Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Miyamoto confirmed that Mario was nearly the main figure in Splatoon but felt Nintendo needed new IP's, which is good to hear.

The backpack from Mario Sunshine was a little clue of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Corholio wrote: »
    Miyamoto confirmed that Mario was nearly the main figure in Splatoon but felt Nintendo needed new IP's, which is good to hear.

The backpack from Mario Sunshine was a little clue of course.

Im kinda glad about that, i like mario but there's no need to stick him in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Nollog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x17E0PCsrns
    33 minute japanese direct here in 8 minutes.
    I like seeing the stuff we're probably not getting.

The Xenoblade girl was confirmed for smash, along with a xenoblade stage.
    Two(4 colours) new 3ds models with "c-sticks" and nfc built in for Japan.

Xenoblade 3DS announced (possibly only for "New" 3DS) they've got a better CPU in them, which was apparantly required for the xenoblade game.

The new 3DS has changeable faceplates, and a yoshi design along with like 5 million others, all with their own system menu style.
    I'm getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The new 3DS has changeable faceplates, and a yoshi design along with like 5 million others, all with their own system menu style.
    I'm getting one.

It also has what looks to be a second analogue stick/button... which is more of a 'nub' or like the old laptop style 'nipple' control...
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/08/29/new-3ds-and-3ds-xl-announced-with-extra-buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Star Lord wrote: »
    It also has what looks to be a second analogue stick/button... which is more of a 'nub' or like the old laptop style 'nipple' control...
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/08/29/new-3ds-and-3ds-xl-announced-with-extra-buttons

Was reading a comment saying it was more for certain Japanese games. :pac:

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was reading a comment saying it was more for certain Japanese games. :pac:

It's a circle pad pro, in c-stick form.

I know. It was a comment in reference to the people calling it a nipple and games like Senran Kagura and Bullet Girls. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It'll certainly mean decontamination is a must for future preowned 3DS console purchases!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Star Lord wrote: »
    They're available to buy now, I bought them last night.
    Buying them unlocks multiple colour choices for both Yoshi and Shy Guy straight away.
    (Assuming you've allowed it to update!)

Thought to meself, "who in their right mind would buy something not fully available til next year?!"... Bottle of red later and I'm driving around as black Yoshi in a black merc probably racing to drop off drugs or prostitutes....
    Can't wait!

New Nintendo Direct for this Thursday focusing on...................Bayonetta 2!

11pm UK time

h74432B7A

• Advertisement

Was going to sit and watch this Direct but crappy connection for some reason so will just wait for it to be archived later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fauZ4wm9z-0

24th of October, pretty nice package.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The Limited Edt is a GAME exclusive in Europe, dunno what that means for us. Hopefully Smyths gets it, like they did the Mario kart 8 Blue Shell Edt. Otherwise it may be a visit from Parcel Motel in late October.

Where'd you see that about being a Game exclusive? Don't think it was mentioned in the Direct.

I do like that the 2 game version doesn't just come with the first game on disk, but also in its own case

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    The Limited Edt is a GAME exclusive in Europe, dunno what that means for us. Hopefully Smyths gets it, like they did the Mario kart 8 Blue Shell Edt. Otherwise it may be a visit from Parcel Motel in late October.

Game? :(

Still waiting on delivery for Resi Revelations on Wii U for the past 3 weeks.

Ah sure GAME's just half an hour drive away for me. :p

Just waiting to see how Amazon's site is updated tomorrow with the different versions of the game and what my order changes to.

It's number 10 in their best sellers, being beaten by Destiny, Sims 4 and the million different versions of FIFA 12 13 14 15

Whats with the 15,300 copies?

Looks cool though, hopefully not ridiculously expensive.

Gunmonkey wrote: »

http://www.game.co.uk/en/bayonetta-2-limited-edition-only-at-game-206923
    This doesn't seem to be the same "first print" edition, maybe they're just throwing something extra in?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Just to be clear, is there a version of this game where you don't get Bayo 1? I don't want to end up getting the wrong one.

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Just to be clear, is there a version of this game where you don't get Bayo 1? I don't want to end up getting the wrong one.

Yes.

There are now 3.
    Bayonetta 2 solus
    Bayonetta 2, with Bayonetta 1 special edition
    Bayonetta 2, with Bayonetta 1 first print limited special super book leather edition, limited to 15,300 copies

Also, available digitally, if you buy either, you get an unknown discount on the other.

• Advertisement

I'd say everyone is ordering the one listed on amazon now before they update the listings, since it seems other places are charging around Amazon price for the Solus version. At least I see it's gone up in the best sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Up on GAME for pre-order, Ltd Edt is GAME exclusive :(

Solo Edt

Double Pack

Limited Edt (I know it has no picture, they just updated the store listings with it but not the item page).

Can't access from work. What type of prices they talking?

Wonder if it's exclusive in the sense the Ganon statue was exclusive. Could get it from the Nintendo store as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Game prices :
    Solus - £32.99
    Double - £44.99
    Ltd - £59.99

There's a pic on the Ltd edition now of the box, which is different to the Double box, but no detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say everyone is ordering the one listed on amazon now before they update the listings, since it seems other places are charging around Amazon price for the Solus version. At least I see it's gone up in the best sellers

Yup. I just preordered it there now for that reason. €40 approx when converted and super saver clicked. In fairness to Amazon they're very good from my experience of honouring what was in the original advert/description. I got an extra two games for my Wii U last year due to an error on their description. :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bayonetta-2-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00BCWYRJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409911260&sr=8-1&keywords=bayonetta+2

Its clearly in the description below:
    Product Description

The witch is back
    The witching hour strikes again. Brimming with intricate battles that take place in, on, and all over epic set pieces, Bayonetta 2 finds our sassy heroine battling angels and demons in unearthly beautiful HD. You're bound to love how it feels to string together combos with unimaginable weapons and summon demons using Bayonetta's Umbran Weave in this frantic stylised action game. Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo Wii U exclusive. Bayonetta comes packed in with the purchase of every retail packaged version of Bayonetta 2.
    Key features:
    • Initiate the new Umbran Climax technique to temporarily summon demons and boost Bayonetta's attack range whenever you fill her magic gauge.
    • Fight with new over-the-top weapons that open new possibilities to the way you battle, including the Kafka, a bow that shoots poisonous arrows; the Rakshasa, a pair of beautiful katana blades; and a giant rifle-inspired scythe known as the Chernobog.
    • Team up with a friend in Tag Climax, a two-player online co-op mode.
    • In online quick matches, you can wager halos, the in-game currency that you earn by defeating enemies. You receive a large sum back if you can prove you're a better fighter than your partner. Halos can then be traded in a story mode shop to unlock new techniques, buy accessories, and pick up alternate weapon variations.
    • Every chapter ends with a medal ranking: Stone, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Pure Platinum. The more skilled you are, the higher your ranking.
    • This game is approachable for players of all levels, with settings of three difficulty levels. Through Touch Play, you can play with the GamePad's stylus and touchscreen, regardless of which difficulty you choose.
    • Also includes Bayonetta 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, I've done the same!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck, that's Bayonetta 2 preordered
    So, what exactly do I do when my order turns out to be for the solus edition?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

What I'm intending to do is get straight on the blower to amazon. Theres a place that you put your phone number in and they ring you back within minutes normally. You may have to send them an email to show what was in the description if they're disputing it so I've taken a screen shot of that too.

Potentially they could say it was a mistake and not give you the other version but based on my experience with them so far they've been very good on these issues.

All of that said I'm more than willing to take the risk as I already own and have played through Bayonetta 1 on my 360.

Corholio wrote: »
    Game? :(

Still waiting on delivery for Resi Revelations on Wii U for the past 3 weeks.

Oh meant to say I ordered Resi Revelations on Wii U for €15 I think it was on HDwow last week. Havent got it yet but seems to be a good one to get into the collection from the small amount of copies about.

Just checked my orders. Its on backorder. Will be interesting to see does it ever arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Amazon are usually pretty good at customer service. They honoured some of the £199.99 pre-orders for the Wii U itself.

Advertisement