Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Banjo wrote: »
    When a man is tired of Pokémon, he is tired of life.

Or going through puberty. But don't worry, when the hormones settle down you can always come back...

Crap does that mean I haven't hit puberty yet???!!! I've been playing since Red/Blue without missing a generation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

When a man is tired of Pokémon, he is tired of life.

Or going through puberty. But don't worry, when the hormones settle down you can always come back...

Pokemon is not the type of game that would appeal to me. I guess I might as well box up the Wii-U until the new Zelda comes out. Sorry, very negative post I know, but its like a desert at the moment.

Pokemon is not the type of game that would appeal to me. I guess I might as well box up the Wii-U until the new Zelda comes out. Sorry, very negative post I know, but its like a desert at the moment.

Would you not be at all interested in Hyrule Warriors?

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Would you not be at all interested in Hyrule Warriors?

Right now, no. (subject to change) Maybe I just don't know enough about it, but to me it seems like a stopgap for the real Zelda game we all want. The hack and slash gameplay seems like it would get repetitive, note however that I have never played any of the previous games from that series.

Right now, no. (subject to change) Maybe I just don't know enough about it, but to me it seems like a stopgap for the real Zelda game we all want. The hack and slash gameplay seems like it would get repetitive, note however that I have never played any of the previous games from that series.

I've never played any in the series either but it looks interesting so ill keep an eye on it.

Bayonetta though is my most anticipated game on any console. The 1st one was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Crap does that mean I haven't hit puberty yet???!!! I've been playing since Red/Blue without missing a generation!

Yeah, I'm afraid so. Overstimulation of the Hypokémus causes your body to remain in a childlike state until you hit your fifties, at which point you benjamin-button your way back to being a zygote.

@SouthTippBass - Hyrule Warriors is so much more than a shallow stop-gap Zelda cash-in. It comes with a scarf. A SCARF!

Edit : Re: Below - Child of Light has €5 off at the moment (€9.99)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

maybe try some games from the eshop? i hear child of light is very good

@SouthTippBass - Hyrule Warriors is so much more than a shallow stop-gap Zelda cash-in. It comes with a scarf. A SCARF!

SOLD! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Playing as Zant in Hyrule Warriors already looks enough of a reason to play it. Looks a mental character to play as.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Am I the only who doesnt like the dynasty warriors thing? Millions of enemies hack and slash, more enemies, button bash, etc..
    Hyrule warriors being just a skin over it really doesnt appeal to me at all I have to say.

Pokemon doesnt do it for me either, I was a little old when that craze hit so I never saw the appeal. I'm not sayin its not good or addictive etc just that it wasnt the in things when I was growing up so I missed the boat. Now I couldnt be bothered with it.

Bayonetta on the other hand. Now that will be fantastic if its even half as good as the first one. Such fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Am I the only who doesnt like the dynasty warriors thing?

No, there are many others with incorrect opinions :P

Give Pokemon a chance, man. I was in my early 20s when I first played it, and that was long before it became socially acceptable for people over 6 to know what a bulbasaur was. (Oh wait. It's still not :) ) At it's core it's the stat-grinding RPG to end them all. The main barrier to entry is the massive amount of Pokemon you need to learn the names of, but that's really more of a post-game/meta-game thing. When you're playing the main quest it's far more organic - you learn the types of the 'mon you're encountering and the moves they learn by leveling up your own

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Yeah some gamers need to remove the kiddy image surrounding pokemon and realise that it's actually an incredibly deep JRPG. I would love to jump into a pokemon game with fresh eyes again. X/Y are decent games to start with too albeit very easy. If you can find HeartGold/SoulSilver for cheap they are where I would start personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Am I the only who doesnt like the dynasty warriors thing? Millions of enemies hack and slash, more enemies, button bash, etc..
    Hyrule warriors being just a skin over it really doesnt appeal to me at all I have to say.

Pokemon doesnt do it for me either, I was a little old when that craze hit so I never saw the appeal. I'm not sayin its not good or addictive etc just that it wasnt the in things when I was growing up so I missed the boat. Now I couldnt be bothered with it.

Bayonetta on the other hand. Now that will be fantastic if its even half as good as the first one. Such fun.

Nah, mainstream opinion is that is _____ Warriors completely suck. Surprised anyone outside a small existing fanbase cares about Hyrule W.

Pokemon games have plenty of hidden depth, but can be offputting to uninitiated adults thanks to games' tendencies to treat everyone like they're 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is it possible to move wii saves over to the wii u so that I don't have to have both consoles set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Nah, mainstream opinion is that is _____ Warriors completely suck. Surprised anyone outside a small existing fanbase cares about Hyrule W.

Pokemon games have plenty of hidden depth, but can be offputting to uninitiated adults thanks to games' tendencies to treat everyone like they're 7.

Got anything to back that up, from reading peoples thoughts who have imported the game so far they all seem to agree that it is a good game for people who have not really experienced a Musou game or do not know that much about Zelda, but it is a great game if you know about both, it also have reviewed very well in Japan, it will easily sell 1 million plus copies.

sweetie wrote: »
    Is it possible to move wii saves over to the wii u so that I don't have to have both consoles set up?

They move over when you do a system transfer. Everything is transferred over.

Xenji wrote: »
    Got anything to back that up, from reading peoples thoughts who have imported the game so far they all seem to agree that it is a good game for people who have not really experienced a Musou game or do not know that much about Zelda, but it is a great game if you know about both, it also have reviewed very well in Japan, it will easily sell 1 million plus copies.

Do I really need to back up that up? DW is popular in Japan and has a cult following in the West, but is not really respected or well-reviewed over here? I thought that was generally considered true.

To boot, there already is a Fist of the North Star one on wii u, and its considered f***ing terrible. I certainly did not pick up a Wii u to play this kind of crap and I'm disappointed to see Nintendo padding the release schedule with one.

They move over when you do a system transfer. Everything is transferred over.

cheers

Will it affect what is already on my wii u and will it work with a softmodded wii? Also will it just copy or remove the save files from the wii? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

sweetie wrote: »
    cheers

Will it affect what is already on my wii u and will it work with a softmodded wii? Also will it just copy or remove the save files from the wii? thanks

It will work with a softmodded wii but obviously anything you don't have a licence for (like homebrew channel etc.) won't copy over. Beware that once you do the process everything is moved to the Wii U, the Wii is wiped clean. No idea what happens with stuff already in vWii on the Wii U.

You can also copy (most of) the savegames using an SD card I think. Copy them from Wii to SD card and then SD card to Wii U.

• Advertisement

abbir wrote: »
    It will work with a softmodded wii but obviously anything you don't have a licence for (like homebrew channel etc.) won't copy over. Beware that once you do the process everything is moved to the Wii U, the Wii is wiped clean. No idea what happens with stuff already in vWii on the Wii U.

You can also copy (most of) the savegames using an SD card I think. Copy them from Wii to SD card and then SD card to Wii U.

ah thats grand so, I've no wiiware games to transfer just saves so i'll just move those over. thanks

if your Wii is softmodded I think you can do a NAND backup prior to moving everything over, then recover the NAND so your Wii still has all that good stuff installed on it. Haven't actually done this myself though and I don't know if there are implications of having a Wii and vWii with the same ID. But if you're sticking your Wii out in the back room with no internet access for the kids to play VC titles on, it should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Do I really need to back up that up? DW is popular in Japan and has a cult following in the West, but is not really respected or well-reviewed over here? I thought that was generally considered true.

To boot, there already is a Fist of the North Star one on wii u, and its considered f***ing terrible. I certainly did not pick up a Wii u to play this kind of crap and I'm disappointed to see Nintendo padding the release schedule with one.

Wii u sales will bump in japan Id imagine and the zelda skin might push 500k mark in the west but I dunno I kinda like the look of hyrule warriors , it may have the DW spirit but team ninja and another developer and working along with techmo koei and seems to be a hybrid of all there old works aswell.

Adventure mode looks a hell of alot of fun and while this is was not exactly what I would of wished for I am still intrigued enough to buy it and very well may enjoy it.

:)

Sounds like the console is a bit wasted on you.

Xenji wrote: »
    Sounds like the console is a bit wasted on you.

Yeah cause I don't want to play a game in a series that I could already play on PS3 if I was interested. This is the Japanese FIFA/CoD, the sort of thing WiiU fans usually mock, but stick a Zelda skin on there and suddenly the console is "wasted" on me because I don't care? Take the blinkers off man.

Yeah cause I don't want to play a game in a series that I could already play on PS3 if I was interested. This is the Japanese FIFA/CoD, the sort of thing WiiU fans usually mock, but stick a Zelda skin on there and suddenly the console is "wasted" on me because I don't care? Take the blinkers off man.

Yet another ridiculous sweeping statement with nothing to back it up.

Hyrule Warriors is getting pretty good reviews in Japan and has also been praised for not just being a 'Zelda skin' for Dynasty Warriors, with enough little changes to add variation. There will also be a significant number of DLC in the future too, so it definitely looks like it's more than just a filler title.

Oh sh!t Duck hunt coming to smash guys :O

ness_smash_bros_leak.png

Oh sh!t Duck hunt coming to smash guys :O

ness_smash_bros_leak.png

The collective rumours for this is mad alright. Shulk and Bowser Jr. also mentioned as being added

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/08/new-screenshots-and-information-leaked-about-super-smash-bros-rumor/

• Advertisement

Wii u sales will bump in japan Id imagine and the zelda skin might push 500k mark in the west but I dunno I kinda like the look of hyrule warriors , it may have the DW spirit but team ninja and another developer and working along with techmo koei and seems to be a hybrid of all there old works aswell.

Adventure mode looks a hell of alot of fun and while this is was not exactly what I would of wished for I am still intrigued enough to buy it and very well may enjoy it.

:)

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251785/hyrule-warriors-a-hit-in-japan-wii-u-sales-jump/

as I expected it would , still 500 k in the west seems the most likely , I remember techmo saying if the game sells a million it be profitable so in any case its a nice title

Advertisement