Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not as upset as nintendo haters when it's announced as a Wii U exclusive along with TimeSplitters 4. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I seem to be slightly out of the loop here: are there two Zelda games coming on WiiU?

What's Hyrule Warriors?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hyrule Warriors is a Dynasty Warriors/Wars (don't play the series, not sure of the name) game that looks like a really shallow massive-scale melee. It's a Zelda game only in so far as Wanted was movie version of the comic book Wanted - it features characters and locations from the source material, but (as of yet) has not bearing on or respect for that source, and should not be mentioned in the same breath. I hope to be wrong about Hyrule Warriors, as much as I hope to one day see a proper movie of Wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I seem to be slightly out of the loop here: are there two Zelda games coming on WiiU?

What's Hyrule Warriors?

A Zelda version of dynasty warriors being made with tecmo koei essentially

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not as upset as nintendo haters when it's announced as a Wii U exclusive along with TimeSplitters 4. :pac:

There's already Timesplitters Rewind in development for PC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

With the news of the impending shut-off of wii network, I am, tonight downloading every demo of wii software and going to spend the remaining 1000 points I have on it ( having accidentally spent 500 points on something called Gnomz).
    I would recommend everyone do the same but if you're spending your last wii credits on something, spend it on a nintendo game that may lead to a discount a la the Mario kart one that'll get you money off a future purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭Nollog

smokingman wrote: »
    With the news of the impending shut-off of wii network, I am, tonight downloading every demo of wii software and going to spend the remaining 1000 points I have on it ( having accidentally spent 500 points on something called Gnomz).
    I would recommend everyone do the same but if you're spending your last wii credits on something, spend it on a nintendo game that may lead to a discount a la the Mario kart one that'll get you money off a future purchase!

You have misunderstood.

Nintendo WFC is the online multiplayer equivalent of Nintendo Network on Nintendo's previous generation consoles, from DS, DSLite, DSi, DSiXL, and Wii.

The Wii Shop Channel, is not a component on Nintendo WFC (Wi-Fi Connection).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You have misunderstood.

Nintendo WFC is the online multiplayer equivalent of Nintendo Network on Nintendo's previous generation consoles, from DS, DSLite, DSi, DSiXL, and Wii.

The Wii Shop Channel, is not a component on Nintendo WFC (Wi-Fi Connection).

I should really stay away from any keyboards after half a bottle of rum....spent ages downloading these last night and now you tell me this? After it was so clear cut in my head that even the shop was going...it was so clear cut I tells ya!

Ah well, good thing I didn't spend the last of my points. Might come in useful after E3 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Picked up a Wii U yesterday, the Eurogamer 10/10 for Mario Kart was the straw that broke the camel's back. Lovely console, really enjoying it so far. It has that Nintendo magic that's for sure.

I picked up Lego City, Mario 3d World and Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and grabbed Super Metroid and Castlevania 1 on the virtual console... should keep me going :-)

Loving the controller, the screen is fantastic and I think having a few late goes of Mario or Donkey Kong could replace (or at least supplement) my bedtime iPad reading.

If Mario and DK don't keep you entertained, Lego City certainly will. One of the most fun games I played in a long time and one of the few I would happily go back to collect everything in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭Nollog

original.jpg

It is FAKE, but still thought I'd post it for the lols.

The source is from a deviantart of some garry's mod picture.
    http://ryu-gi.deviantart.com/art/Tower-in-the-Mist-157630088

If Mario and DK don't keep you entertained, Lego City certainly will. One of the most fun games I played in a long time and one of the few I would happily go back to collect everything in.

I've been playing through Mario, it's brilliant, one of the best games I have played in a long time. The music, the art, the gameplay, spot on. It's so good I am reluctant to play more of it as I want to savour it (I like to save playing new Mario games 'til Christmas - lame I know).

I am very much looking forward to playing Lego, it seems to have a nice vibe to it and all the videos I watched of it made me want it.

Having spent a couple of days with the Wii U I can say it's exactly the console I wanted. I loved the Gamecube, after the SNES it was probably my favourite console. The Wii left me feeling a bit cold, it had lots of great games but it never connected with me. The Wii U is the Gamecube successor I wanted all along. I actually feel a bit guilty for not buying it sooner.

If anyone is reading this and is in two minds as to whether they should get it or not I say go for it. It's a brilliant machine and the gamepad is excellent, I can imagine myself playing most of my games with the TV off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I've been playing through Mario, it's brilliant, one of the best games I have played in a long time. The music, the art, the gameplay, spot on. It's so good I am reluctant to play more of it as I want to savour it (I like to save playing new Mario games 'til Christmas - lame I know).

I am very much looking forward to playing Lego, it seems to have a nice vibe to it and all the videos I watched of it made me want it.

Having spent a couple of days with the Wii U I can say it's exactly the console I wanted. I loved the Gamecube, after the SNES it was probably my favourite console. The Wii left me feeling a bit cold, it had lots of great games but it never connected with me. The Wii U is the Gamecube successor I wanted all along. I actually feel a bit guilty for not buying it sooner.

If anyone is reading this and is in two minds as to whether they should get it or not I say go for it. It's a brilliant machine and the gamepad is excellent, I can imagine myself playing most of my games with the TV off.

Remember there's 2 new mario games. Both are excellent.

I played through Lego City and found it good fun. A few genuine lol moments.

The library of games isnt huge but there's a LOT of quality there which for me is the way it should be.

I agree with you on the gamepad. I do at least 90% of my Wii U'ing on the gamepad.

Remember there's eshop titles too!

Anyone here have any experience with the Nyko uBoost for the Wii U gamepad

http://www.amazon.co.uk/U-Boost-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B009Q5XGO2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400442411&sr=8-1&keywords=uboost

Meant to double the life of the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ok I'm sold. I'll get one before Christmas.

Feck ye Cantstandsya!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mconnn

Anyone here have any experience with the Nyko uBoost for the Wii U gamepad

amazon.co.uk/U-Boost-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B009Q5XGO2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400442411&sr=8-1&keywords=uboost[/url]

Meant to double the life of the battery

Hi,

Why not try,

amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Game-High-Capacity-Battery/dp/B00EZPU0E2/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_h__text_y

Regards,
    mconnn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Ok I'm sold. I'll get one before Christmas.

Feck ye Cantstandsya!

Why wait? :-)

Does anyone know if there is a general lack of stock with the Wii U Pro Controller? I want to get one but on Amazon there is a 3 week wait for dispatch... anyone know if this is the case in the bricks and mortar shops? I quite want to pick one up before Mario Kart is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Does anyone know if there is a general lack of stock with the Wii U Pro Controller?

There does seem to be.

iWoot have them in stock, don't know what their delivery times are like. - Wii U Pro controller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Does anyone know if there is a general lack of stock with the Wii U Pro Controller? I want to get one but on Amazon there is a 3 week wait for dispatch... anyone know if this is the case in the bricks and mortar shops? I quite want to pick one up before Mario Kart is released.

I'll hang on till E3 and see how the land lies. I have a seriously unhealthy backlog as it stands!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

You wouldn't happen to be on another Nintendo forum? I saw a post incredibly similar to this one almost word for word...just curious

• Advertisement

Nope, just here

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Nope, just here

You have a cyber twin!

Hmmm, how disconcerting... I guess we're all just looking for Wii U Pro controllers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I was gonna jump online tonight and ask just that for the same reason. Havent seen any for ages, Smyths always had a "Coming Soon" sticker on them thats probably permananet as WiiU sales dwindle, CEX only has 2 in stock in Portlaoise right now, Tesco has no WiiU stuff anymore, HMV has the stock of games from when the WiiU launched but no Pros.

Could become a collector item soon enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,215 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I was gonna jump online tonight and ask just that for the same reason. Havent seen any for ages, Smyths always had a "Coming Soon" sticker on them thats probably permananet as WiiU sales dwindle, CEX only has 2 in stock in Portlaoise right now, Tesco has no WiiU stuff anymore, HMV has the stock of games from when the WiiU launched but no Pros.

Could become a collector item soon enough :(

I was told by a Smyths employee that they're discontinuing selling the Pro controller. That was over 6 months ago. HMV or Harvey Norman might have some if you're lucky but any stores I tried didn't have any in stock. HMV are a joke, they were selling nunchuks for €48. Fourty eight bloody Euro. No wonder they went into administration.

Maybe try PCWorld to see if they have any left. I got mine there a while back for something like €20

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't think they've had any for quite some time now, but I could be wrong.

Damn... It's a real shame how poorly the Wii U is doing here, such a great console and nobody is enjoying it. Seems criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in Dublin selling Wii U pro controllers for a reasonable price? When Mario Kart comes out I'd like to have a few of these to use!

• Advertisement

Quick heads up to everyone... Amazon now have both Pro Controller and the gamepad battery pack in stock. Might be worth sticking an order in to get them in time for Mario Kart

Advertisement