Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Chrome seems to have gone to crud on me lately in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Corholio wrote: »
    Because of an apparent Youtube update, Youtube has stopped working in the Nintendo browser. All you get is a black image where the video is with no buttons. There is a workaround though, not ideal but ok until hopefully they resolve it, because Youtube on the browser is fantastic, much better than that muck of an app that comes with the Wii U.

The workaround is: In the video address where it says 'watch?v=', replace that with 'embed/', and it will work. As I said not ideal but hopefully Youtube sort it out.

I found another workaround and great as can COPY once
    and paste multiple times if going through lots videos.

Instead of "embed/' just put _popup before the ? in Web address.
    So instead you will have "watch_popup?"

Anothe roption that works fine but not most friendly UI is:
    https://www.youtube.com/tv#/browse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So I have been playing MarioU non-stop since I got it last Thursday, love it!

But it got me thinking, since they released the Retro levels for Coin Rush for NSMB2 on the 3DS a few weeks back, it has me wanting Ninty to remake Mario 1 2 3 & World, for the Wii U or 3DS or even both systems.

Imagine the best 2D Marios, reworked, with extra secrets, all in HD!

I know they have been re-released a million times, and where remade for the GBA but god, was just saying to a friend there, I would totally pay full wack for them on a cart or a disk.

Do you think it will ever happen in the near future?

PS: I know its a bit overkill with Mario's at the moment, but jaysus who cares, they prob wont release a 'New' 2D Mario for at least 3 years anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

So I have been playing MarioU non-stop since I got it last Thursday, love it!

But it got me thinking, since they released the Retro levels for Coin Rush for NSMB2 on the 3DS a few weeks back, it has me wanting Ninty to remake Mario 1 2 3 & World, for the Wii U or 3DS or even both systems.

Imagine the best 2D Marios, reworked, with extra secrets, all in HD!

I know they have been re-released a million times, and where remade for the GBA but god, was just saying to a friend there, I would totally pay full wack for them on a cart or a disk.

Do you think it will ever happen in the near future?

PS: I know its a bit overkill with Mario's at the moment, but jaysus who cares, they prob wont release a 'New' 2D Mario for at least 3 years anyway.

This is a great idea but im not sure if Nintendo will do it. Id say the next "proper" mario game we see will be revealed at E3 2014, not this year. Id say this will be the Zelda year for Nintendo considering a tech demo for it was already shown.

If they do a HD remake, id say it will be of the "new" series.

The DS versions and Wii version in HD in an all star collection. But i would much prefer the old ones. Especially 3 and World in HD. Man Mario World in HD would be amazing.

Ive completed Mario U and now backtracking to get all the secrets and star coins for Superstar Road. Its insanely tough, but loving every minute of it.

Just in the last Ninty Direct, the German President(cant remember his name) did say Mario is taking a break next year it will be Luigi's year instead with Luigi's Mansion(cant wait for that).

Its just silly, they know the hardcore fans of Ninty want the OLD mario games, just remake them, release them on the eshops and its done.

Zelda, wont hear anything about a new one for at least a year or two seeing as SS only came out a year ago, maybe a teaser reel at the next E3 but no game for a while.
    I have no doubt we will see a teaser for a new 3D mario for the Wii U for release in 2014 maybe.

I also want Super Mario 3D Land 2 (or Super Mario land 4, which ever name they choose) for the 3DS, loved SM3DL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I also want Super Mario 3D Land 2 (or Super Mario land 4, which ever name they choose) for the 3DS, loved SM3DL!

Technically speaking it would be Super Mario Land 5; there were 3 for the game boy

Really? As in the first WarioLand?

Really? As in the first WarioLand?

Yep, it's full title was Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land. I suppose it was effort to help sell more games.

Ah well then, I guess Super Mario 3D Land could be just a new series then. SM3DL2 it is :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Can anyone tell me if something called Little Inferno is available as a downloadable on the Wii U? If so, any idea how much it costs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

EnterNow wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if something called Little Inferno is available as a downloadable on the Wii U? If so, any idea how much it costs?

It is and at the moment it costs €9.99. It's on sale at that price until the 4th of January.

abbir wrote: »
    It is and at the moment it costs €9.99. It's on sale at that price until the 4th of January.

Cheers man!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cheapest WiiU is in Harvey Normans right now, while the online price remains up at the €380 mark for the premium, in store it's down to 359.99, and I got the last one today in Swords.
    That said, the bundle offer in Smyths, a WiiU premium plus a game for €419.99 is pretty good too and works out about the same if you are determined to buy a launch game.

PC World, again in Airside Swords, have Wii Remotes with Motion Plus, for 9.91 each, no nunchuck but the controller is a steal, a quarter of it's normal price too, and it's black so to match with the Premium Wii U as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Fantastic price for the wii remotes with motion plus, you couldn't buy a knock off version from China for that. Too far for me to journey up there, but someone could make a few bob buying them to sell on for a bit of profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Cheapest WiiU is in Harvey Normans right now, while the online price remains up at the €380 mark for the premium, in store it's down to 359.99, and I got the last one today in Swords.
    That said, the bundle offer in Smyths, a WiiU premium plus a game for €419.99 is pretty good too and works out about the same if you are determined to buy a launch game.

PC World, again in Airside Swords, have Wii Remotes with Motion Plus, for 9.91 each, no nunchuck but the controller is a steal, a quarter of it's normal price too, and it's black so to match with the Premium Wii U as well!

Haha We'll done buddy, u bite the bullet and got one...
    Hope ye have good xmas party again... And enjoy your Wii U, Loving mine here :) I got mine for 380e HMV ZombiU Bundle... bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Is there supposed to be a nintendo club points card in with the wii u?
    Just opened mine up and cant find any scratcher to register with club nintendo?

Is there supposed to be a nintendo club points card in with the wii u?
    Just opened mine up and cant find any scratcher to register with club nintendo?

Having this problem too, I followed the instructions on the red leaflet in the box AND the instructions on the website too, linked my email with the eshop 2 days ago, never got the points.

Why cant ninty just make this straight forward or easy.

EDIT: Scratch that, when you link your email address, go to the Ninty site and do the survey first, after you have done that you get 1000 star points. I now have 7050 star points, still nothing there i want though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What survey? Cant find any?

Edit : found it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

My upad's done broke.
    Is TVii live here or just in America?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    My upad's done broke.
    Is TVii live here or just in America?

Just in America, won't be here till next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Has anyone's gamepad become horribly creaky/clicky? I'm really trying to ignore it, but everytime i pick the thing up it just makes these horrible sounds like it wasn't put together properly at all :/. Nollag, that's really **** that yours has just broke completely. I suppose i should be greatful mine is still functioning. Send that back to nintendo at once. I had to deal with their customer service the other week when my wii u bricked. Horrible service to deal with. The average time it took for them to respond to my emails was a week.

Aidonin wrote: »
    Has anyone's gamepad become horribly creaky/clicky? I'm really trying to ignore it, but everytime i pick the thing up it just makes these horrible sounds like it wasn't put together properly at all :/. Nollag, that's really **** that yours has just broke completely. I suppose i should be greatful mine is still functioning. Send that back to nintendo at once. I had to deal with their customer service the other week when my wii u bricked. Horrible service to deal with. The average time it took for them to respond to my emails was a week.

http://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/repairs
    They had live chat and I even got to leave them a message about how I won't be buying anything on the eshop until they stop respecting idiotic German laws.
    I put the box in the post Sunday, kinda weird to see an empty post office. I guess nobody knew they were open Sunday for Christmas.

The clicking is normal though.
    It's the stylus and some of the movement sensors inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/repairsThe clicking is normal though.
    It's the stylus and some of the movement sensors inside.

The rattling is indeed normal, but the pad i have clicks when you press on it. Like if you were clicking something into place. The front facing of it seems loose or something. I dunno, i suppose i'll just have to live with it, but it is annoying considering the price of the thing.

Also i had a massive dispute with them about getting back the downloaded content on my old wii u. They told me straight up that i would not be getting it back and wouldn't be receiving a refund. I told them that was not enough considering how other services deal with downloaded content. I got no response to that.

The rattling is indeed normal, but the pad i have clicks when you press on it. Like if you were clicking something into place. The front facing of it seems loose or something. I dunno, i suppose i'll just have to live with it, but it is annoying considering the price of the thing.

Also i had a massive dispute with them about getting back the downloaded content on my old wii u. They told me straight up that i would not be getting it back and wouldn't be receiving a refund. I told them that was not enough considering how other services deal with downloaded content. I got no response to that.

Yeah, they didn't really think things through.
    The NNID is locked to the console and they probably don't have a transfer tool made yet.
    Your upad problem sounds like a manufacturing one. I'd send it back just before the warranty ran out :p

I heard some retailers in the UK are selling upads separately, anyone doing this here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

So I got a Wii U with Mario, and ZombieU from my gf...what would games from the original wii would be worth getting if I was looking for something with a good storyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Well Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best JRPGs you'll ever play, looks great for the Wii as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

at €380+ is this really worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

at €380+ is this really worth it?

Yes

Nintendo is like Loreal

We are worth it :D

They told me straight up that i would not be getting it back and wouldn't be receiving a refund.

Surely as a consumer, you//we are protected form this kind of nonsense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Domyno

Just got a Wii U for Christmas today. Loving Super Mario Bros U so far :D Can't wait til there are more games out for it, but I suppose that's always the case when a console launches.

Advertisement