Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Banjo wrote: »
    Mh3u
    Reserve judgement until you've been playing for 4 hours, and graft for those 4 hours. The first 2 1/2 hours are truly ****e
    if i could play it on gamepad off tv i think i could get into it. its just getting time alone with the tv....

scrap that i see i can now play it on gamepad.....

can zombi u be played on gamepad only now??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

scrap that i see i can now play it on gamepad.....

can zombi u be played on gamepad only now??

Nope, it was never going to be because of the way the Gamepad is used, you need the 2 screens. It definitely never will now that Ubisoft has lost interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yuk! :mad:

33882409.jpg

Meh, it's free dlc that you can use or not bother with. Don't really care either way to be honest.

Although it did result in a very weird ad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching the Games Done Quick. 170 stars and game Bowser beat in 3D World in just 1 hour 50 mins.

Took me slightly longer. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watching the Games Done Quick. 170 stars and game Bowser beat in 3D World in just 1 hour 50 mins.

Took me slightly longer. :)
    what enjoyment would they get beating the game in 1.50 though ****ing pointless

I guess it's their hobby to play through games and find how to beat it as fast as possible.

Look at it this way - imagine how many times he would've had to play that game to get everything down to a t like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

In people's opinions, what are the chances of an amazing Wii U bundle this side of Christmas? Should I pull the trigger now or hold off in case of a further price reduction or an overall better deal? That Lego bundle in Smyths looks very tempting for €240.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    In people's opinions, what are the chances of an amazing Wii U bundle this side of Christmas? Should I pull the trigger now or hold off in case of a further price reduction or an overall better deal? That Lego bundle in Smyths looks very tempting for €240.
    pull the trigger now its the best gaming console on the market by far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭nix

AS Mr Knight said, best console by far, especially if you're into gameplay, i got mine like two weeks ago, and i purchased like 9 games last week, ordered off amazon. I never bought that many games on ps3, knee deep in games, havent went hog wild like that since the psx.

And there are still plenty of other games id get (thanks to the wiibackwards compat and gamecube remasters) and plenty of great ones on the way.

PS4/Xbox1 literally has nothing good i can see otw, nothing ground breaking anyway, remasters or games you can get on ps3 anyway and cost a hell of alot more..

Wii ULTIMA!

nix wrote: »
    AS Mr Knight said, best console by far, especially if you're into gameplay, i got mine like two weeks ago, and i purchased like 9 games last week, ordered off amazon. I never bought that many games on ps3, knee deep in games, havent went hog wild like that since the psx.

And there are still plenty of other games id get (thanks to the wiibackwards compat and gamecube remasters) and plenty of great ones on the way.

PS4/Xbox1 literally has nothing good i can see otw, nothing ground breaking anyway, remasters or games you can get on ps3 anyway and cost a hell of alot more..

Wii ULTIMA!
    i cant bring myself to play the xbox one... thats saying something considering i bought console for 500 300 on an astro a 50 headset and 160 on a scuf one controller

i am actually very tempted to sell the xbox one and gear and invest heavily on a pc capable of gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Aonuma had some interesting things to say about the next Zelda:

"When I was talking back about making Zelda more than just a single-player experience? That’s something you will see in the future, maybe next year."

The comment was in relation to a discussion about the co-op play in Hyrule Warriors. It would be interesting to see how they fit that in with a proper Zelda game, but the single player will and should always be the main focus.

But Zelda is single player game. Or maybe that's just because I want it to be. I couldn't play Four Swords on the GBA because I didn't know anyone else with a GBA that I could arrange to play it with so that was a waste of space on the cart, including the extra room in LttP that was only opened if you finished Four Swords.

Does anyone know if this is going to be released over here?
    I did a quick Google search, but not really any info..
    http://www.play-asia.com/monster-hunter-frontier-g5-premium-package-paOS-13-49-en-70-7qzb.html

Ua9MXPc.jpg?1

Apparently the letter G means that it's compatible with a wide range of platforms

No information about it anywhere, not even in Wikipedia..:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, there seems to be precious little information out there on it.
    It seems to be a mmorpg based in the MH universe.
    Judging by the previous titles there maybe cross platform play.
    It is a separate spin off to the main franchise which currently is at MH4 on the 3DS.

I think unless stated, it's probably safe to say that it will only get a Japanese release.
    They get some cool games..

I just checked in the list of Wii U games and it has a Japanese Release date, and TBA for Europe and North America. So does G6....
    ...But so does Dragon Quest X, and afaik that is not going to be released over here.

It seems every Japan-Only game gets followed with a "Rumoured possible release for Europe and N. America".
    Realistically, we'll probably have to wait for someone to find a region unlock method and play them in Japanese. Or some other method.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Nollog

Allyall wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is going to be released over here?
    I did a quick Google search, but not really any info..
    http://www.play-asia.com/monster-hunter-frontier-g5-premium-package-paOS-13-49-en-70-7qzb.html

Ua9MXPc.jpg?1

Apparently the letter G means that it's compatible with a wide range of platforms

No information about it anywhere, not even in Wikipedia..:confused:

Frontier doesn't sell as well as the other ports over here I remember reading before, so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just saw that Mario Kart 8 has sold 2 million copies in the past month, very good numbers for a "failed underpowered console" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

I'm currently in London, moved over 2 months ago, but my Wii U in sitting at home in Ireland!! What makes it worse is that i have Mario Kart 8 sitting here beside me unopened!!

Just wondering if there's a way to register the console online as I wont be home before July 31st in order to claim the free game that game with Mario Kart??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Mudlan wrote: »
    I'm currently in London, moved over 2 months ago, but my Wii U in sitting at home in Ireland!! What makes it worse is that i have Mario Kart 8 sitting here beside me unopened!!

Just wondering if there's a way to register the console online as I wont be home before July 31st in order to claim the free game that game with Mario Kart??

If there is someone at home that can open it you just need them to send you the Club Nintendo code inside Mario Kart 8 and you will be able to claim your free game when you register that online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Mudlan wrote: »

Yeah. You get the option when you register on the Club Nintendo website. You just need the scratch card.

So looks like Iwata has been reelected as president.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

i cant bring myself to play the xbox one... thats saying something considering i bought console for 500 300 on an astro a 50 headset and 160 on a scuf one controller

i am actually very tempted to sell the xbox one and gear and invest heavily on a pc capable of gaming

Last year my plan initially was to buy Xbox One. I think I was one of the few to whom their multimedia box in the living room pitch sounded kind of cool. Then I got distracted by the Amazon flash sales and got the Wii U as a tide-me-over.

7 months later, I'm also thinking of going the pc route to cover the gaps left by the Wii U. I've a load of games on Steam, including going a bit crazy in the current sales so it makes sense in terms of using that content. From E3 2014, Nintendo continue to have the console exclusives that I’m interested in. Thinking of going self-build.

And i recently got a bit of time with and Xbox one and Forza. Meh.

Was in Newry and Portadown today, so decided to see if I could take advantage of some of these on HUKD

None of those were found, but I did manage to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on sale for £15 and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed for £10 both in GAME in Buttercrane Centre in Newry.
    Nothing worth mentioning anywhere else (that I saw).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Allyall wrote: »
    Was in Newry and Portadown today, so decided to see if I could take advantage of some of these on HUKD

None of those were found, but I did manage to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on sale for £15 and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed for £10 both in GAME in Buttercrane Centre in Newry.
    Nothing worth mentioning anywhere else (that I saw).

MH3U just arrived in the post this morning too, €20 + postage from that CeX website. Took a week to arrive but happy to save a few quid on it. Now to find time to play it.

It was the 2nd last one in the store, the last one was used and was £28.
    I don't know, but I'm guessing it was more expensive because it was bought individually from a customer.

lads im looking for DK tropical freeze for a reasonable price.. any ideas?

Has anybody tried this controller?
    Only one review..
    It's identical, So identical, it looks like they just blacked out the Wii U logo.
    They get pretty decent reviews in most of their other products..

Worth the £14.26?
    RC9aMpj.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm actually amazed they're allowed sell that. It's an exact replica! It's nearly like they source them from the same factory prior to WiiU being printed.

Advertisement