Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Levellers

Options
  • 29-11-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Old Brit band that sang about social injustices
    They only really had one "hit" with One Way of Life.

Saw them live once and as I jumped about in the moshpit I lost my shoe.
    As I bent down to pick it up everyone around stopped jumping so I wouldn't get hurt. Was surreal how nice their following was.

Anyone else a fan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

They had plenty of great tunes, and as you've mentioned, plenty about social injustice and the underdogs in society. Here's a couple of my favourites.

This one in particular though. It's about one of the most sickening events of police brutality and social injustice in modern UK history. Read about it here .

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

They are still releasing great music. Go to all the gigs when they come over. The new album Static On The Airways is well worth getting. Here is a few songs from it. Also all the band are sound as a pound.

And an interview with Mr Chadwick

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

If they were Irish they would huge in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭pavb2

The original crusties.

loved that album Levelling the Land lots of fast fiddle playing could easily be thought Irish similar to the Waterboys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levellers

Here's one explanation of where they got their name from

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

pavb2 wrote: »

Here's one explanation of where they got their name from

Here is a better one :)
    If you can get a copy of The Rev Hammer DVD it is well worth watching. Brilliant songs on it and great story. Going to watch it after the pub tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

saw em in the halfmoon club in cork few years back

love 'just the one'

Advertisement