Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Working fine for me, maybe they cut you off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i can access my eshop account, i can access my nintendo network account, i can access miiverse account, but why cant i accesss nintendo.co.uk

and i m still receiving nintendo newsletters from them

but why cant i accesss nintendo.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i can access my eshop account, i can access my nintendo network account, i can access miiverse account, but why cant i accesss nintendo.co.uk

and i m still receiving nintendo newsletters from them

but why cant i accesss nintendo.co.uk

I've no problems either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

the only kirby title I have played is kirby adventure, been meaning to pick up epic yarn and the 3ds game but have not gotten around to it yet.

It can be expensive that one.
    I picked it up on Amazon a year or two ago from a Channel Islands seller for a great price.
    It is far more a proper Kirby title than Epic Yarn, looks beautiful too.

Hyrule Warriors additional content download code

Demon King Costume Set: is out now

• Advertisement

HOW do i change costume for ganondorf to twilight and ocarina and link to dark link after i download codes
    please
    hyrule warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    HOW do i change costume for ganondorf to twilight and ocarina and link to dark link after i download codes
    please
    hyrule warriors

A quick google
    Press X before you pick Weapons ....

Allyall wrote: »
    A quick google

thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So how's everyone liking HW's? Got to play it over the weekend properly. I'm at the 4th stage/battlefield. tried adventure mode, I need to level up a lot more. The free mode is great too.

Loving it so much I bought the DLC last night! Hope it's worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Im getting a console for my 7 year old for xmas. Looking at Amazon, Gamestop and Smyths the pricing on the consoles seem to very similar. So I think I will buy in store unless anyone knows of somewhere else who has them cheaper?

Will Smash Bros be bundled with the console?

He wants that, Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros, so I will pick up one of the bundles and buy the other 2 games separately

Is new New Luigi Bros the identical game except its Luigi and not Mario? Smyths have the 2 games as part of one of their bundles

Is the Gamepad suitable for a 7 year old? Nintendo have always made hardy consoles and controllers, but dropping a Wii U Gamepad on the floor sounds frightening.

Does everyone also recommend the Nintendo Controller? It is £36 on Amazon which is dearer than I was expecting.

He has a couple of battered old Wii remotes and Mario Kart steering wheels at home, am I right in saying these will all be compatible with the Wii U?

Anything else I should need to know...Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

R.F. wrote: »
    He wants that, Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros, so I will pick up one of the bundles and buy the other 2 games separately

Is new New Luigi Bros the identical game except its Luigi and not Mario? Smyths have the 2 games as part of one of their bundles
    They are different games. New Luigi U has the same map but all the levels are different, typically the Luigi U levels are a lot harder. It was originally released as DLC. Super Mario 3D World is a better game by the way.
    Is the Gamepad suitable for a 7 year old? Nintendo have always made hardy consoles and controllers, but dropping a Wii U Gamepad on the floor sounds frightening.
    My nephew has used my Gamepad since he was 5, no damage to it at all but I always tell him to be careful and he has never dropped it
    Does everyone also recommend the Nintendo Controller? It is £36 on Amazon which is dearer than I was expecting.
    It's an excellent controller, very nice to hold. Has all the same buttons as the Gamepad and a very long battery life.
    He has a couple of battered old Wii remotes and Mario Kart steering wheels at home, am I right in saying these will all be compatible with the Wii U?
    It depends on the game if the Wii remotes will work. They work fine in Mario Kart for example. The steering wheels are fine, they're just bits of plastic. Some games might need the Wii Motionplus addon (or controller with it built in).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smash Bros is not out for the WiiU yet. The 3DS version was released on Friday.

New Luigi Bros is basically DLC for NSMBU, using the same levels but ramping up the challenge significantly. You can buy it as digital DLC from the eShop for NSMBU (requires the original game) or as a stand alone title on physical media.

I'm not going to drop my GamePad on the floor to test it's hardyness. I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old, and I bought my WiiU about 18 months ago. My Gamepad is fine, but that's because I don't let them touch it.

If you have WiiMotes, use WiiMotes. The Pro Controller is nice but personally I barely use mine. The Wii U works with all the Wii controllers ( WiiMotes, Nunchucks, Gamepad and Gamepad pro which is not the same thing as a Wii U pro controller), guitars etc. but not with the GameCube controller (yet! a USB adapter is on the way. I mention this because the Wii had Gamecube controller ports on the top of it)

the 8GB Wii is missing the charging cradle for the GamePad and the Sensor Bar for Wiimotes. If you have a Wii, you have a sensor bar. And if you have children, you don't want a charging cradle! You want something padded and secure to store your GamePad in.
    Bear in mind though the gamepad battery runs out pretty quickly.

Also, the Wii U has an SD slot for compatibility with the Wii, but doesn't really use it. For internal storage, 8GB is grand for save-games but if you plan on downloading anything you'll want an external HDD. Ideally use a drive with a separate power supply. Bus-powered drives (ie ones with a data cable but no power cable) are not supported, though many people have used them successfully with Y-Splitter cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

R.F. wrote: »
    Im getting a console for my 7 year old for xmas. Looking at Amazon, Gamestop and Smyths the pricing on the consoles seem to very similar. So I think I will buy in store unless anyone knows of somewhere else who has them cheaper?

Will Smash Bros be bundled with the console?

Anything else I should need to know...Thanks in advance

I picked up a GAME version of the pro controller for £10 so i'd keep an eye out there. It's handy to have but not essential like Banjo says. New Super Mario is tough, Luigi is rock hard, I'd recommend Super Mario 3d world for a 7 year old despite what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

My Wii U gamepad was stolen :(

Hey cherryghost, any news on your gamepad, or a replacement?

Or any of your stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So how's everyone liking HW's? Got to play it over the weekend properly. I'm at the 4th stage/battlefield. tried adventure mode, I need to level up a lot more. The free mode is great too.

Loving it so much I bought the DLC last night! Hope it's worth it in the long run.

Loving it too, we just finished the Legend mode last night, but lots still to do to get all the hearts/heart pieces and skulltulas and the additional characters and weapons and more in the Adventure Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 byrdbrayn

I haven't picked up Hyrule Warriors yet, I've mainly been using my WiiU to play megaman!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Smash Wii U release dates have been announced:
    America Nov 21st
    Europe Dec 5th
    Australia Dec 6th

Looks like 2 bundles will also be available. 1 with the gamecube adaptor and 1 with the Mario amiibo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Apparently the Wavebird will also work with the Wii U adapter that's being launched for Smash.

Also......the Amiibo interface!

smash-amiibo-figures-640x360.jpg?447b14

You can also just tap your figure on the NFC space on the Gamepad at the character select screen in Smash and........voila! Marth is incoming.

smash_bros_amiibo_trophy-640x360.jpg?447b14

To top off the Smash news, it has sold 2.8 million copies worldwise. 2.8 MILLION.

nintendo-3ds-it-prints-money-meme-lol-sad-but-true.gif

Argh! Where can I pre-order these smash bros bundles besides Nintendo's UK store?

Apparently the GCN adapter has already sold out on US Amazon.

I know I don't need it but, I NEED IT!

Looks like the 3DS themes went live yesterday. Anyone download them and have a go? They're £1.79 a pop, so to be honest Nintendo and their 2 billion dollar stockpile of cold hard cash* can go and tough-love themselves on this one. Honestly...

At the very least I'd have thought you'd get a free theme with specific games as a little digital gift like the ones they used to do when you registered Gamecube games (which I found out yesterday you can no longer download! Damn, I'll never get my Metroid Prime printable iron on transfer now!)

*Actual nintendo stockpile might be smaller, I can't remember but it's more money than I have. See all the "Wii U is dead, Nintendo are dead" threads on the internet for more information, it gets referenced every 3 posts or so.

• Advertisement

Lol, I totally bought 2 themes this morning, (€2.98 added to that 2billion cash ready Nintendo account). The black and gold stars and the Hanafuda one.

The Hanafuda one is the best. Nice colours and the music is kinda cool. Very suprised they never did themes until now.

They have music too?

Well that's a 3DS menu of a different colour. Shut up and take my money!

I thought I read the update came with 5 themes

it comes with 5 plain colour themes - red, blue, pink etc. Nothing awesome.

But the new Notification popup is awesome.

So what's everyone's opinion on the GameCube adapter basically only working for Smash Bros (for now)?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/turns_out_the_gamecube_controller_adapter_wont_be_compatible_with_other_wii_u_software

A totally wasted opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

So what's everyone's opinion on the GameCube adapter basically only working for Smash Bros (for now)?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/turns_out_the_gamecube_controller_adapter_wont_be_compatible_with_other_wii_u_software

A totally wasted opportunity.

I'm erring on the side of optimism and figuring it's just a held-back announcement. Perhaps some form of patch when GCN titles make their way to the VC.......

Yeah, I'll stop there, this is rampantly and obnoxiously optimistic.

Haha, yeah, they pretty much announced GCN VC is not happening at all until otherwise stated. Won't hold my breath.

Still buying the adapter, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Haha, yeah, they pretty much announced GCN VC is not happening at all until otherwise stated. Won't hold my breath.

Still buying the adapter, just in case.

Ditto.

Any excuse.

I think if the GCN had a decent d-pad, it'd be a shoe-in for finest controller of all time.

They haven't expressly ruled out the possibility of it being compatible with the so far non-existent GC VC games, or with future games, or of support being patched in for existing games where appropriate such as MK8.

I mean, it's not going to happen, but they haven't said so yet out loud so we can still dream, right?

Honestly with this and Amiibo and the new 3DS system with NFC and the nipplestickle they are putting a lot of stock in people really loving Smash Bros. It's a decent game but does it deserve it's current esteem in Ninty's eyes? Does it sell that well?

• Advertisement

I'd say it was possibly backtracking after accidentally letting something slip. We knew it was being released for Smash so why would it be even empasised you could use it in place of Pro controller? I'd say that will be the case down the road when the Smash bundles are gone and all Smash fans have the adaptor already purchased. That's when they'll make the announcement to move more.

Advertisement