Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Oh yeah, I forgot EA have a problem with Ninty. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chenhao_89

Just let you guys know amazon.co.uk is selling Luigi's Mansion 2:Dark Moon (Nintendo 3DS) for £20.10.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh yeah, I forgot EA have a problem with Ninty. Oh well.

I suppose you can play Dead Space Extraction from the Wii and pretend it's a WiiU game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I heard its a good on-rails game so maybe i'll give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice Article on Kotaku: The Wii U Review - 20 Months Later.

http://kotaku.com/wii-u-review-update-20-months-later-1601718713

Now it's a must-have console, no question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Mr E wrote: »
    Nice Article on Kotaku: The Wii U Review - 20 Months Later.

http://kotaku.com/wii-u-review-update-20-months-later-1601718713

Now it's a must-have console, no question.

Its amazing to think a console that has been out just over what a year and a half has had the amount of critisim that it has.

I'll admit the marketing was piss poor. People still to this day dont know what a Wii U is. I spoke to friend of a friend on the weekend. He has a huge NES and Snes collection. The guy loves his old school Nintendo console. He currently has a PS4 also so he's not exclusively an old school guy. I told him I couldnt be bother with the PS4 just yet and he said why. I told him I was playing the Wii U mainly assuming he'd know what it was. Nope. Hadnt a clue. After talking to me he said he'd get one which doesnt surprise me as he loves old nintendo stuff. But he thought it was still the old Wii. Terrible. :rolleyes:

I'll also admit it took a while for the catalogue to grow but what console doesnt. I'm looking at the PS4 and XboxOne a few months in and neither have shown me anything remotely interseting to play yet. Most of the half interesting games like Destiny for example are coming out on last gen consoles as well. I'll be getting it on 360 personally.

Wii U imo has by far and away the best line up of the three current gen consoles. I know the current gen stamp I give the Wii U is up for debate but tell me that after you've looked at the likes of Super Mario 3D World or Pikmin, Mario Kart 8 or DK Tropical Freeze. All of which are just mouth wateringly beautiful to look at.

I'm not going to say I think its terrible that people havent bought it as its a disaster and it'll sink the Wii U. I dont think thats a reality. I think it'll continue for the next few years no matter what. What I do however this is a real shame is that people wont experience the wonder that is this console. There are some genuinely amazing games on it. People will look back at this console in years to come very like an unheard of musician or artist and only appreciate it then. Tis a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Loving the fact that people are online in fifa13 on wiiu, hope it doesn't dry up after the World Cup....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why is Tropical Freeze so damn hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Why is Tropical Freeze so damn hard?

Is it really that hard? :pac: I was really pleased with the difficulty level in the game. It's difficult but fair, I always felt when I died it was my fault and not the game just being frustrating. I never got all the puzzle pieces, may go back and get them sometime. I got all the letters and finished all the levels.

I'm on the owl boss that fires feathers, eggs and ice boulders at you.
    A proper pain in the proverbials he is!
    Looks amazing though.

So, anyone looking forward to Wii Sports Club tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,774 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Looks amazing though.

Not a chance. It's a cheap and lazy port with gimped online. Another wasted opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Looks amazing though.

I'm not afraid to admit I rage sold this game! Although I regret it now I was only one world from the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone spot any details on where we might be able to get the special edition of bayonetta 2 here yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Anyone spot any details on where we might be able to get the special edition of bayonetta 2 here yet?

From THIS ARTICLE
    Due to that vagueness we've been in touch with Nintendo UK to understand the European picture, and it's actually been confirmed that there'll be two different physical retail offerings in the region, as opposed to the one option confirmed for North America. There will be a version without the first game, and another with both titles on separate discs, within the same packaging. As for the eShop, rather than the discount promised in North America, there's simply no announcement on details for Europe as yet. A summary of the three options is below, via Nintendo UK:
    1) Bayonetta 2 solus
    2) Bayonetta 1 + Bayonetta 2 (2 discs in one packaging)
    3) The digital versions available in the Nintendo eShop in Europe will be sold separately
    No additional announcements have been made at this time

And here is a list of the regional releases known so far - http://www.giantbomb.com/bayonetta-2/3030-39764/releases/

Although, no info as to where they'll be sold yet.

I just saw this.. :( - Gutted. I am really looking forward to this, It probably won't be until at least February now.. I hope not later.

Wii U Version Of Project CARS Drops To The Back Of The Starting Grid
    Delayed until 2015
    Bandai Namco has confirmed today that the Wii U version of Project CARS won't see the light of day until next year.
    The Nintendo version was expected to launch alongside the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One editions in November, but developer Slightly Mad Games has so far shown no footage of the game running on Wii U — although it has repeatedly assured fans that it will shape up well when compared to the other versions.
    The game has been in development since 2011, and Slightly Mad recently dropped support for the proposed PS3 and 360 versions. This isn't the first time we've seen a high-profile Wii U release get pushed back — Ubisoft famously delayed Watch Dogs until later this year, launching all other versions as planned in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Allyall wrote: »
    I just saw this.. :( - Gutted. I am really looking forward to this, It probably won't be until at least February now.. I hope not later.

Wii U Version Of Project CARS Drops To The Back Of The Starting Grid

Ah b*ll*x!!!

Have been looking forward to this!

Amazon's preorder page says "Bayonetta comes packed in with the purchase of every retail packaged version of Bayonetta 2." So you could always point to their preorder price guarantee in the future if they try to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nutsnboltz1

Re Bayonetta: I can't wait for this game I've never played the first one so hopefully I'll enjoy it :) This is how all other developers should have released their series on Wii U instead of giving us gimped ports with little to no backstory or context and then whinging that their games aren't selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Nollog

Although, no info as to where they'll be sold yet.

:( thats what I've been looking for though.
    I had to cancel my zavvi pre-order as they confirmed it's just the standard edition, had a great price too.
    abbir wrote: »
    Amazon's preorder page says "Bayonetta comes packed in with the purchase of every retail packaged version of Bayonetta 2." So you could always point to their preorder price guarantee in the future if they try to change it.

I'll have a go at that, but I haven't paid £40 for a wii u game ever.

I'll have a go at that, but I haven't paid £40 for a wii u game ever.

Technically it's 2 games :) :P .. But GAME website says the same (Amazon is cheaper).
    So they are probably the normal edition.
    I'm guessing a Special edition release will contain a figurine or Gun or something..

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    No I want a retail copy. If Nintendo hadn't released the Wii U with such a gimped, small harddrive I wouldn't mind downloading it but alas.

You can expand the memory space with a USB harddrive.

abbir wrote: »
    You can expand the memory space with a USB harddrive.

Another joke on Nintendo's part. Stingy b*st*rds expect me to fork out another €80 to get a decent harddrive, because of this I've not bought much from the eShop. Look at Sony and Microsoft, they've included proper harddrives on their platforms. It's ridiculous the crap Nintendo pull. I refuse to buy a harddrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Another joke on Nintendo's part. Stingy b*st*rds expect me to fork out another €80 to get a decent harddrive, because of this I've not bought much from the eShop. Look at Sony and Microsoft, they've included proper harddrives on their platforms. It's ridiculous the crap Nintendo pull. I refuse to buy a harddrive.

I have a white Wii U myself picked it up for extremely cheap on one of the things for sale pages on Facebook.

8GB is full with just updates i think ?. 400MB free on the WII U or something stupid like that.

I have a 16GB USB for the hard drive but the only good thing you can say about the WII U is that you can use anything from a SD card, USB and a ex hard drive as your hard drive for your WII U is quite good as you can have a fairly good size Hard drive for very little money.

Consdeirng on the xbox one you cant change the hard drive at all and you will be stuck with just 500GB for the life time you have the console for. At lest on the PS4 you can get any slim 2.5 inch drive and use that as your hard drive just like the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - for about 200 quid more. Damn decent of them alright

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

In fairness they explained their policy on that long ago and I think it's fair enough to be honest. Most people have usb keys or hardrives, it would have affected other parts of the system in quality or increasing of the price had they included a much bigger hardrive when they are accessible and owned by a lot of people anyway in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Corholio wrote: »
    In fairness they explained their policy on that long ago and I think it's fair enough to be honest. Most people have usb keys or hardrives, it would have affected other parts of the system in quality or increasing of the price had they included a much bigger hardrive when they are accessible and owned by a lot of people anyway in the first place.

Yup I don't get the anger here at all. Think it's moaning for the sake of it tbh. If you don't like it buy a damn hard drive. They're not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Agree, you could say the stingy b@stards never included a psu with the XL. It gave people the option of buying a console at a cheaper price point, no point bitching about it if you didn't do your homework.

Sony and Microsoft supplied a cráppy little controller with their consoles, and it doesn't even have a screen! :pac:

Yup I don't get the anger here at all. Think it's moaning for the sake of it tbh. If you don't like it buy a damn hard drive. They're not expensive.

Show me a decent harddrive for under preferably €50 please? I would want a USB powered harddrive. For the Wii U I've the Wii U console plug, the gamepad charger, the TV, a powerline adapter(again thank you Nintendo for utterly $h1t€ wifi), not to mention all the other electrical equipment. Some day this house will burn down because of overloaded sockets.

I like to hear Nintendo's reasoning again for a stingy harddrive, I forget what they said? It's usually bs, I'm sorry, I'm a huge Nintendo only fan but I've grown weary of their constant mistakes.

• Advertisement

Sony and Microsoft supplied a cráppy little controller with their consoles, and it doesn't even have a screen! :pac:

Really? Most people have said the gamepad is the noose around the Wii U's neck.

Advertisement