Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just the gamepad? How did it happen?

Edit: Never mind, I saw your post elsewhere. Scumbags. :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yaaaa haven't tried the console yet (it was thrown on the ground) as I'm cleaning up the mess... What would the standard procedure of trying to get a replacement one?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah, ****e. Sorry to hear that Cherryghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This is the game select screen.

That looks like a 'free' game app on a smartphone. Horrible looking.
    When I click that link and go to checkout I get

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order. You can also see if this item is available for delivery to your address from another seller.
    Changed quantities? Press Update
    To delete an item change quantity to 0. Continue

If I bought it from the French amazon and chose an Irish address would the game be in French or does the language depend on the language in the Wii U and not on the disc?

I think you could choose the French Amazon and change language to English, I'm not sure. But there are other sellers that may be a better choice.
    That said, Carrefour are doing a 50% off after cashback on all wii U games. You can see Wii U party in the background of this pic - http://i.imgur.com/QBKSjYx.jpg
    I know it says Mario 3D world and Sonic in that pic, but it applies to all games.
    My Wii U gamepad was stolen :(

Scumbags.

I saw somewhere recently selling replacement gamepads. I'd guess they were fake, but I remember thinking it was cheap and maybe worth the punt. I cannot find the link anywhere, I'll keep looking..
    Weird because I found it easily before, when I was looking for something else, and now it's not turning up anywhere..:confused:

Failing that, they are roughly €90 on Ebay.
    Or you could buy an 8GB Wii u for less than €200 delivered on Amazon :(.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516246

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ugh, no other way but to take a punt so.

Found out my 3DS was also stolen so I'm pretty much Nintendoless. WHY OH WHY COULD IT HAVE BEEN THE 360 INSTEAD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Really sh!tty thing to happen. :(
    Do you have contents insurance?

I'd contact Nintendo today, let them know your NNID, and that both your Wii gamepad and 3DS were stolen in a break in. Ask them what can be done to recover your purchases, and to prevent them buying anything further on your eshop credit / credit card.
    Also no harm in asking them about the possibility of getting a new gamepad too (if your Wii U still works)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sorry to hear this cherryghost. I don't know the whole story, but looks like someone broke in to your house? :(

Scumbags will be scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That is really ****ty CherryGhost.. :(
    I tried to find that link, I can't. I'm half wondering if I imagined it...

But if you are thinking of buying a replacement pad from Ebay, be aware that apparently the Gamepad is Region locked :eek::mad:..

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/12/wii-u-gamepad-is-region-locked/

Star Lords advice about contacting Nintendo is best.
    Also, cheapest I've seen a 3DS XL is on Amazon Italy for ~ €150 if you are thinking of getting a replacement..

Morning,

Yeah was robbed. I got all the serial numbers of the equipment stolen so they've been passed on. I emailed Ninty support but based on their record recently I don't expect to get anything back based on eshop purchases etc, which is incredibly frustrating as I only purchased two hardcopy games, rest are digital (a lot of games). TBH if I get a shrug of the shoulders from them I might just give up on Nintendo until they change their account/purchase policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

God cherry, sorry to hear that. Did they take/break anything else? The total scummers.

Anyone else on here have insurance for their systems and tv's an stuff? I have a lot now and have the fear of being broken into too.

• Advertisement

Some laptops and other small things. I live in the City Centre too, Gardai said they hadn't been called out to my area in about 10 years believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Some laptops and other small things. I live in the City Centre too, Gardai said they hadn't been called out to my area in about 10 years believe it or not.

hard luck man. pure scum in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Man, that's terrible. Absolute knackers. Must be a couple blow in's in your area at the moment. I know it happens the odd time in my town, then nothing for years. Chancers.

Hope the Garda can help getting the fellas. I had a couple things taken from my place (mp3 players, stereo, nothing big) when I lived in phisboro a few years back. Didn't get anything back but the garda did catch the guy 6 months later and informed me, so you never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Morning,

Yeah was robbed. I got all the serial numbers of the equipment stolen so they've been passed on. I emailed Ninty support but based on their record recently I don't expect to get anything back based on eshop purchases etc, which is incredibly frustrating as I only purchased two hardcopy games, rest are digital (a lot of games). TBH if I get a shrug of the shoulders from them I might just give up on Nintendo until they change their account/purchase policy.

They'll ask for a police report confirming the theft of the console, then once you buy a new console they reattach the NNID (and purchases) to the new one. Their system is crap but you should get your games back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just turned on Hyrule Warriors. Before i even play a game, it's prompting me to pay €15 for more stuff.

Boo-urns! That's not cool.

(Enjoyed the title screen music, i must admit!)

Right, here we go!

In fairness, since the update Mariokart presents you with the DLC cups when you go to start a new game. This seems to just be the way they're doing things now. Considering the pain in the arse that is the DLC for Injustice (has anyone got that working yet in ireland?) I wouldn't be too offput by them putting a convenient link on the front page. When they start advertising Four Star Pizza in that space I'll get worried :)

@Cherryghost - that sucks, and I feel for ya but I have no practical advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Fair point about MK. But at least that was out for a few months before that update.

I bought Hyrule Warriors the week it came out!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Allyall wrote: »

I think you could choose the French Amazon and change language to English, I'm not sure. But there are other sellers that may be a better choice.
    That said, Carrefour are doing a 50% off after cashback on all wii U games. You can see Wii U party in the background of this pic - http://i.imgur.com/QBKSjYx.jpg
    I know it says Mario 3D world and Sonic in that pic, but it applies to all games.

Fab where do you get all these French deals?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

@cherryghost I'm shocked at your stuff getting stolen.
    Let's hope there's such a think as carcinoma of the knob and they all have it.

Hope you get some assistance from Nintendo, might go some ways to ease the misery.

If I see a website or anything to assist around I'll post the link here.

On a brighter note the new 3ds is due to operate as a Gamepad for the WiiU,
    You'll have to wait a while though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wii U firmware update 5.2.0 U has gone live. We have folders baby! Woohoo!

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/09/new-wii-u-firmware-5-2-0-u-update-now-available-to-download/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sligeach wrote: »
    Wii U firmware update 5.2.0 U has gone live. We have folders baby! Woohoo!

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/09/new-wii-u-firmware-5-2-0-u-update-now-available-to-download/

Good update but seriously how did it take until now for something as obvious as this to be implemented.

Answer.... Cause it's Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Good update but seriously how did it take until now for something as obvious as this to be implemented.

Answer.... Cause it's Nintendo.

Just to point out it's not only Nintendo, the PS4 does not have folders yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

abbir wrote: »
    Just to point out it's not only Nintendo, the PS4 does not have folders yet.

True but PS4 isnt out anywhere near as long as Wii U.

Plus theres a serious lack of games on the PS4 to make it worth while having folders. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fawful

hi,
    i was going to get a wii u but i have been sick recently and unable to leave the house :(
    however i still have a zelda wind waker download code from the mario kart promotion

so i need to give it to someone,
    as its needs to be used by 11pm tonight,
    does anyone want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

fawful wrote: »
    hi,
    i was going to get a wii u but i have been sick recently and unable to leave the house :(
    however i still have a zelda wind waker download code from the mario kart promotion

so i need to give it to someone,
    as its needs to be used by 11pm tonight,
    does anyone want it?

Ill take it if its going!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fawful

cool sent corholio the code
    remember to use it before 11

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thanks again to fawful for the code, sound out.

Sakurai posted an image on Miiverse earlier. A shot of a Wii U exclusive Starfox stage in Smash Bros.

It looks glorious.

smash-stage-fox-640x360.jpg?447b14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Whats the general impressions of hyrule warriors

I bloody wish I had that scarf :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's so so, averaging 75% on Metacritic. Not a fan of the way they're doing the DLC either. And the scarf is nothing special. Have you seen it up close? It's very cheap. Japan got the best Limited Edition with the scarf, Triforce clock, the hardback artwork book and musical treasure chest. The Europe and the U.S one was lame with only the scarf. Boo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Been enjoying it since release, the scarf was worthless ( figurines man ) and the DLC as others have pointed out has been annoying, but it has not been a full price game and for that fact the DLC may not be that bad, but I do not like the game enough to get it. If you have an interest in Musou games and Zelda games it works a treat, not having played one or the other will really confuse you, not playing either and just stay away, still though if you know what is going on and what you are getting into it is a solid game and you can easily put around 25 hours into it.

Advertisement