Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Banjo wrote: »
    1 or 2 frames of lag!

Ohh christ... you're starting to sound like people I used to play Counter Strike with years ago that took the game WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Did my faux hysteria come through as regular hysteria? I apologise.... but they're still not real Gamecube controllers. It's like driving around in a new Mini and thinking you're cool. You're not, you apple-phone-owning hipster wannabe!

Did my faux hysteria come through as regular hysteria? I apologise.... but they're still not real Gamecube controllers. It's like driving around in a new Mini and thinking you're cool. You're not, you apple-phone-owning hipster wannabe!

If I ever learn to drive the first car I'll be buying is a mini-cooper for that retro 60s vibe.

I'll cruise along the M50 in my Fedora and Tweed jacket.

I think I've seen you in Starbucks! (I was at the window begging for change - that Bayonetta Day 1 edition ain't gonna pay for itself!)

Just to highlight it again - these are NOT the controllers that plug into the Gamecube converter. They look like Gamecube controllers, but they plug into a WiiMote. You need 1 Wiimote for every one of these controllers you want to use with your WiiU.

It makes a lot more sense when I say it like that than when I try to get a cheap laugh at the expense of Street Fighter IV players.

I think I've seen you in Starbucks! (I was at the window begging for change - that Bayonetta Day 1 edition ain't gonna pay for itself!)

Just to highlight it again - these are NOT the controllers that plug into the Gamecube converter. They look like Gamecube controllers, but they plug into a WiiMote. You need 1 Wiimote for every one of these controllers you want to use with your WiiU.

It makes a lot more sense when I say it like that than when I try to get a cheap laugh at the expense of Street Fighter IV players.

Seen me in Starbucks today?

Wasn't me I'm afraid! :P

Last time I was in Starbucks was at least two weeks ago in Dun Laoghaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

MrVestek wrote: »

Last time I was in Starbucks was at least two weeks ago in Dun Laoghaire.

whoosh ;)

sweetie wrote: »
    whoosh ;)

Nope. Hipster joke, I get it. I just chose to ignore it. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

MrVestek wrote: »

Too mainstream for you! :D

I'd thought these new gamecube based controllers were going to be USB based, rather than classic controllers. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Star Lord wrote: »
    Too mainstream for you! :D

I'd thought these new gamecube based controllers were going to be USB based, rather than classic controllers. :/

They're releasing a USB addon that allows actual Gamecube controllers to be hooked up, so if you have some from before you can use them. I also read they were going to remake some actual Gamecube controllers that would work with this addon.

The ones that are currently being listed are not actually made by Nintendo, just licensed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Watch_Dogs got a release date - November 21st

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Watch_Dogs got a release date - November 21st

I just traded in my PS4 version, found it derivative and awkward to play.
    I wonder if this WiiU version will the one to own?
    A nice addition to the WiiU software lineup on the way to Christmas and marks the last game of its type being made by Ubisoft :(

Maybe we'll see a bit on Friday's treehouse stream.

I haven't played it but if the reviews are good and/or it makes good use of the gamepad, I may pick it up. Otherwise may pick it up cheap on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

They're not Gamecube controllers - they're Classic Controllers in a Gamecube shape, so they plug into a Wiimote. And you know what that means - 1 or 2 frames of lag! That's right, you will never be the worlds greatest Smash player with these controllers. If you're cool with just being top 100, they're great though...

In my defence I said GameCube style controllers. Ie not actual GameCube controllers rather the look of said controllers.

I think they look nice but I take your points on functionality. Nearly a collectible though like the wiimotes. Pity both are too expensive imo for what they are.

If and it's a big if I had mates who called round regularly for game nights is buy 4 proper pro controllers but alas I'm old, married kids etc so game nights of old are a thing of the past.

At least I have online multiplayer.

New Fatal Frame U trailer

And was reading the Treehouse live stream on Friday starts at 6pm our time and they'll announce the Smash U release date. At least for America.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A nice addition to the WiiU software lineup on the way to Christmas and marks the last game of its type being made by Ubisoft :(

Apparently the PC version with the settings adjusted to make it more PC friendly (a bunch of stuff was turned off or toned down to console standards... for some reason) with better gfx is the one to own apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My PC is ass, and what is a PC gamer doing in here in the Ninty forum, GET OWT!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One can only polish a turd so much, especially when there's a significant technical downgrade to boot. Can't see a few gamepad-centric features making any significant difference to the game TBH!

One can only polish a turd so much, especially when there's a significant technical downgrade to boot. Can't see a few gamepad-centric features making any significant difference to the game TBH!

Hmm, make the protagonist mario, the antagonist Bowser, change Chicago to the mushroom kingdom and replace the card with karts!
    Turd-No-More!

Could call it
    Chain Chomps!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos in Jervis have Bayonetta 2 marked at €58.99 in store today on their stock check system, didn't mention anything about part 1, hopefully only a holding price until launch day, they also had the two new Pokemon marked at €40.99 again hopefully only holding prices.

I think this is a new thing since their new catalogue was launched as I have never seen prices for soon to be released games in store before.

How do Amazon keep running out of Tropical Freeze and take so long to get it back. Is supply really that low?

Also was just thinking with Nintendo games coming in special editions like Mario Kart Blue Shell and Wind Waker Ganon statue, do you think they'll bundle an Amiibo with Smash?

• Advertisement

My PC is ass, and what is a PC gamer doing in here in the Ninty forum, GET OWT!!!

I have a Wii U excuse you thank you very much!

Get out yourself, I'll get a mod to ban yo...

Ohhh erm. Never mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I just bought 4 Amiibo figures (Link, Samus, Marth, DK). A slow week in work has cost me a bomb in online shopping, Nintendo is making a fortune off of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    I just bought 4 Amiibo figures (Link, Samus, Marth, DK). A slow week in work has cost me a bomb in online shopping, Nintendo is making a fortune off of me.

Don't feel bad. I'll probably be buying all of them when they're out...

The Amiibos seem to have the same effect on me as clown college had on Homer. I see no need for them at the moment but I still want Samus at least

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The Amiibos seem to have the same effect on me as clown college had on Homer. I see no need for them at the moment but I still want Samus at least

Likewise!!!

tumblr_loo7mz9xpg1qj6sk2o1_400.gif

I really want the Link and Samus ones...

search?q=homer+clown+college&espv=2&biw=811&bih=432&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=9L0SVIa_N5Gh7AaPiYDQCA&ved=0CCwQsAQ#tbm=isch&q=homer%20clown%20college&tbs=ift:gif&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=U01YleOi8gMbeM%253A%3BypRYNI5Qfh9j7M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstream1.gifsoup.com%252Fview%252F599089%252Fclown-college-o.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fhfboards.hockeysfuture.com%252Farchive%252Findex.php%252Ft-1559313-p-4.html%3B320%3B240

"Alright, I will go to clown college"... I mean get Samus

It'll be a slow and steady collection of them all, although I'll be more eagerly awaitin their integration into Mario Kart 8 than anything else.
    I wonder if there'll be a Pokemon trainer application of them?
    That'd be rather interesting.

So mid-race (or in between courses) you can change from your heavy Venusaur to your mid-weight Charmander to a light-weight Squirtle (or maybe big cart, little cart, bike with the Trainer as the driver and the 'Mon as the vehicle?), affecting the acceleration, handling and top speed of your kart/bike? That would be cool but would also give you an ungodly advantage over everyone else depending on the course selection.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I don't really see the attraction in these Amiibos (crap name) from a gameplay point of view. What are they actually going to do or how will they enhance a game? They would look cool sitting on a shelf though.

• Advertisement

Regarding Pokemon Trainer Amibos a player could essentially store their progress on the plastic figure, bringing their collection of Pokemon with them, playing the relevant game on any given compatible Nintendo hardware via the NFC reader.
    It's like the card reader/writers Japanese arcades have used for years.
    Could be intriguing.

Advertisement