Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

sligeach wrote: »
    At least you didn't post that in the Nintendo bargains thread because that stinks. That's not a great deal at all. Are you in major panic to buy the Wii U that you'll take any offer?
    how is that not a decent price? 12 month warrantee, 3 AAA games.. for 287...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm sorry. Yes, that's not bad, if you were to buy this elsewhere, you might save €20-30. But then it would be hard to find all 3 together with a warranty. You may as well go for it. Nit picking but I wouldn't say NSMBU is AAA. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I'm sorry. Yes, that's not bad, if you were to buy this elsewhere, you might save €20-30. But then it would be hard to find all 3 together with a warranty. You may as well go for it. Nit picking but I wouldn't say NSMBU is AAA. :p

I would. It's very underrated imo. It's probably the best in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I would. It's very underrated imo. It's probably the best in the series.

Yup a majorly underrated game. Fantastic fun. I spent close to 20hours with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Free brain training game pushed to my system fair play to them!

• Advertisement

how is that not a decent price? 12 month warrantee, 3 AAA games.. for 287...

Just to help you out again if it's not too late. You've agreed to buy Rayman Legends for €20 on Adverts. It's €16.98 in Gamestop. I know because I bought it. You need to have a good look around, there's tonnes of bargains out there to be had. I was in the shops on Friday and barring most 1st party games all other games can be bought for €20 or less. Even newer titles like AC 4: Black Flag and Batman: Arkham Origins are €20, not in Gamestop mind you. I bought 3 games and probably should have bought 5. There's so many games on Adverts that are overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just to help you out again if it's not too late. You've agreed to buy Rayman Legends for €20 on Adverts. It's €16.98 in Gamestop.

It's on Amazon for £12.85 (€16.11) so you could add it to the Special Edition MK8 if you wanted - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rayman-Legends-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00844QP1C/ (@ DARK-KNIGHT)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

iamtony wrote: »
    Free brain training game pushed to my system fair play to them!

Yeah I got this too. Was Wondering if everyone got it? Not that I'll use it but it's a nice little giveaway

garyegt wrote: »
    Yeah I got this too. Was Wondering if everyone got it? Not that I'll use it but it's a nice little giveaway

I have automatic updates switched on so it was installed on the Wii U without me even knowing. I would prefer a better game but it's free so, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I have automatic updates switched on so it was installed on the Wii U without me even knowing. I would prefer a better game but it's free so, whatever.

It was a nice surprise to see it automatically downloaded. If they could do this with some other virtual console games that would be very cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Can anyone help me please? Where do I get a Nintendo network id from? I've registered on club Nintendo and I have chosen new super Mario brothers as my free game and I really would like yo download it.

Inbox wrote: »
    Can anyone help me please? Where do I get a Nintendo network id from? I've registered on club Nintendo and I have chosen new super Mario brothers as my free game and I really would like yo download it.

You should create one when you set up your Wii U.

Edit Guide here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

You should create one when you set up your Wii U.

Edit Guide here

Thanks I'm good to go now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Speaking of the Nintendo ID and stuff like that.
    I registered for a Nintendo ID, and a Club Nintendo ID. I also registered on p.nintendo.com with my premium console.
    I got the premium 32GB with NSMBU (+Luigi), Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 8 and then Wind Waker with that. On p.nintendo.com I have 504 points. They are all from Zelda Wind Waker. However, I scratched the codes off all the games and registered them. Should I not be getting more points for that? Also, I had no scratch card for the console. Can I register that somewhere to get more points?

Cheers.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I registered for a Nintendo ID, and a Club Nintendo ID. I also registered on p.nintendo.com with my premium console.
    I got the premium 32GB with NSMBU (+Luigi), Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 8 and then Wind Waker with that. On p.nintendo.com I have 504 points. They are all from Zelda Wind Waker. However, I scratched the codes off all the games and registered them. Should I not be getting more points for that? Also, I had no scratch card for the console. Can I register that somewhere to get more points?

Cheers.

Club Nintendo is separate from the premium account. When you register codes you get stars for Club Nintendo. You only get premium points for digital purchases.

Also for the console, once you link your NNID to the club nintendo account you automatically get the stars. There's no code.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

The_B_Man wrote: »

Cheers.

The points on p.nintendo.com are only for games you buy (or use a code) on the eshop. The codes on the scratch card give you points on your club nintendo account and if you save up enough you can get something from the stars catalogue there. If you linked your console to your club nintendo account you should get stars on that (after you do the survey) but won't get anything on p.nintendo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Also for the console, once you link your NNID to the club nintendo account you automatically get the stars. There's no code.

Stranely this didn't happen automatically for me. As in I had to log into the Club Nintendo website, go to Games & System and click on 'Claim Stars for...' beside the console. Seems to be the same for e-shop purchases.

Pain in the neck having to do that stupid survey everytime aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Games Done Quick are doing speed runs of some Wii U games including 3D World (2.5 hours) Mario U, Luigi U(Both 50 mins)

Details and schedule here
    https://gamesdonequick.com/

soooo today i bought monster hunter 3 and rayman legends :D this console is addictive

soooo today i bought monster hunter 3 and rayman legends :D this console is addictive

Not being smart but why did you sell your wii U in the first place?

Only got it recently but cant see any reasons for selling it :D

• Advertisement

Excellent choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭nix

How much did you pay for MH3?

I was looking for a cheapo copy in town but couldnt find one, settled on Arkham city for €15, keep me going till my big delivery arrives next week :D

nix wrote: »
    How much did you pay for MH3?

I was looking for a cheapo copy in town but couldnt find one, settled on Arkham city for €15, keep me going till my big delivery arrives next week :D
    20 for a physical copy :D i love cex last copy in cex countrywide

Not being smart but why did you sell your wii U in the first place?

Only got it recently but cant see any reasons for selling it :D
    broke and playing xbox one...

in saying that my xbox one hasnt been turned on in days because of the wii u...

imo wii u>xbox one>ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭nix

20 for a physical copy :D i love cex last copy in cex countrywide

haha i was there, you must have got in right before me!! ya bastid! :P

nix wrote: »
    haha i was there, you must have got in right before me!! ya bastid! :P

Newbridge store???

Oh and

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My name is batman and I do not like monster hunter :(

My name is batman and I do not like monster hunter :(

What? This is Superman. What? Seriously! What? We've obviously got a case of newbieitis. I never got it from the videos and playing it for the first while I hadn't a clue and I thought what is all the fuss about. It's completely different from anything you've ever played. Once you give it time and grasp it, it's nothing short of amazing.

I tell you what, tomorrow if I am free I'll go online and I'll explain it better and show you to the basics.

CEX are good at times for some games because €20 is a bargain for this. You wouldn't find better elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CEX are good at times for some games because €20 is a bargain for this. You wouldn't find better elsewhere.

Someone said above that they got the last one in CEX, but it seems to be available online delivered for €25.

EDIT - 'Twas himself.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mh3u
    Reserve judgement until you've been playing for 4 hours, and graft for those 4 hours. The first 2 1/2 hours are truly ****e

Advertisement