Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm totally looking forward to it. Might not be the absolute best game ever, but I think I'm gonna enjoy hacking and slashing around Hyrule. I usually stay away from reviews or previews these days, so I'm excited to see what characters (and music) are in it.

I presume it won't be difficult to grab a copy in the nearest Gamestop on Friday?
    I reckon so - I pre-ordered on Amazon so I won't get it till a few days after...

Actually - just noticed this on the Amazon page :
    Hyrule Warriors with Amazon-exclusive Pre-order Bonus
    Pre-order Hyrule Warriors on Nintendo Wii U at Amazon.co.uk before the release date of 19 September 2014 and you'll receive a code for access to the Amazon-exclusive The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Costume Pack, featuring one exclusive costume each for Link and Zelda. Codes will be sent to you by email prior to dispatch of your order. Please note--codes are in strictly limited supply and will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I reckon so - I pre-ordered on Amazon so I won't get it till a few days after...

Gutted, i brought off cd wow because money aint flowing great for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hyrule Warriors got a good review from Eurogamer, where they've not given it top marks, but also not really mentioned any negatives (to account for the missing points)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-17-hyrule-warriors-review

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

It seems to be getting good reviews everywhere I've looked. The only 2 to be anyway negative I've seen so far are Gamesradar and Polygon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

For anyone, like me, who still digs picking up a day one release in a good old fashioned B&M store, Gamestop have it at €55, Smyths are €45.

No fair with the extra download gear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The few negatives ive seen in reviews are repetitiveness, the difficulty level and the non-Zelda isolation of bosses i.e. they are mostly just thrown into the middle of a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sitting at 74 on metacritic, Think by the standards people on the internet seem to measure games today, that means it's crap. :rolleyes:

Probably get it down the line. Or stick it on the Santa list.
    And not because of that score, but just because I can wait and have enough to keep me entertained for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

preorder on amazon isnt worth you might miss deadline to get the download code

plus if you getting Limited edition on amazon its twice on amazon compare to gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

bayonetta 1 e shop review

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

nintendo informed on nintendo direct that link and zelda costume pack already installed in the game Link twilight princess, link ocarina and link ocarina of time and game zelda twilight princess, zelda hyrule warriors and zelda ocarina of time and i got email from nintendo club quotation samething

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/2014/Hyrule-Warriors-Direct-August-5th-2014/Hyrule-Warriors-Direct-August-5th-2014-915306.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A cancelled Nintendo Wii game has recently come to light. It was going to be called 'Mario Spikers' and involve volleball mixed with.............wrestling. Game was cancelled after a failed pitch to Nintendo. A short development video has been leaked.

This may be the maddest video you see today....

Scoop slam on Yoshi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

So Tamodachi Life got green lit and Volleyball Wrestling was deemed too weird? Nintendo be crazy...

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    nintendo informed on nintendo direct that link and zelda costume pack already installed in the game Link twilight princess, link ocarina and link ocarina of time and game zelda twilight princess, zelda hyrule warriors and zelda ocarina of time and i got email from nintendo club quotation samething

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/2014/Hyrule-Warriors-Direct-August-5th-2014/Hyrule-Warriors-Direct-August-5th-2014-915306.html
    Hmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Played a load of Ninja Gaiden 3 last night to get me in the mood for Bayonetta. Forgot how absolutely mental that game is and finally "got" the combo system after about half a bottle of red.

Anyone play this and Bayonetta 1 that could comment on the main differences in the fighting in the two games?

God, I hope one of them is the amount of clothes Ryu doesn't remove... His hair is pretty short, after all.

Unless.... Is "Gaidan" japanese for buttocks?

So my Amazon pre-order of Hyrule Warriors has not shipped yet.
    I just did a chat there and they are out of stock !

What's the point in a pre-oreder if they can't even fulfill that :mad:

Ask them for a copy of the Bayonetta 2+1 edition as compensation!

Banjo wrote: »
    Ask them for a copy of the Bayonetta 2+1 edition as compensation!
    I was actually thinking that when I was cahtting to the guy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Did Shovel Knight ever come out for the 3DS does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Advertisement

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/07/shovel-knight-international-status/
    They're moving into Final Testing though, which is good news.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cheers, I did some searching and saw it was out in the US alright, puzzled as to why it takes so long to come out over here. Are they localising it for every Eurpoean language or something. Hurry up and release before I cave and get the Steam version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cheers, I did some searching and saw it was out in the US alright, puzzled as to why it takes so long to come out over here. Are they localising it for every Eurpoean language or something. Hurry up and release before I cave and get the Steam version.

Yeah they have to localise it for a load of languages before they're allowed release it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    this friday is release date of hyrule warriors September 19th plus its also The Official Talk-Like A Pirate Day and i purchasing as hyrule warriors cosplaying as Blue Link

Fair play to ya Wampy.. ;)
    7EvXv99.jpg?1

So my Amazon pre-order of Hyrule Warriors has not shipped yet.
    I just did a chat there and they are out of stock !

What's the point in a pre-oreder if they can't even fulfill that :mad:

They emailed me about it. Said it'll be 23rd at latest before it dispatches. And gave me a £5 voucher for the purchase of any games.

Star Lord wrote: »
    They emailed me about it. Said it'll be 23rd at latest before it dispatches. And gave me a £5 voucher for the purchase of any games.
    Jeezus - Bayonetta syndrome all over again - I didn't get anything after a customer services online chat and a phone call from them

Jeezus - Bayonetta syndrome all over again - I didn't get anything after a customer services online chat and a phone call from them

I hadn't even contacted them... Maybe it's because of how I hounded them over Bayonetta...?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So how are yis finding Hyrule Warriors?

After all that bad financial planning means i'll have to wait till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I've had major problems with UPC Horizon and the Wii U. I bought a powerline adapter because the signal wasn't strong enough to reach the Wii U. I can play online with the likes of MK8 just fine. It's when I use the browser, the pages take ages sometimes loading, the blue bar goes about halfway or 3 quarters then sits there for ages doing nothing. When I try closing the pages they take ages as well. At times it's fine but then it just appears out of nowhere. I find if I switch off the UPC box for a minute and switch it back on that it helps. It seems to be a problem just with the Wii U because no other device in the house has any problem with signal strength or pages taking ages to load.

Does anybody know what the problem is and what are the optimal settings for wi-fi to be hassle free? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    I've had major problems with UPC Horizon and the Wii U. I bought a powerline adapter because the signal wasn't strong enough to reach the Wii U. I can play online with the likes of MK8 just fine. It's when I use the browser, the pages take ages sometimes loading, the blue bar goes about halfway or 3 quarters then sits there for ages doing nothing. When I try closing the pages they take ages as well. At times it's fine but then it just appears out of nowhere. I find if I switch off the UPC box for a minute and switch it back on that it helps. It seems to be a problem just with the Wii U because no other device in the house has any problem with signal strength or pages taking ages to load.

Does anybody know what the problem is and what are the optimal settings for wi-fi to be hassle free? Thanks in advance.
    Do you have a LAN cable adapter for the Wii U ? That would be the best option

Edit : Also people are reporting much better speed if you manually set your DNS and IP etc on the Wii U as opposed to having it auto configure. If you do this you may also have to change your router settings to make sure it doesn't try and assign that IP address to something else

Advertisement