Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak in box-profile shed roof

• 29-11-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

I did a lovely job, or so I thought, but have now noticed that some of the timber roof beams are damp. I had rubber washers on all the hex-bolts and covered them with plastic caps.
    Does anyone know the best repair job? I was thinking of taking out the bolts one by one and squirting each hole with silicone and then replacing the bolt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

Are you sure it is a leak it could be condinsation on the inside off the tin and running onto the timbers, as this cold weater would cause it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

That's possible but I don't think so. I'll have another look though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Odelay

May well be condensation, is the cladding wet to touch all over on a cold night/morning? It will run down and trickle off at the timbers.

Thanks guys. I've been out checking and I think you're right about condensation. It's amazing the amount of water it can produce. So next, I better get some ventilation in. Much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

No probs, is it used as a work shop, storage or something that needs to be kept dry? if so have you thought off spray foaming insulating the tin?

• Advertisement

It's a firewood store and the wood was damp when I put it in, so that explains it.

Advertisement