Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

I'd take a code if you have a spare please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

i wouldnt mind one if there is one spare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'll take a code pleez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If nothing else, this game is fecking gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Nollog

I'd take a code, does the train wifi block eshop downloads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Banjo wrote: »
    3 more codes here
    Yes please if you still have any!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sorry, was out of coverage all day.
    Sent to nollog, sweetie and that doesn't look safe to me
    Gotta goes with the regulars. If any of you are already sorted please pass them on to others in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fawful

here are 3 more codes if anyone still needs one

1) A05VRG630LRNH7MH

2) A05VYNBQ17U7EUMA

3) A05VQ38V0BJ97Q0L

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

I used number 3 from above.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Banjo wrote:
    Sorry, was out of coverage all day. Sent to nollag, sweetie and that doesn't look safe to me Gotta goes with the regulars. If any of you are already sorted please pass them on to others in the thread

cheers banjo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I've two spare codes if anyone is still looking for one.

penguin88 wrote: »

Yes please I'm waiting for the 3dS to update then hopefully I can play

iamtony wrote: »
    Yes please I'm waiting for the 3dS to update then hopefully I can play
    Thanks for the code penguin88 it's all downloaded and ready to go.
    I've never plsyed smash before so I'm hoping I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

penguin88 wrote: »

If you still got a code, would appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I didn't even know about the codes, missed out there. If it was in a mailer I have a horrible feeling I skimmed it, didn't read it properly and binned it. Cest la vie.

Edit: soppy fecker that I am, didn't realise I was posting in Wii u thread, don't even have one yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This is a general thread, not just Wii U.

The Smash Bros codes are for 3DS. Do you have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Star Lord wrote: »
    This is a general thread, not just Wii U.

The Smash Bros codes are for 3DS. Do you have one?

I do indeed (well I steal my sons 3ds on regular basis).

I'm easily confused, apologies!

Played the demo there... it is a lovely looking game but I'm not sure there's a lot to hold your attention if you're not playing competitively. Also the button layout feels wrong somehow. Nothing is where I expect it to be.. on the plus side : There's a power up that makes a Nintendogs puppy get in the way of the screen and start licking your face, and it's possibly the best use of 3D I've seen on the 3DS. It's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Why don't we have a "I have a 3DS - General Discussion" thread? The playstation forum has separate PS4 and Vita threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Because there's no real need to have them separate. We're not the highest volume forum, having all general discussion here should be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Should it not be renamed to General Nintendo Discussion then? having Wii U in the title makes me think it shouldn't have 3DS talk in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Played the demo there... it is a lovely looking game but I'm not sure there's a lot to hold your attention if you're not playing competitively. Also the button layout feels wrong somehow. Nothing is where I expect it to be.. on the plus side : There's a power up that makes a Nintendogs puppy get in the way of the screen and start licking your face, and it's possibly the best use of 3D I've seen on the 3DS. It's fantastic.

The button layout is really odd. Not sure why they chose it the way it is but in the final game we can change the to controls to whatever we want so it's not a concern for me.

Apart from that I'm very impressed. The game runs incredibly smoothly and after about 30 mins of playing it just feels like good old smash except on a portable. The demo is fairly limited in that you can only play 2 min matches with one of five characters. Can't wait to play some proper stock games. Mega Man is a cool character to play with. Not a fan of Villager. The other three are veterans and feel slightly different but not much different.

Overall the demo has left me very optimistic. If they can reduce lag as much as possible in online play then this is a game that will stay in my 3ds until the WiiU release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

this friday is release date of hyrule warriors September 19th plus its also The Official Talk-Like A Pirate Day and i purchasing as hyrule warriors cosplaying as Blue Link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    this friday is release date of hyrule warriors September 19th plus its also The Official Talk-Like A Pirate Day and i purchasing as hyrule warriors cosplaying as Blue Link

Deary Deary Me

is Blue Link the one who keeps swearing or the one that tastes a bit like headex? There is a 3rd option, but I don't want to see a video of him shouting "hyup...hyaaah!" while using the hookshot in ways I didn't think possible...

Cheers for the heads-up on TLaP day! It passed me by last year like a ship o'the line at full sail...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Awesome! We need pics Wampyrus!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

is Blue Link the one who keeps swearing or the one that tastes a bit like headex? There is a 3rd option, but I don't want to see a video of him shouting "hyup...hyaaah!" while using the hookshot in ways I didn't think possible...

Cheers for the heads-up on TLaP day! It passed me by last year like a ship o'the line at full sail...

HE's the Link that goes around sad all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

hyrule warriors

You can receive a download code for the Demon King Costume Set, which includes two additional costumes for Ganondorf from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, if you register Hyrule Warriors in Club Nintendo between 09:00 (UK time) on September 19th 2014 and 23:59 (UK time) on October 17th 2014. Check the banners in Club Nintendo to claim and redeem your free download code on or before November 17th 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

hyrule warriors

You can receive a download code for the Demon King Costume Set, which includes two additional costumes for Ganondorf from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, if you register Hyrule Warriors in Club Nintendo between 09:00 (UK time) on September 19th 2014 and 23:59 (UK time) on October 17th 2014. Check the banners in Club Nintendo to claim and redeem your free download code on or before November 17th 2014.
    I'm looking forward to Hyrule Warriors actually - I've never played any of the Dynasty Warriors type stuff before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yeah, I'm totally looking forward to it. Might not be the absolute best game ever, but I think I'm gonna enjoy hacking and slashing around Hyrule. I usually stay away from reviews or previews these days, so I'm excited to see what characters (and music) are in it.

I presume it won't be difficult to grab a copy in the nearest Gamestop on Friday?

Advertisement