eachother at a big wooden desk. In front of each is a big red button marked Release. They lean forwards and lock eyes. On the left is Iwata clutching a copy of Mario Sunshine 2, on the right Maynard James Keenan with the new Tool album - at least, that's what I assume it is, it's a CD embedded in a still-beating sheeps heart. The ad is 5 minutes long and consists of both men staring at eachother, occasionally twitching their eye, their hand hovering over the release button, and maybe one of them fakes a dart for the button but neither of them pushes it. There's no music. There's no branding. There's no mention of products and when the 5 minutes is up the ad just fades to black with no explanation.... Anyway, must get back to work.

Advertisement