Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Oh sh!t Duck hunt coming to smash guys :O

ness_smash_bros_leak.png
    For the briefest of a second, I thought that was Banjo & Kazooie!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭MrVestek

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I need to plonk this in here. I've a few drinks on me so i think i'll look at it again tomorrow, from what i've seen, it looks like the start of orgasms.. :D;)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-22-the-wii-us-first-ios-and-pc-cross-platform-game-cubemen-2-gets-a-release-date
    Additionally, players can create their own maps and share these across all platforms. Since the Steam version launched in April 2013 and the iOS port came out in May, there are already over 8000 user-generated levels available.
    "Cubemen 2 is not just a fantastic game, it's breaking new ground for an indie game on a Nintendo console," said Nnooo creative director Nic Watt. "We already know Nintendo players love to create and share amazing artwork and creations in Miiverse. Now they can create levels, share them and battle with other players across multiple platforms! This is great, not only for Nintendo gamers, but for gaming in general."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Nollog

I was in gamestop today, asking about Bayonetta 2's special edition.
    The manager said we don't get one here. :(
    Has anyone seen any appearance of the special edition online or anything? I want it so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There haven't been any special editions announced yet, I think. Just the one with both 1 and 2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

8 new tracks, 6 new characters, 2 DLC packs. Yes please. Mario Kart 8 just became Super Smash Kart

• Registered Users Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

When's that MK8 update out? I'm full of hate trying to get 3 stars on 150cc Sunshine airport grand prix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

8 new tracks, 6 new characters, 2 DLC packs. Yes please. Mario Kart 8 just became Super Smash Kart

woo hoo new tracks & characters :)

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/26/mario-kart-8-dlc-has-been-leaked-by-nintendo-includes-new-characters-and-courses/

cant wait to try out link! hyyaaaaa hyeh hyyayaaaaa!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It would be hilarious if when Link ran across grass he rapidly starting cutting it up with his sword :pac:

Epona kart anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I guess this means that it's a No from Nintendo for F-Zelda : Termina Velocity :'(

Star Lord wrote: »
    There haven't been any special editions announced yet, I think. Just the one with both 1 and 2.

that's the one i want, but i can't find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

/\/ollog wrote: »
    that's the one i want, but i can't find it anywhere

I'm pretty sure that's just standard for the 1st run. Gamestop website and Amazon both mention it.

ohh isnt the merc DLC for Mariokart out today?

ohh isnt the merc DLC for Mariokart out today?

Tomorrow...

I thought the same.. :( Although I still think the Merc looks weird in MK.

Allyall wrote: »
    Tomorrow...

I thought the same.. :( Although I still think the Merc looks weird in MK.

me too :D, im just curious about the mercs stats tho tbh, im thinking they will be the same as the gold kart, circuit special mach 8 group. pity they didnt release a bike tho. im more of a bike fan then kart.

There may be a bike pack yet.. :)

I'm loving those DLC packs. Can't wait until November.
    On the flip side, my Wii U is slowly being taken over.. :(
    I lost the Wii to a younger Nephew.

I played the mercs today, not my play style, they don't to anything well, it's all low-mid-tier stats, blue yoshi is good though

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I played the mercs today, not my play style, they don't to anything well, it's all low-mid-tier stats, blue yoshi is good though

So it is today!!:eek: :confused::D

Oh, it's there alright!

• Advertisement

Confirmation of this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

12 euro for that much DLC is really good value.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just bought it myself, now for the long wait until they are released!
    Nov is one thing but having to wait until May 2015 for the other!
    Can we wait so long??
    Still it is a great deal for so much new content, brilliant!
    Hopefully we'll see F Zero at next years E3 or maybe the TGS, Ninty will have to have a few years of new games planned out at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Extremely interesting quotes from Miyamoto in this month's EDGE magazine. It's bound to be a very interesting interview but some intriguing quotes have come out before it's released. This is in regards to 'casual gamers':

"[These are] the sort of people who, for example, might want to watch a movie. They might want to go to Disneyland," he said. "Their attitude is, 'okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.' It's kind of a passive attitude they're taking, and to me it's kind of a pathetic thing. They do not know how interesting it is if you move one step further and try to challenge yourself [with more advanced games]"

"In the days of DS and Wii, Nintendo tried its best to expand the gaming population," he said. "Fortunately, because of the spread of smart devices, people take games for granted now. It's a good thing for us, because we do not have to worry about making games something that are relevant to general people's daily lives."

Nintendo focusing more on 'core' games is an exciting thought and it will be interesting to see if they have these plans immediately or wait until next generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

12 euro for that much DLC is really good value.
    Especially with it being £11 (~€13) and $12 (~€9), I will be buying these

They're available to buy now, I bought them last night.
    Buying them unlocks multiple colour choices for both Yoshi and Shy Guy straight away.
    (Assuming you've allowed it to update!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I downloaded the Mercedes DLC yesterday but it didn't install when I went to open Mario Kart. I tried a few times and even redownloaded it but still won't work. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Great DLC....but still no Diddy Kong though :(

I downloaded the Mercedes DLC yesterday but it didn't install when I went to open Mario Kart. I tried a few times and even redownloaded it but still won't work. Any ideas?

Did you go into downloads and see if it completed properly?

I thought I had a brief issue, but it hadn't finished downloading. It's small, but it took a lot longer than I expected.

• Advertisement

Mario Kart itself has to install an update too before it'll recognise the DLC.

Advertisement