Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My 2 official Wii U controllers arrived today. Hope to god these don't go pear shaped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

:confused:

Yeah, me too!

I was going to remind people of Super Metroid via the WiiU as something they am need to do, now.
    Also, sell a kidney and buy Metroid Prime trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm sure i've seen the clock somewhere before? But I thought it was a Pyramid.

Preview of the Special Editions of Hyrule Warriors in Japan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pullblox World is great but difficult at times. And the wife is delighted that she's found a game she's better than me on :(

Are there any Brick and Mortar shops selling Wii Sports Club in Dublin?

Pullblox World is great but difficult at times. And the wife is delighted that she's found a game she's better than me on :(
    I still haven't downloaded that. :o:o:o

It looks great, but I started playing the original Tomb Raider on my PC.. I love that game.

I'll be definitely getting pullblox world before August. It looks amazing. Is there DLC?
    I was reading about it on a few sites, and I thought I saw somebody saying something about downloading new puzzles/levels. But when I went back later to re-read it, I couldn't find any reference to anything like that anywhere.
    Not that it matters, I just thought I saw it...

Smyths Toys?

Allyall wrote: »
    I still haven't downloaded that. :o:o:o

It looks great, but I started playing the original Tomb Raider on my PC.. I love that game.

I'll be definitely getting pullblox world before August. It looks amazing. Is there DLC?
    I was reading about it on a few sites, and I thought I saw somebody saying something about downloading new puzzles/levels. But when I went back later to re-read it, I couldn't find any reference to anything like that anywhere.
    Not that it matters, I just thought I saw it...

Smyths Toys?

There's an editor and uploader in pullbox, you can download other users creations. There's some DLC there too yes but the user created content is nothing short of amazing.

There's an editor and uploader in pullbox, you can download other users creations. There's some DLC there too yes but the user created content is nothing short of amazing.

Aaahh.. Even better! :)

Some people are excellent at designing levels in games.. Mine always end up tripe.. :( - But it doesn't stop me trying :D.

Staying in this weekend, so I'm going to have my own Wii U fest, Pullblox included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Smyths is the only place I've seen physical copies.

Smyths is the only place I've seen physical copies.

Yeah I was in a few Gamestops and they had no idea there was a physical release out...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really really love this activity log in wii u. By the looks of it I got 45h activity out of wii u already. Considering less then 5h is Netflix it's,pretty impressive. 29h out of it is MH3 :pac: really fun to see how much you played om one or another day. Looks like I have not played only on one day since I got it.

Such a little feature, but so cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Until a few months down the line and you see how much time you've spent on your Wii U, while denying you have an addiction. :)

I bought NFS Most Wanted today from CEX for €18. I was unsure, and after reading this review, and with Project CARS being put back a bit, i decided to go for it.
    They gave me a new club nintendo registration card with it. Handy to know that CEX do that, I never knew that before.
    When I bought MH3U from Game, they didn't give me one. I didn't mind, but was happy to see I got one from CEX today.

:eek:
    The Wii U version of the game also includes full Miiverse integration, which is the first for a third-party game on Wii U. The game also includes three secret vehicles which are exclusive to the Wii U version, all which allude to the Mario franchise characters Mario, Peach, and Yoshi. These secret vehicles can each be accessed via hidden entrances, shaped like the iconic Warp Pipes from the series, on various tracks. Finding all the secret vehicles unlocks secret license plates which further confirm the allusion of these characters.[24]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I bought NFS Most Wanted today from CEX for €18. I was unsure, and after reading this review, and with Project CARS being put back a bit, i decided to go for it.
    They gave me a new club nintendo registration card with it. Handy to know that CEX do that, I never knew that before.
    When I bought MH3U from Game, they didn't give me one. I didn't mind, but was happy to see I got one from CEX today.

Which branch did you buy it from?

sligeach wrote: »
    Which branch did you buy it from?

Santry.

I really really love this activity log in wii u. By the looks of it I got 45h activity out of wii u already. Considering less then 5h is Netflix it's,pretty impressive. 29h out of it is MH3 :pac: really fun to see how much you played om one or another day. Looks like I have not played only on one day since I got it.

Such a little feature, but so cool!

In your professional opinion sir, is it better/worse than 3DS version? Considering getting it. The eshop demo is a bit meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Deano7788 wrote: »

Damn I was looking forward to that game aswell. The rest of the year line up is incredibly dry

• Advertisement

In your professional opinion sir, is it better/worse than 3DS version? Considering getting it. The eshop demo is a bit meh

Monster hunter? It's waaaaaaaaaaaay better then 3ds version.
    First of all, I might be an eye candy whore, but wii u versions enhanced visuals actually help. I notice a lot more resources and details in world that I never noticed in 3ds version.
    it's hard to get the feel of dread when you fight big monster on tiny screen. When you play on a big Tv, you really say "oh ****, this is going to be bad". When I first met rathian ( the monster I pretty much steam roll on 3ds at this point) I almost pooped my pants. All monsters and gear have extra details too, which make it look and feel a lot better.
    Wii u tablet controller is just god sent. You can pin point items you need for each situation. You don't need to scroll all inventory for that hot drink, then look for antidote, scroll for sharpening stone and then finally set it back to mega potion. You just press icon on a screen and just keep your most used/important item at hotkey.

The monster hunter demo does a horrible representation of what monster hunter games are about. I would not take that as a benchmark.

*Oh yeah, on top of everything it has online multiplayer, which is a lot of fun. you will need to start off with someone though as most people already very high rank. When people say that they are serious about Monster hunter games, they count their play time in thousands, not hundreds of hours :pac:

Nothing really new here, I just like the article, and it may be handy for someone looking for a new game.

I don't agree with the order or the game ratings, but I do think all (or most of them) are worth purchasing.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/what-are-the-best-wii-u-games

Nothing really new here, I just like the article, and it may be handy for someone looking for a new game.

I don't agree with the order or the game ratings, but I do think all (or most of them) are worth purchasing.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/what-are-the-best-wii-u-games

That article is full of fail. Sure all the good games are mentioned but some are down at the 3.5 stars and some deserve no place at all on that list. At least 4 of the games rated 4 are wrong. Sonic Lost World is a broken mess, 63 on Metacritic. Wii Fit U, 4.5? I don't think so. It's not even a game. Just Dance 2014? Rubbish.

Then Rayman Legends, Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Tekken are lumped in with best of the rest at 3.5. Ridiculous. They're better than that and most of those 3.5 games are turds. Rayman Legends is a phenomenal platformer.

sligeach wrote: »
    That article is full of fail. Sure all the good games are mentioned but some are down at the 3.5 stars and some deserve no place at all on that list. At least 4 of the games rated 4 are wrong. Sonic Lost World is a broken mess, 63 on Metacritic. Wii Fit U, 4.5? I don't think so. It's not even a game. Just Dance 2014? Rubbish.

Then Rayman Legends, Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Tekken are lumped in with best of the rest at 3.5. Ridiculous. They're better than that and most of those 3.5 games are turds. Rayman Legends is a phenomenal platformer.

That list had Monster hunter 3.5 Stars. We all know its 12/10. Article is bull****! :pac:

That list had Monster hunter 3.5 Stars. We all know its 12/10. Article is bull****! :pac:

QFT. Instant Fail on their part. Must try harder. For me MH3U is the best game on Wii U.

I don't agree with any of the ratings, but it mentioned a game or two that may be overseen.
    In hindsight, I probably should've just made a list myself.
    I just liked the way they were listed.

I dislike game rating sites, and usually avoid them, as I prefer my own opinion, but this appeared wile I was searching for something else.

- Sidenote, has anyone played Super Toy Cars?

It looks like Micromachines, even the menu, and I like the track editor, thinking of buying it, just going think about it for a bit, as I'm buying pushmo World tomorrow with a couple of others.
    I can remember playing MM for hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

NFS is a great game alright, see if you can bet some of my huge jumps!
    You'll be sick of seeing my face on billboards in that game ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Hate Munster Hunter myself haveint played the wii u one but had it on the 3DS and i gave up on it as it was just so boring to play and was probably the worst game on the 3DS

Another friend of mine hated munster hunter on the Wii U as he just found it boring and stupid.

Not even for free would you get me to play the new one when its out !!!

Hate Munster Hunter myself haveint played the wii u one but had it on the 3DS and i gave up on it as it was just so boring to play and was probably the worst game on the 3DS

Another friend of mine hated munster hunter on the Wii U as he just found it boring and stupid.

Did both of you tried Demos or full games. If full games did you actually passed the boring tutorial part of it and actually did proper hunting?

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    NFS is a great game alright, see if you can bet some of my huge jumps!
    You'll be sick of seeing my face on billboards in that game ;)

I haven't had the chance to play it yet.. But I'll keep an eye out :)

Some find it tough to get into for sure, but when you know how to play it...
    Wow..

My Nephew had a go of the demo, that was his only attempt. He has just decided it's crap.
    I thought that would be a good thing, as he destroyed my Wii when he lived in my house when he was younger.

But... he discovered MK8.. mad.png
    Gangs of his friends trashing my front room on their way back from park/beach.. I'm tempted to sell it (MK8). pacman.gif

Advertisement