Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

My OH wants to get the Madden Game. Does anybody have this? Is it even possible to get it here in shop or online and would people still be playing it online (its 2013)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pingi wrote: »
    My OH wants to get the Madden Game. Does anybody have this? Is it even possible to get it here in shop or online and would people still be playing it online (its 2013)

Thanks

I have got Madden 25 for the PS4, got it for like €12 quid used, not many play it anymore and this years installment is coming out this month, Madden 13 never came out in the EU though for the Wii U and Madden 25 did not come out at all on the U and neither is Madden 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nothing new here, but just a montage of current and upcoming Wii U games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nothing new here, but just a montage of current and upcoming Wii U games

if nintendo just had the 3rd party I would never need another home console again

So rumour has it another remaster is on its way
    http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/14/rumour-claims-nintendo-is-working-on-a-remaster-for-2015/

Let the speculation begin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/14/rumour-claims-nintendo-is-working-on-a-remaster-for-2015/

I would love another zelda title to be remastered, but i have doubts its gonna be another zelda after the windwaker hd. maybe a mario Game remastered?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I would love 1080 Snowboarding, Mother, F-Zero X or Banjo-Kazooie. I reckon though it will be a Fire Emblem game or a Metroid game, and as long shots Perfect Dark, Eternal Darkness, Paper Mario or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Super Mario Sunshine is a likely candidate. I would love Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, though I would say only the first one would be made.

Maybe that's what Retro's working on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Super Mario Sunshine is a likely candidate. I would love Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, though I would say only the first one would be made.

Maybe that's what Retro's working on

Wasn't there already some sort of talk about Metroid Prime Trilogy being remastered? A few months ago?
    A developer or somebody from Nintendo mentioned it in an interview? Or am I going mad....?:confused:

A game a month for 2015?

That's an awful lot of questions.. :pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Xenji wrote: »
    I would love 1080 Snowboarding, Mother, F-Zero X or Banjo-Kazooie. I reckon though it will be a Fire Emblem game or a Metroid game, and as long shots Perfect Dark, Eternal Darkness, Paper Mario or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

It won't be Banjo Kazooie or Perfect Dark anyway. They went with Rare to MS.

I'd love to see what F Zero on the Wii U would look like. I'd also love Sunshine. Always felt it was underrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Actually... didn't Ninty renew the trademark on Eternal Darkness recently?
    THAT would be awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Star Lord wrote: »
    Actually... didn't Ninty renew the trademark on Eternal Darkness recently?
    THAT would be awesome...

Yeah but they are legally obliged to renew it every few years. My money would be on either Mario Sunshine or the Galaxy games. My hope would be Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. I just can't see them going to the more niche games before remastering the big sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Yeah but they are legally obliged to renew it every few years. My money would be on either Mario Sunshine or the Galaxy games. My hope would be Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. I just can't see them going to the more niche games before remastering the big sellers.

Only if they want to retain something from the brand, which obviously will have done nothing for them in years. I'm hoping that a HD remaster, or even just a VC release could happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Star Lord wrote: »
    Only if they want to retain something from the brand, which obviously will have done nothing for them in years. I'm hoping that a HD remaster, or even just a VC release could happen!

That's a fair point, I think it depends how many remastered they wanted to bring out on the WiiU. If they wanted to do a line of games similar to the New Play line on Wii, I could see us getting the likes of F-zero GX and possible Eternal Darkness but if it's another one off like Wind Waker HD I think they would just play it safe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's been said already but the mystifying lack of analogue triggers on the WiiU range of controllers suggests that it just wouldn't work on the WiiU, with the spray function relying on analogue finesse.
    Of course, it could be altered somewhat to work but I don't know if the game would lose something.
    Metroid Prime Trilogy would cause a massive outpouring of joy joy feelings around the globe, resulting in world peace, harmony in all the beings of the universe and, essentially, beat Bill and Ted to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, and Eternal Darkness and FZero GX need sequels, not remasters, thanks loads Nintendo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh, and Eternal Darkness and FZero GX need sequels, not remasters, thanks loads Nintendo!

Yeah new Fzero please.

HD remaster if Sunshine would be cool. Would look really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Thought I'd give Skylanders a whirl, it's actually a good game and some good deals in Smyths and Argos at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Yeah would like to try that again never finished it the first time, think I got stuck somewhere and never came back to it (although I should still have it and the memory card with the game save).

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Yeah new Fzero please.

If they got rid of the blue coins and added in extra levels, yes please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Updated Sunshine would be nice. Seriously, GameCube games for whatever reason seem to have a void in my brain. SNES, N64 are locked in memory, but GC has slipped through the cracks over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Majoras Mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

jenno86 wrote: »
    Majoras Mask?

Wasn't there a trailer for this or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Reebrock wrote: »
    Wasn't there a trailer for this or something?

No. Just lots of teasing by Nintendo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Eh, apart from Smash Bros, is there anything actually coming for Wii-U and 3DS this year? Seems like nothing is happening with either console.

Eh, apart from Smash Bros, is there anything actually coming for Wii-U and 3DS this year? Seems like nothing is happening with either console.

Bayonetta and hyrule warriors for Wii U. Pokemon for 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I played another bit of Windwaker last night. Taking me forever to get through but I'm savouring it.

Anyway I got through the 3rd dungeon I think it was "Tower of the Gods".

Really really cool dungeon. Love the puzzles and that end boss.

Hoping to sink another few hours into it this week and get a bit further on.

Still cant believe they gave this away for free with MK8. That said I'll probably end up buying the physical copy too as with all Ninty exclusives where possible. Its meant I've gotten to play it now though which is very welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Bayonetta and hyrule warriors for Wii U. Pokemon for 3DS.

Jaysus, thats not a whole lot of stuff to look forward there. Nothing of interest for me at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

When a man is tired of Pokémon, he is tired of life.

Or going through puberty. But don't worry, when the hormones settle down you can always come back...

Advertisement