Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,216 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe try PCWorld to see if they have any left. I got mine there a while back for something like €20

You won't be getting any more from there as they've discontinued the Wii U unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As far as I can recall, I think PC world were getting shot of all their console based stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep which is why they were cheap. But I know I've seen bits and pieces in there for a while after they stopped getting more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Lot of new information about Hyrule Warriors from Famitsu magazine. Some new images in the link as well.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/new-hyrule-warrior-images-story-details-impa-is-playable-and-more#.U3zsbfldXwg

Highlights:

Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.

2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.

Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.

Development is 70% complete and will be playable at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Quick heads up to everyone... Amazon now have both Pro Controller and the gamepad battery pack in stock. Might be worth sticking an order in to get them in time for Mario Kart

Cheers for that, just stuck in an order for the pro pad and wind waker. Only 7 pro pads left!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

For anyone looking for a pro controller and liked the Gamecube controller might want to wait a little while before buying one......

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/21/5738550/pdp-wired-fight-pad-wii-u

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Quick question: I'm looking to buy a WiiU (again). If I pick up a second-hand Zelda WiiU, can I only access the digital Wind Waker game by using the NNID of the previous owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Quick question: I'm looking to buy a WiiU (again). If I pick up a second-hand Zelda WiiU, can I only access the digital Wind Waker game by using the NNID of the previous owner?

From what I can make out, you can use your own NNID and download whatever you want.
    You just can't use your previous NNID to re-download the games you had the first time on another console.

Someone else may step in and confirm or dismiss that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 oystercatcher

My daughter has a Wii u but finds she can't play a game with a friend because the Pro Controller wont work simultaneously with the main controller. Can anyone help, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

My daughter has a Wii u but finds she can't play a game with a friend because the Pro Controller wont work simultaneously with the main controller. Can anyone help, please?

If she presses the home button on the pro controller when it syncs she can change the assignment from player one to player two.

• Advertisement

So yeah... Looks like Super Smash Bros on Wii U will be one of the first games to support the Nintendo Figurine Platform...
    If it's used for customisation, rather than unlocking characters, then great...

So yeah... Looks like Super Smash Bros on Wii U will be one of the first games to support the Nintendo Figurine Platform...
    If it's used for customisation, rather than unlocking characters, then great...

I could see Nintendo using them to unlock characters but you can also unlock characters through the game if you would prefer that. It wouldn't be like them to lock characters behind extra purcahses.

I don't think that is what they'd do, at least, I'm hoping it's not what they'll do.
    What I'd quite like, is if the idea with this is that perhaps the game could have some kind of stat building that you could do as you play through the game, or customise your character's look too, and store that information on the figure. You could then of course bring your figure with you if you were going to play elsewhere also, or carry some of that across into different games too.

I don't think that is what they'd do, at least, I'm hoping it's not what they'll do.
    What I'd quite like, is if the idea with this is that perhaps the game could have some kind of stat building that you could do as you play through the game, or customise your character's look too, and store that information on the figure. You could then of course bring your figure with you if you were going to play elsewhere also, or carry some of that across into different games too.

Interesting idea, I'd like to see that.

I'm just hoping this means they will create figures for all of the smash characters rather than just mario, luigi, peach etc.

So I picked up another WiiU and I'm having an annoying problem. My NNID is linked to my old WiiU and apparently you're not able to unlink it without having the actual console. I emailed customer support so hopefully they are able to sort it out for me. Anyone else ever have this problem before? Heads up for people planning to sell their WiiU, unlink your NNID before getting rid of it. Stupid mistake by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭Nollog

So I picked up another WiiU and I'm having an annoying problem. My NNID is linked to my old WiiU and apparently you're not able to unlink it without having the actual console. I emailed customer support so hopefully they are able to sort it out for me. Anyone else ever have this problem before? Heads up for people planning to sell their WiiU, unlink your NNID before getting rid of it. Stupid mistake by me.

You just need your serial numbers

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You just need your serial numbers

How do I get the serial number from my old wiiu?
    Do I just give the numbers to customer support then?
    Want to get this sorted by this friday for Mario Kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,216 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sorry but I think you're screwed. I had the same problem. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the only way Nintendo will do anything is if your Wii U is broken and you've sent it in. Then they'll transfer everything to a new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Original receipt may have the seriel number, or if you traded the console in the trade in receipt will have it.

Thanks for the replies folks sorry for taking over the thread.

Given that I have no receipts, under the assumption that I'm screwed what exactly do I have to lose by creating a new NNID, and using this one for my current WiiU and 3DS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Thanks for the replies folks sorry for taking over the thread.

Given that I have no receipts, under the assumption that I'm screwed what exactly do I have to lose by creating a new NNID, and using this one for my current WiiU and 3DS?

Anything that you purchased under the previous NNID. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭Nollog

How do I get the serial number from my old wiiu?
    Do I just give the numbers to customer support then?
    Want to get this sorted by this friday for Mario Kart.

Kind of a hindsight 20/20 thing, but you'd have to write it down or take a photo of the sticker on the actual console, or if you have the manuals/box still it's on there.

Even if you had that, you'd have to fight them a little, and escalate it to a higher manager or something, and be able to prove you sold the console on.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Kind of a hindsight 20/20 thing, but you'd have to write it down or take a photo of the sticker on the actual console, or if you have the manuals/box still it's on there.

Even if you had that, you'd have to fight them a little, and escalate it to a higher manager or something, and be able to prove you sold the console on.

Yeah it was really poorly done by me I admit. Still classic Nintendo in their awkwardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My wife and I are playing through New Super Mario Bros U, and had given up for almost two weeks as we were stuck in the Meringue Clouds world, on the first tower (Tower Slide Lift?) - we died a few times and had to go back to the end tower in the previous world a few times, then battle there again, it was soooooo frustrating. Anyhow, we finally beat that level last night, oh the relief! :) Don't think we've too much further to go, it's an enjoyable game but I'm eager to get through it and move on to Rayman Origins and Legends...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

I've got a Wii U I love it and yes I'm a mature gamer. My teenage son refuses to play it so his loss that's what I say. Can't wait for Mario Kart 8. Finished Mario 3D World, fantastic game. Would highly recommend getting a Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Solm wrote: »
    I've got a Wii U I love it and yes I'm a mature gamer. My teenage son refuses to play it so his loss that's what I say. Can't wait for Mario Kart 8. Finished Mario 3D World, fantastic game. Would highly recommend getting a Wii U.

If you're getting Mario kart, let us know what your nintendo ID is and we can meet you on the track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Does any Irish shop have pre-order bonuses for Mario Kart 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Solm wrote: »

Just outta curiosity, your son give any reason for not playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Hmmmmmmm, my birthday is the 30th of May, I am very tempted to treat myself to a Wii U and maybe Mario Kart 8. I have been keeping an eye out to see where would be the cheapest to get it but didn't take the plunge yet but I am very tempted to this week. Has anyone seen any good deals in the last day or two anywhere? (Except for Smyths, worst website ever, for Wii U Sales anyway, never in stock!!)

Advertisement