Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

lads im looking for DK tropical freeze for a reasonable price.. any ideas?

Watch CEX I suppose.
    It looks amazing, bloody tough though.
    Plays like it's Wii/3ds predecessor but the animation is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Watch CEX I suppose.
    It looks amazing, bloody tough though.
    Plays like it's Wii/3ds predecessor but the animation is amazing.

I bought it on launch and still haven't opened it. I'm a couple of hours into Windwaker. Beautiful game. Really savouring it.

Between that and Mario kart 8 I've no time for Donkey Kong yet which is sad as I'm a huge fan of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I bought it on launch and still haven't opened it. I'm a couple of hours into Windwaker. Beautiful game. Really savouring it.

Between that and Mario kart 8 I've no time for Donkey Kong yet which is sad as I'm a huge fan of the series.
    name your price.... ;)

you can keep the club nintendo points too already registered it. its a beautiful game but as tough as my wifes pork chops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

name your price.... ;)

you can keep the club nintendo points too already registered it. its a beautiful game but as tough as my wifes pork chops :D

Oh it'll be played. Probably play it after Zelda just to mix up genres a bit.

My problem at the minute like a lot I'm sure is being too spoilt for choice. Between the Wii U, 360 and Vita I have quite the backlog that I'm adding too way faster than I'm getting to play. It's gotten so bad that I'm 100% certain I won't be buying a PS4 until at least 2015. I can afford it but I just can't justify it.

Oh it'll be played. Probably play it after Zelda just to mix up genres a bit.

My problem at the minute like a lot I'm sure is being too spoilt for choice. Between the Wii U, 360 and Vita I have quite the backlog that I'm adding too way faster than I'm getting to play. It's gotten so bad that I'm 100% certain I won't be buying a PS4 until at least 2015. I can afford it but I just can't justify it.
    lol know the feeling, I found it anyways...

the wii u is by far the best console on the market absolutely loving it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,643 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

More Mario Kart for me now. I seem to be better at this one than previous ones, din't really know why.

Despite owning nearly all of them, i've always been crap at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,643 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

More Mario Kart for me now. I seem to be better at this one than previous ones, din't really know why.

Despite owning nearly all of them, i've always been crap at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I always want to grab every game on each page, loving the artwork, and the graphics in the screenshots etc..
    One thing I have never noticed up until now,was the covers for the games that are due out next year, aren't the real covers...
    I don't know how I never realised it before, guess I wasn't paying attention.

4144Rdg%2Bx7L._AA160_.jpg413bGHnaM5L._AA160_.jpg41FOpLQJFKL._AA160_.jpg41C%2BL2vzRsL._AA160_.jpg51aX8KTtoDL._AA160_.jpg
    41cWl7g25WL._AA160_.jpg31pfVEVO-TL._AA160_.jpg511lHN8%2BgLL._AA160_.jpg51zPBpntc%2BL._AA160_.jpg41blDtCrBIL._AA160_.jpg

And so on. There's a fair few more.

How did I not notice that before? It's just the names/logo on a cover..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Allyall wrote: »
    I always want to grab every game on each page, loving the artwork, and the graphics in the screenshots etc..
    One thing I have never noticed up until now,was the covers for the games that are due out next year, aren't the real covers...

4144Rdg%2Bx7L._AA160_.jpg413bGHnaM5L._AA160_.jpg41FOpLQJFKL._AA160_.jpg41C%2BL2vzRsL._AA160_.jpg51aX8KTtoDL._AA160_.jpg
    41cWl7g25WL._AA160_.jpg31pfVEVO-TL._AA160_.jpg511lHN8%2BgLL._AA160_.jpg51zPBpntc%2BL._AA160_.jpg41blDtCrBIL._AA160_.jpg

What_You_Talkin_Bout_Willis_Picture.jpg

Each page of what? :confused:

Andrew76 wrote: »

Each page of what? :confused:

Yeah, I must've been in one of those "It's late, and I've been browsing all night..(I'm going off my rocker)" moods.. Don't know why I posted that.. :o

I had been looking at games for ages trying to see what my next buy(s) will be, going to different sites, watching gameplay videos.
    I'm like a kid in a sweetshop. I want every single one. Hypnotised by the colours and the sounds.

I kept seeing the covers of the above games on different sites, but never realised they were just white/plain covers with the logo slapped on them.

• Advertisement

the worrying thing for my wallet is ill be buying all those games apart from marioparty

Yeah, I must've been in one of those "It's late, and I've been browsing all night..(I'm going off my rocker)" moods.. Don't know why I posted that.. :o

I had been looking at games for ages trying to see what my next buy(s) will be, going to different sites, watching gameplay videos.
    I'm like a kid in a sweetshop. I want every single one. Hypnotised by the colours and the sounds.

I kept seeing the covers of the above games on different sites, but never realised they were just white/plain covers with the logo slapped on them.

Ah ok now I get ya. :D
    the worrying thing for my wallet is ill be buying all those games apart from marioparty

Tis a great time to be a Wii-U owner alright. Excellent bunch of quality titles out now and more coming. I was thinking the same as yourself looking at the list of games above - it's going to be expensive! I'll definitely be getting Zelda, Yoshi and Zenoblade, probably Mario Maker too. Then there's Bayonetta 2 later this year I think, not sure I can resist that especially if we're getting the first one free with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's all about pacing yourself.
    One game a month should do it.
    Plus there's the Eshop stuff to buy and 3rd party stuff, hopefully, from Ubisoft.
    Yeah, it's not so bad being WiiU owner.
    Thing to keep in mind is, if you are in the habit of gaming at all there's a limit to how many games you can buy and play, no sense having 20 games a month appearing on your fave console if you haven't the time to play them all.
    And how many of those are likely to be AAA releases at that?
    So, I think we're doing OK.

Plus, there's all the 3DS games I have to buy too, not to mention the back catalogue of 360/PS3/Vita/Wii and 3DS/DS titles to play as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

its a beautiful game but as tough as my wifes pork chops :D

I do so hope, for your sake and hers, that that isn't a euphemism

Banjo wrote: »
    I do so hope, for your sake and hers, that that isn't a euphemism
    my old doc martins had soles more tender than her pork chops :D

i cant complain though she loves my wii u and loves smile on my face while im playing mario oh the childhood memories of my nintendo consoles come flooding back :)

I just bought Mario Kart 8 from Grainger Games for £49.99 (€62).
    I wasn't going to get it for a while, as I am pretty sure it will cut into all of my other games times :D, but when I saw the limited edition, for roughly the same price it was in Smyths at launch, I had to.. :) + €3.50 Parcel Motel.

I'm after checking whether or not it's worth it, compared to other prices for it online - seems to be just slightly below average brand new.
    But there are some crazy asking prices on Ebay and Amazon. Anyone that pays them, deserve to lose their money.
    The Steelbook edition is €90 from the official seller. But it's over £150stg on Ebay as "RARE".. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I can now general discuss: I have a Wii U. That Gamestop summer sale deal was too tempting. Mario Kart 8 is a delight, as one would expect.

I hadn't registered anything to Club Nintendo for a while - when did they introduce those annoying surveys for all registrations :(

I can now general discuss: I have a Wii U. That Gamestop summer sale deal was too tempting. Mario Kart 8 is a delight, as one would expect.

I hadn't registered anything to Club Nintendo for a while - when did they introduce those annoying surveys for all registrations :(

It's been a feature now for quite a while.
    If it's been that long since you've registered anything you've probably missed out on a ton of free stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ah it has only been a year or two. Last thing I ordered were Kid Icarus AR cards.

It's been a feature now for quite a while.
    If it's been that long since you've registered anything you've probably missed out on a ton of free stuff.
    i have 7000 0DD Points but nothing i want :(

• Advertisement

The Ball Game and Watch is awesome, got it myself

Pain in the neck those surveys are. According to the website the console registers once you link your nnid with club nintendo or something. I thought I'd get the 1000 points automatically but instead had to go into the list of registered games/systems, I then had an option to claim the points. Just in case you were wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭nix

The Ball Game and Watch is awesome, got it myself

Where are these? I only see mostly crap to buy with the stars :(

And the points cards you can get, where can you spend them?

They really could/should do a better job of laying it all out.

It's there alright, for 7500 stars.
    It's a reproduction of the original Game and Watch, Ball.
    Or, just hang onto them until something you really would like turns up.
    There was a lovely Luigis Mansion diorama for sale for a while, also some reproduced Mario Kart trophies.

It's there alright, for 7500 stars.
    It's a reproduction of the original Game and Watch, Ball.
    Or, just hang onto them until something you really would like turns up.
    There was a lovely Luigis Mansion diorama for sale for a while, also some reproduced Mario Kart trophies.

Oh i taught you were speaking of two different things, one of them being a watch, as in for your wrist to tell the time. How often do they update/change the catalog?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Every now again they have good stuff up there, i got the gold Zelda Statue, the game and watch ball and the Mario diorama. Its a bit annoying though that you can only register a couple of the same console, ive setup 2 accounts on it so far and have to setup a third now to register another 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

keithgeo wrote: »
    I got the gold Zelda Statue

I hate you. :'(

I'd saved up star points for ages for that, only to miss out as they ran out. :'(
    So I splurged star points for Wii points, then they brought it back!!!
    Saved up again, it went, again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm presuming you can spend the wii pts through the wii u wii app and play the games through it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You can indeed.

• Advertisement

Wow wow wow wooow...

What wii app?

Advertisement