Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Did both of you tried Demos or full games. If full games did you actually passed the boring tutorial part of it and actually did proper hunting?
    Allyall wrote: »
    I haven't had the chance to play it yet.. But I'll keep an eye out :)

Some find it tough to get into for sure, but when you know how to play it...
    Wow..

My Nephew had a go of the demo, that was his only attempt. He has just decided it's crap.

Played about 15 hours on the 3DS one and just didn't like it at all it wasint that i couldn't get into it i just didn't find it a fun game to play. Like i love other loot games like borderlands and Dabilo and play the odd RPG that has a good bit of grinding in it but this wasint for me i just didn't like the play style at all and the fighting was meh to me and the underwater fighting was the worst part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played about 15 hours on the 3DS one and just didn't like it at all it wasint that i couldn't get into it i just didn't find it a fun game to play. Like i love other loot games like borderlands and Dabilo and play the odd RPG that has a good bit of grinding in it but this wasint for me i just didn't like the play style at all and the fighting was meh to me and the underwater fighting was the worst part of it.

Well, like I said, its a hard game to recommend. I think it would be called Mermite. Some people just completely fall in love with it and others just hate it. I will just note that 15h in MH3 will let you see about 2% of actual game! ;)

Well, like I said, its a hard game to recommend. I think it would be called Mermite. Some people just completely fall in love with it and others just hate it. I will just note that 15h in MH3 will let you see about 2% of actual game! ;)

It was my mermite you might say i had only seen 2% of the game but i just think borderlands 2 is twice the game munster hunter 3 will ever be as its just more fun and rewarding in my books as one its extremely funny, great story and its over the top. But munster hunter is a good game but its not for me.

Thinks to the Mario Kart 8 free games i picked up Sonic lost worlds now that is a extremely poor game. Sonic just doisnt fell he moves fast at all. But it is a bit better then Sonic 06 anyway haha.

It was my mermite you might say i had only seen 2% of the game but i just think borderlands 2 is twice the game munster hunter 3 will ever be as its just more fun and rewarding in my books as one its extremely funny, great story and its over the top. But munster hunter is a good game but its not for me.

Thinks to the Mario Kart 8 free games i picked up Sonic lost worlds now that is a extremely poor game. Sonic just doisnt fell he moves fast at all. But it is a bit better then Sonic 06 anyway haha.

In fairness MH3 is very a completely different game to Borderlands games, I cant even compare it to Diablo series. If you look at it as hack slash and loot, then you a bit missing the point about it.

Managing your resources and crafting is a huge part of the game. there are no loot drops as such, just raw resources.

Then again, I completely understand why people dont like MH3. Though It has nothing to do with Borderlands/Diablo games, even if I do reference it as a loot whore game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What is with people's hatred of munster people? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I don't know but I feel greatly insulted! And also now fearing for my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

FlEfEf9.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Hate Munster Hunter myself haveint played the wii u one but had it on the 3DS and i gave up on it as it was just so boring to play and was probably the worst game on the 3DS

Another friend of mine hated munster hunter on the Wii U as he just found it boring and stupid.

Not even for free would you get me to play the new one when its out !!!

You clearly didn't give it enough time or understand it fully if you say that you hated it. I didn't think much of it or understand it when I first played it. It's a really deep game that requires patience and patience at the start. Now it's my most played game on Wii U and it was the same on Wii. I've played well over 1,000 hours between the pair. It's Wii U's best game.

sligeach wrote: »
    You clearly didn't give it enough time or understand it fully if you say that you hated it. I didn't think much of it or understand it when I first played it. It's a really deep game that requires patience and patience at the start. Now it's my most played game on Wii U and it was the same on Wii. I've played well over 1,000 hours between the pair. It's Wii U's best game.

If what, I would compare Monster Hunter to Dark Souls series boss edition. :pac:

15 hours is a lot of time to be giving to a game if its only a interdiction to it i just wonted to go out and kill things get new weapons from drops and have a story maybe thats why i was saying it was like borderlands as borderlands its self is a hard game and you need to think about every last fight you be doing as there is no such thing as running in and going crazy with your guns as it won't work.

It just wasn't for me the idea of crafting for every good sword and armour is boring to me i just won't to go out there and kill things and work out how to pass other areas so that i can kill more things. Also there is no story in Monster hunter and i think thats one of the main reasons why i never got into the game as i like to know why i have to Kill XYX Monster. Why am i hunting Monsters and stuff like that but thats just me.

I gave the game 15 hours of my life and i didn't like it i also tried to play the ones on the PSP before and same thing didn't like them and because of this i won't play another one again.

As in my eyes there is a lot better games in my view that i could be playing on the wii u or 3DS then Monster Hunter.

• Advertisement

15 hours is a lot of time to be giving to a game if its only a interdiction to it i just wonted to go out and kill things get new weapons from drops and have a story maybe thats why i was saying it was like borderlands as borderlands its self is a hard game and you need to think about every last fight you be doing as there is no such thing as running in and going crazy with your guns as it won't work.

It just wasn't for me the idea of crafting for every good sword and armour is boring to me i just won't to go out there and kill things and work out how to pass other areas so that i can kill more things. Also there is no story in Monster hunter and i think thats one of the main reasons why i never got into the game as i like to know why i have to Kill XYX Monster. Why am i hunting Monsters and stuff like that but thats just me.

I gave the game 15 hours of my life and i didn't like it i also tried to play the ones on the PSP before and same thing didn't like them and because of this i won't play another one again.

As in my eyes there is a lot better games in my view that i could be playing on the wii u or 3DS then Monster Hunter.

If Borderlands is classified as hard, then MH3 should be classified as "THIS IS BULL****!!!NERD RAGE".
    Monster hunter games are played not for Story. They are played for challange. Its like a boss simulator. MH3 is bloody hard and unforgiving, it will kick you in the balls as soon as you drop your guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...i like to know why i have to Kill XYX Monster. Why am i hunting Monsters and stuff like that but thats just me.

Because they're monsters, and you are a monster hunter...

Because they're monsters, and you are a monster hunter...

Its like looking for plot in Mario games. You are Mario and you saving a Princess, now gogogo! :p

Its like looking for plot in Mario games. You are Mario and you saving a Princess, now gogogo! :p

But mario games are fun that's the major difference there. Mario kart is 100% fun and it's even more fun when your racing on 150cc and timing your drifting to perfect times around corners.

But in super mario land 3D it's just fantastic when you get pasted a extramly hard jump.

I just find mario games more rewarding then monster hunter

But then there is the mario RPG games as well they have story's ;)

It's like DMC gets a lot of hate but I loved it and found it extramly fun but a bit to easy on hard for DMC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Did you even look at a review of the game before playing it?

If you had watched any amount of footage or even one review you would have known starting out that it is all about the gathering of items and crafting etc.. then big boss fight without being able to rely on hack and slash "tactics"

Projared did some great videos on it. Now he's a bit of a fanboy of it but and I stress but he gave proper reasoning as to what the game was and why he liked it.

As others have said its a game that isnt for everyone but by the sounds of it you had no idea what you were getting into which is a big issue when the game only really starts after you gave up. Its a complete time sink.

I put it to you that your expectations of the game were completely off which left you feeling let down by it.

Monster Hunter is not an FPS with dinasours.

The game you were actually looking for is Turok. Personally I'd recommend Turok 2 seeds of evil. Enjoy.

Did you even look at a review of the game before playing it?

If you had watched any amount of footage or even one review you would have known starting out that it is all about the gathering of items and crafting etc.. then big boss fight without being able to rely on hack and slash "tactics"

Projared did some great videos on it. Now he's a bit of a fanboy of it but and I stress but he gave proper reasoning as to what the game was and why he liked it.

As others have said its a game that isnt for everyone but by the sounds of it you had no idea what you were getting into which is a big issue when the game only really starts after you gave up. Its a complete time sink.

I put it to you that your expectations of the game were completely off which left you feeling let down by it.

Monster Hunter is not an FPS with dinasours.

The game you were actually looking for is Turok. Personally I'd recommend Turok 2 seeds of evil. Enjoy.

Well i think monster hunter is crap its in my must hated games list and one of the worst games i have ever played in my life can we leave it at that ?. But i did know what i was getting into before i played it i was expecting grinding for stuff but not the must boring grinding ever !!!!

Just because someone dosint like it everyone gos nuts LoL

You tried it and didn't like it, so your opinion is as valid as those that love it.
    It's when people claim that much lauded games are awful without even trying them that is irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

She baked a cake for you and you need to get to the Castle to have some of the delicious cake. When you get there something seems amiss, oh no an evil koopa has kidnapped the princess and you must save her.

Does anyone really need more story than that?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah how about a back story into how Mario got his plumbing license

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

nix wrote: »
    Yeah how about a back story into how Mario got his plumbing license

I'd imagine by now he's probably lost it due to lack of use. At least he's got a lot of fall back careers! i'd love to know how he qualified as a doctor...

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'd imagine by now he's probably lost it due to lack of use. At least he's got a lot of fall back careers! i'd love to know how he qualified as a doctor...

The mushroom kingdom doctors exams are much different. You pass by tossing pills into a jar full of germs till the jar is empty. The efficiency of the pill use determines the grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

So who has wii u sports? Picked it up there. Any good for bank holiday drinking parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

rafi bomb wrote: »
    So who has wii u sports? Picked it up there. Any good for bank holiday drinking parties?

After seeing it and Dance mentioned here, I was talking to a friend of mine who has both and loves them. He said they're great, and hilarious.
    His answer was said with a lot of zeal.

I'll be getting them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Allyall wrote: »
    After seeing it and Dance mentioned here, I was talking to a friend of mine who has both and loves them. He said they're great, and hilarious.
    His answer was said with a lot of zeal.

I'll be getting them :)

I'll post a review when I give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

rafi bomb wrote: »

No don't have it and wouldn't touch it. It's bombed everywhere and with good reason too.

Didn't make UK top 40 and sold no more than 2,500 in its week of release in Japan. Nobody' talking about it. You're one of if not the first I've heard ask about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

No don't have it and wouldn't touch it. It's bombed everywhere and with good reason too.

Didn't make UK top 40 and sold no more than 2,500 in its week of release in Japan. Nobody' talking about it. You're one of if not the first I've heard ask about it.

Have you played it? If not why say with good reason?

I'm not saying it's amazing but I have played it. I like the golf most personally. Others here have said they like the tennis.

As a once every now and then drinkin game with a few mates I think it has it's place.

Ps ... Sales don't mean a game is good or bad btw. I'm playing through Enslaved on 360 at the minute. You talk about a game bombing it's a case in point. IMO though it's beautiful to look at and enjoyable to play. Hidden gem I go as far as saying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think it's great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is say it'll be a packin for sure come Christmas.
    I was going to buy it but raised realised I'd only buy it for Golf, and I can buy it seperately.
    I will pick it up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Wallpaper put on Nintendo Japan's official website to celebrate the Japanese Hanabi festival. Some websites have said that it's the first time since the game was released that they have issued Majora's Mask related artwork. Oh how you like to tease us Ninty.

zelda_majoras_mask_summer_tease.png?w=474&h=266

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I doubt I was the only one who tried to put on the MAjoras mask in link between world :,(

Advertisement