Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Bayonetta 2 demo released in nintendo eshop today at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

To every Wii U owner you owe it to yourself to try this out and if you do like then buy it please. We need to prove to 3rd parties that we do buy mature games. It's just we don't buy gimped versions of games that are missing features like no DLC, lower resolution, missing modes, late ports, higher priced, no online, etc, etc, etc. If it does well it may help convince some of them to come back and try harder. One has to hope. I have the double game pack paid for myself a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sligeach wrote: »
    To every Wii U owner you owe it to yourself to try this out and if you do like then buy it please. We need to prove to 3rd parties that we do buy mature games. It's just we don't buy gimped versions of games that are missing features like no DLC, lower resolution, missing modes, late ports, higher priced, no online, etc, etc, etc. If it does well it may help convince some of them to come back and try harder. One has to hope. I have the double game pack paid for myself a couple of months ago.

I have the special edition ordered myself but tbh I'd say even if every Wii u owner bought it 3rd parties still wouldn't bother.
    Lookin forward to the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sakurai shared another screenshot of Smash today, the Trophy Room...

wiiu-trophy-room-640x360.jpg?447b14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

got hyrule warriors today :D lovin it so far! very chaotic but im sure ill get used to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

got hyrule warriors today :D lovin it so far! very chaotic but im sure ill get used to it

My Wii U hasn't been on in a while.. (Had a bit of an accident in the house :(), and I'm really looking forward to getting back to it.
    I lost my Wii when my Sister and Nephew moved in for a while and my Nephew loved the Wii.. I lost a lot of games, and then I gave up. That shall not happen with my Wii U!!

The idea of buying Hyrule Warriors is beginning to grow on me.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sligeach wrote: »
    just played the demo and really liked it(especially when she strips off:-)) I'll be buying the game. I would of liked a bit of an introduction to the game but it's very fast paced and enjoyable game from what I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got home 5 mins after reading the demo was in but wifey is using Netflix! GHAHRRRGH! Need.that.demo!

Can't wait 'til amazon deliver my Bayo1&2 pack; going to spend a lot of time on this beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

smokingman wrote: »
    Got home 5 mins after reading the demo was in but wifey is using Netflix! GHAHRRRGH! Need.that.demo!

Can't wait 'til amazon deliver my Bayo1&2 pack; going to spend a lot of time on this beauty!
    if it's any consolation the demo is pretty short!

iamtony wrote: »
    if it's any consolation the demo is pretty short!

Wifey wasn't impressed with my "I want my hot woman, when's this over?" remark...

Could be a while now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

smokingman wrote: »
    Wifey wasn't impressed with my "I want my other hot woman, when's this over?" remark...

Could be a while now :(

One extra word might have helped your cause. ;)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    One extra word might have helped your cause. ;)

Impatience muddles a mans mind at times ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭superMarco

Is there is a play that we can find Wii u not full price (like gamestop) ?

Even the e-shop is cheaper than them, but I prefer to have the box :p Most likely I wanted to buy Zombie U, Rayman and Mario 3D, but I don't really know where is the best deal.

Where do you guys buy your game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

superMarco wrote: »
    *Is there is a play that we can find Wii u not full price (like gamestop) ?*

Even the e-shop is cheaper than them, but I prefer to have the box :p Most likely I wanted to buy Zombie U, Rayman and Mario 3D, but I don't really know where is the best deal.

Where do you guys buy your game ?

*eh, what? Lol

Amazon Amazon Amazon. Just keep an eye on prices there, so much cheaper for games. Eshop is great too, I got Zombiu for €10 last year at Halloween.

All first party games tend to hold there prices forever, just the way it is sadly.

Keep away from Gamestop!!! Rip off.

*eh, what? Lol

Amazon Amazon Amazon. Just keep an eye on prices there, so Mich cheaper for games. Eshop is great too, I got Zombiu for €10 last year at Halloween.

All first party games tend to hold there prices forever, just the way it is sadly.

Keep away from Gamestop!!! Rip off.

Yeah I only bought my Wii u there for the summer deal (Console + 2 game + mk8 + 2 game) The only good deal there I guess.

I will try to have a look at Amazon then, thanks :)

Has anybody seen these the preorders available anywhere here or incl shipping?
    I've seen the Amiibo version is available for €59.99 and the Version with adaptor for €54.99. But not that I can purchase to collect or deliver.

2f215Uo.jpg?1GqMaRC4.jpg?1

Also, does anybody know where I can get a copy of cocoto magic circus 2?
    English version if possible, I read somewhere that the text cannot be changed in options... Is that true?

I only have a pen and paper... :rolleyes:

Thanks, they're the two I was looking for alright, but a lot more expensive. The Amiibo version is nearly €74, and that's if I pay in sterling, so I'll also probably get charged €1.20 FX Commission.
    If I pay in Euro, it's probably more.

I should have clarified a little bit more. I meant has anyone seen them at the same prices they seem to be in-store in Central Europe?

Smyths have it unavailable for €75.
    Gamestop/Argos/HMV don't mention it.

The game is €45 - €50 and Mario Amiibo is ~ €12.
    €75 for the box seems crazy.

The Controller adapter is ~ €20 so that seems the better deal, but still not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Captain Toad out January 9th

New trailer as well with a lot I hadn't seen before so will just post a link in case someone wants to avoid spoilers of any type
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_HfXOwlldA

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    I only have a pen and paper... :rolleyes:

Thanks, they're the two I was looking for alright, but a lot more expensive. The Amiibo version is nearly €74, and that's if I pay in sterling, so I'll also probably get charged €1.20 FX Commission.
    If I pay in Euro, it's probably more.

I should have clarified a little bit more. I meant has anyone seen them at the same prices they seem to be in-store in Central Europe?

Smyths have it unavailable for €75.
    Gamestop/Argos/HMV don't mention it.

The game is €45 - €50 and Mario Amiibo is ~ €12.
    €75 for the box seems crazy.

The Controller adapter is ~ €20 so that seems the better deal, but still not great.

Sorry, that was very patronising of me!

I'm getting smash with adapter from Amazon, at about 68euro free post. With Amazon the price might go down a Euro or two more until release but I think that's the price range you'll be looking at for that one.

Amiibos are going to be expensive no matter what way you get them. Wouldn't be bothered with a Mario Amiibo now as I'm sure there will be loads of Mario ones, where as Fox or Zelda or Falcon or Villager etc will be hard to find in a few weeks. Just get one of them on there own.

Still don't know if amiibos will be worth it at all, but we'll see.

I have read so many news talking about the GC controller, and I couldn't find any real answer anywhere about that (I've found a lot, but all differents).

If I buy the GC adapter and plug my gc controller on it, should I be able to play wii u game with my GC controller ? or only super smash ?

As of right this second, it all only works with smash. That's what Nintendo have said.

But that might change in a few months, but probably not.

As of right this second, it all only works with smash. That's what Nintendo have said.

But that might change in a few months, but probably not.

Dang it ! GC controller are one of the best controller design I've ever played with :(

Anyways I will wait before ordering Super Smash.. I just bought ZombiU, Rayman and mario 3d on amazon :D:D:D couldn't wait ^^ :pac:

Haha good man! 3 brilliant games. You'll get loads out of each of them.

Sorry, that was very patronising of me!

I'm getting smash with adapter from Amazon, at about 68euro free post. With Amazon the price might go down a Euro or two more until release but I think that's the price range you'll be looking at for that one.

Amiibos are going to be expensive no matter what way you get them. Wouldn't be bothered with a Mario Amiibo now as I'm sure there will be loads of Mario ones, where as Fox or Zelda or Falcon or Villager etc will be hard to find in a few weeks. Just get one of them on there own.

Still don't know if amiibos will be worth it at all, but we'll see.

Yeah, I've a few preorders of different figures in different places, I may cancel one or two figures closer to the date. Smyths don't have Pit, Little Mac or Captain Falcon on their website.. Is that a sign of some sort that are going to be hard to get later on?

I was/am looking for an offer like, for example THIS or THIS.
    An extra €5 off if you preorder. That offer seems to be in a few German/French/Belgian/Austrian stores.. Possibly also in Spain, as Auchan is also there.

My question might sound dumb but, after I have seen the E3 presentation of the Amiibo, what are they purpose exactly ?

I mean, I've understood that they would be used to save your data and stats, but if does it mean that we have to buy all of the Amiibo of all character to saves theirs specific data in it ? :confused:

If so, man, that will be expensive ^^..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Allyall wrote: »
    Has anybody seen these the preorders available anywhere here or incl shipping?
    I've seen the Amiibo version is available for €59.99 and the Version with adaptor for €54.99. But not that I can purchase to collect or deliver.

http://m.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=Smash

Not quite as cheap but cheaper than Amazon. Potentially could be hit with customs but I never have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Played the Bayonetta 2 demo.

Now want Bayonetta 2.

It's just non-stop everything. The prologue had a scale that'd make God of War glance twice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My question might sound dumb but, after I have seen the E3 presentation of the Amiibo, what are they purpose exactly ?

I mean, I've understood that they would be used to save your data and stats, but if does it mean that we have to buy all of the Amiibo of all character to saves theirs specific data in it ? :confused:

If so, man, that will be expensive ^^..

Its a good question, are they character specific or not?
    There aren't enough amibos to account for every selectable character in the game so can you save your career stats onto it and bring it with you, regardless of your chosen character?
    Or will it infer only glory on those it represents, though this seems unlikely tbh.
    So, that means they are a glorified memory card. :(

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Played the Bayonetta 2 demo.

Now want Bayonetta 2.

It's just non-stop everything. The prologue had a scale that'd make God of War glance twice.

I've done nothing but play it over and over all night tonight. Cannot wait for amazon to deliver at this stage. Best I got was silver though...

Advertisement