Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Cant wait for MK8 this Friday! But in the mean time I have restarted Mario Galaxy 1 this week to get me through, love that game so much more than SM3DW for some reason. And still looks beautiful.

I wonder if they will do a SMG3 for the Wii U or will they make a new 3D Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,216 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »

That's not a pre-order bonus. That's a Special Edition bundle, you have to pay extra for it. In the UK there are shops and websites offering free things like key chains and T-shirts. We as always get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sligeach wrote: »
    That's not a pre-order bonus. That's a Special Edition bundle, you have to pay extra for it. In the UK there are shops and websites offering free things like key chains and T-shirts. We as always get nothing.

Smyths is the ony Irish store I've seen/heard of that is going to have it in stock..

Maybe all the UK stores keep the preorder bonuses for UK customers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone used any of the unofficial Pro controllers? Thinking of buying a couple for some MK8 gaming next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ciderman has one with a switch for Wii mode too, to make it act like a classic controller for Wii, and he loves it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ciderman has one with a switch for Wii mode too, to make it act like a classic controller for Wii, and he loves it.

Nice, Cider link plox

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Nice, Cider link plox

I have that one too and it's magnificent! Feels so much nicer in the hands than the official Pro controller.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gioteck-GC-2-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B00BB9GKB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401263387&sr=8-1&keywords=gc-2+wii+u

The plastic on it is a bit cheap but the functionality more than makes up for it.

I can't figure out for the life of me why they have PS buttons instead of lettered....

MrVestek wrote: »
    I have that one too and it's magnificent! Feels so much nicer in the hands than the official Pro controller.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gioteck-GC-2-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B00BB9GKB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401263387&sr=8-1&keywords=gc-2+wii+u

The plastic on it is a bit cheap but the functionality more than makes up for it.

Is this the one? I was looking at it and didn't like the look of it. Looks a bit awkward to hold. How big are your hands :P

Is this the one? I was looking at it and didn't like the look of it. Looks a bit awkward to hold. How big are your hands :P

Erm... it feels like like a 360 controller.

I guess it's hard to judge the size of it in pictures alone.

I have erh... averaged sized hands?

It's nowhere near the size of an original Xbox pad if that's what you're thinking.

• Advertisement

I can't figure out for the life of me why they have PS buttons instead of lettered....

You know I never actually noticed that... I don't think mine is like that. I must check when I get home later.

It looks bigger than a 360 controller, and a 360 controller is in around the perfect size for me. I have small enough hands. I remember playing the original Xbox and not being able to play properly because the controller was too large for my mits :(

It looks bigger than a 360 controller, and a 360 controller is in around the perfect size for me. I have small enough hands. I remember playing the original Xbox and not being able to play properly because the controller was too large for my mits :(

It's a little bit bigger than a PS3 controller and a tiny bit smaller than a 360 controller.

As it's ergonomically designed it actually feels rather nice in the hands. Trust me you won't regret it. Plus the fact that it works on the original Wii makes it nice for emulators too.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin selling the official Pro Controller? Those things are like gold dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone used any of the unofficial Pro controllers? Thinking of buying a couple for some MK8 gaming next weekend

I got the Game store one for £10 when I was buying a few games from them. Havent used it yet tbh but it seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pullblox coming to Wii U eshop on June 19. With discount for those who own either of the 3DS games

Since at work, the only link I can access for details is neogaf so I'll post that
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826546

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭Nollog

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Pullblox coming to Wii U eshop on June 19. With discount for those who own either of the 3DS games

Since at work, the only link I can access for details is neogaf so I'll post that
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826546

Aw I was going to post this

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/471573827525562368
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U-download-software/Pullblox-World-887433.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With discount for those who own either of the 3DS games

Someone is starting to actually wake up at Nintendo then :o These are the kinds of things people want, & the kinds of things that incentivise people to buy...

Looks like Byaonetta 2 might be released soon... Will this be one of those E3 things where they suddenly show loads and tell us its out in a month?

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/05/28/bayonetta-2-rated-australian-classification-board/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Myrddin wrote: »
    Someone is starting to actually wake up at Nintendo then :o These are the kinds of things people want, & the kinds of things that incentivise people to buy...

Exactly! Let's hope they sort out something Virtual Console-wise next...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin selling the official Pro Controller? Those things are like gold dust.

I honestly think I've checked everywhere in Dublin and they're impossible to get! The 2 lads in Gamestop were particularly unhelpful! They tried to sell me wired Gamestop branded Wii/Gamecube controllers and told me they'd work with the WiiU, I had to explain to him that they wouldn't and told him there were no ports to plug them into!

I then asked would they have the special edition of MK8 and were they doing any pre-order bonuses, he told me they weren't in store but that I should get the special edition because it's not just the blue shell trophy, I'd also get early access to the dlc maps in Mario Kart :confused: I told him there's no way that's true and he was adamant it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭Nollog

I'd also get early access to the dlc maps in Mario Kart :confused: I told him there's no way that's true and he was adamant it was!

lol

I honestly think I've checked everywhere in Dublin and they're impossible to get! The 2 lads in Gamestop were particularly unhelpful! They tried to sell me wired Gamestop branded Wii/Gamecube controllers and told me they'd work with the WiiU, I had to explain to him that they wouldn't and told him there were no ports to plug them into!

I then asked would they have the special edition of MK8 and were they doing any pre-order bonuses, he told me they weren't in store but that I should get the special edition because it's not just the blue shell trophy, I'd also get early access to the dlc maps in Mario Kart :confused: I told him there's no way that's true and he was adamant it was!

Sorry I stopped reading when you said Gamestop...

MrVestek wrote: »
    Sorry I stopped reading when you said Gamestop...

I was desperate!!:(

I'd pay a tenner for Baby Park DLC.

Maybe not a tenner... but it'd be a welcome course alright! Few extra courses like that and some battle arenas, and I'd pay €10-15 no problem.

If the dlc had the N64 battle mode in it then I'd get it!

Block fort would make it a no-brainer.

Finally going to pick up a wii u on Friday with the release of mario kart 8 :)

Just wondering - would my nephews sensor bar and wii controllers from the old wii work with mario kart 8 on the U?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Finally going to pick up a wii u on Friday with the release of mario kart 8 :)

Just wondering - would my nephews sensor bar and wii controllers from the old wii work with mario kart 8 on the U?

Thanks

If the Wiimotes are motion plus, definitely yes. If they are not, probably but not 100% sure. The game doesn't specify that plus is needed, unlike some other games. Sensor bar comes with the Wii U.

Advertisement