Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just started Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Only onto the second world and yup can see this one getting frustratingly hard with a pinch of one more go about it. Even the first boss took me a couple of attempts.
    Loving it so far. Typical DK rhythm platforming.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I doubt I was the only one who tried to put on the MAjoras mask in link between world :,(

I've a screenshot in miiverse with Link on the wall behind the mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Me and buddy played some MK8 the other day. We had to do Mii for him first. We decided to try out to make his Mii by taking a picture... We had not laughed so much in ages. It was just stupidly funny. We did my one too after.
    We are not sure if we look anything like these Mii's, but it was so funny that we decided to keep them!

I did the same when I was showing my sister my Wii U, because she wanted to race as her Mii. We got a great laugh out of the ridiculous faces that it came up with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Corholio wrote: »
    Oh how you like to tease us Ninty.

That is such a tease :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Seem to have lost everyone on my wii u could you add MK_Acidsnake

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My thought for the day in the world of Wii U'ing.

Bought Scram Kitty and Trine 2 last night in the sales which made me think about this.

I love having downloaded games on the wii u that you dont have to get up from your seat to insert a new disc.

I got frustrated with Donkey Kong last night and ended up playing Dr Luigi for about an hour. Got hooked. If I'd had to get off my chair I'd probably have just turned it off. Yes I am that lazy.

Currently on my downloaded game list I have:

Zelda Windwaker - free from the MarioKart download. I'm onto the water level, think its the 3rd dungeon. Taking my time. I only play it when I know I can put a couple of hours into it. I'll get there in the next few months.
    Dr Luigi (bought in sales) - Put lots of hours into this. Love it. Its no tetris but the new L mode is very very addictive.
    Tori Toki and the 2nd one (bought in sales)- I've only started the first one. Its tough but addictive.
    Castlevania - I'm very slowly making my way through it. My god games were tough back in the day.
    Ducktales (bought in sales)- finished that. Such a fun game.
    Trine 2 - (bought in sales) - looks amazing from the videos I've seen.
    Scram Kitty (bought in sales) - love the look of this on rails shooter.

I've a feeling I've left one or two off that list. But I suppose the moral of the story/thought for the day is I love owning physical copies of games dont get me wrong, I'll buy Windwaker for example at some point, but having certain games downloaded is sooooo handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In the last months of my wii's life just as I was gearing up to buying a WiiU I installed a USB multiloader and backed up all my games. I got more use out of the Wii in those months than I had in the 2 years previous. The idea that you can play a game, quit and play another without having to dig it out from under the telly, knock over a bunch of DVDs, wake the kids and have to go calm them down, then realise I'm too tired to keep playing and go to bed. Man, if I had WiiLoader working on the vWii.... why, I might finish Twilight Princess!

I can see the anti-piracy argument for Nintendo, but god damn it the Wii is a dead console and any games sales these days will be bargain basement or 2nd hand, so **** it Ninty - give us a USB backup and load util for the vWii channel that leverages the attached USB drive for backup and playback (thus using the proprietary file system and requiring original media to be present) and you can have my right testicle. (No really, I'm done with it, it's yours)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Without giving details, I believe you can do it on Wii U

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Just bought a wii U and a few games. Missed the boat on the free game with Mario Kart.

Would it be worth my while holding off on registering my console/games ti see if they do another such offer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pingi wrote: »
    Would it be worth my while holding off on registering my console/games ti see if they do another such offer?

Register away I would say. I don't see how they could bring out a similar offer and only have it apply to unregistered versions of whatever games you got. Congratulations on joining the Wii-U family by the way, you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

For anyone that has a copy of black ops 2 on wiiu, load it up for the craic. I know it's two years old but seriously, check out the update we just got on this two year old game.... You'll be on it 24/7 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I'm fighting Ganondorf in the last battle of wind waker it was a long time getting here but never once was I frustrated even though I have vowed to only play one game to completion before moving on and that was probably 2 months ago. Highly recommend it to any one. This will be the first Zelda game I've ever completed:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I was/am a bit pee'd off that that project cars was delayed, but it may well be worth it. It looks amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    I'm fighting Ganondorf in the last battle of wind waker it was a long time getting here but never once was I frustrated even though I have vowed to only play one game to completion before moving on and that was probably 2 months ago. Highly recommend it to any one. This will be the first Zelda game I've ever completed:-)
    just finished, brilliant game. Zelda games are the only games that give me goose bumps whilst playing god bless you nintendo I can't feckin wait for the new one I'd say it will be one of the best games ever made. Now back to mario Kart! Or I might turn on the ps3/4 I've a bit of a back log to catch up on there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Allyall wrote: »
    I was/am a bit pee'd off that that project cars was delayed, but it may well be worth it. It looks amazing...

Might not be the WiiU though :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Might not be the WiiU though :(

Yeah, I didn't see that initially, as I was just watching glued to the video.. :(

Hopefully it won't be too much different.

But... :D:D:D

From Here
    “We’re committed to delivering an exceptional and unique experience for racing fans on Wii U and for this we kindly ask our devoted and passionate Nintendo fans for a little more time in order to ensure the game delivers on our vision of being the most authentic, beautiful, and technically-advanced racing game on any platform.”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, you never know.
    Once they don't pull a Watchdogs and delay it until after all the other versions are out.

So, you never know.
    Once they don't pull a Watchdogs and delay it until after all the other versions are out.

That's pretty much what they said though:
    we kindly ask our devoted and passionate Nintendo fans for a little more time in order to ensure the game delivers on our vision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So, you never know.

That's what they've done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Finished the main campaign in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD last night, the first Zelda game I ever played. Have to admit I wasn't particularly impressed, the story and gameplay started to grate on me the longer the game went on. It didn't help that I don't have tons of time for gaming so it took me a few months in total to get through it. The artstyle and visuals were cool, no complaints there, it looked great in HD. But otherwise I felt a little let down by the experience, had been hoping for something more than 'only alright' for my first Zelda journey! It felt extremely same-y by the final few hours...

What should I play next, Pikmin 3 or ZombieU?

The last few hours are a problem with that one afaik.
    For a "greatest hits" of LoZ games go for Twilight Princess, it's not hard, it's got plenty to do and the bosses are a mixtape of Zelda bosses that have gone before.
    It's not to everyone's taste but I enjoyed it.
    Alternatively jump in with the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time, simply faultless.
    And you've also got Skyward Sword and Link to the Past as well, the latter is on the Eshop if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Funnily enough Wind Waker is possibly my favourite Zelda although I'm not sure why (I love them all). The HD remake has improved the triforce hunt as well. It's way shorter now.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are both really good also. Some people had a bit of an issue with the controls for Skyward Sword but the only issue I had was with bombs.

Also if you have a 3Ds I can't recommend Ocarina of Time and Link between Worlds enough.

I'd go for Pikmin over ZombiU by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

ionapaul wrote: »
    What should I play next, Pikmin 3 or ZombieU?
    That all depends - how important is skid-mark-avoidance to you? Best go for Pikmin so...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ocarina was my first Zelda and I'd say it's probably a great intro.
    Same as how I would recommend Super Metroid before Metroid Prime for anyone looking to get into Metroid games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So I now have MK8, Wind Waker, Super Mario World 3D, Monster Hunter and Pikmin, any other console exclusives I should think about picking up?

Xenji wrote: »
    So I now have MK8, Wind Waker, Super Mario World 3D, Monster Hunter and Pikmin, any other console exclusives I should think about picking up?

Wonderful101, Lego City and ZombiU are all games I found enjoyable. Also NSMU's the best in the series and really underrated. And Scram Kitty and Earthbound on the eshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Xenji wrote: »

As well as the others listed, there's also Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze. And there's Super Metroid on the eShop.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    As well as the others listed, there's also Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze.

Damn how did I forget that!

Advertisement