Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cafes in ennis

• 29-11-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

i was walking around ennis today and i noticed a lot of big and small cafes and places to eat, take away food and to have a coffee.is business that good in the town.

i was in the town a while back and i saw esquire coffee in o connell street but its gone now.

has anybody got a count on how many cafes there r in the town?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A lot of people work in Ennis so most café's would be busy enough during the day, add in most pubs offering sandwiches/coffees you'll never be short of a place to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Lovely new café and restaurant near Clare Champion offices. Can't remember the name.
    Superb Fish Chowder for a fiver I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Cairde is the name of it, lovely breakfasts.

Honourable mention to Casabianca (used to be the Sicilian), excellent Italian food and decent prices too, also the new Cloister restaurant is top class, on a par with the Town Hall. Not cheap though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I miss Henry's cafe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Henry's ruled. Better class of sandwich than any of the current places.

Ate in the new Cloister yesterday. Place was mobbed. The old place had a great chef for a few years and it was quite a bit cheaper than it is now. 12 euro for lunch seems a bit steep these days.

Must give Cairde a go. Walked past it last night and hadn't seen it before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Had a lovely lunch in YOLO." 2 big pieces of battered cod,half chips-mash served with a nice mixed side salad, a pint glass of iced water which I didint have to ask for. Good value, good service. €16 for 2 adults!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Cairde is a nicely decorated and the staff are sound. Boring ass menu though same sandwiches as you get anywhere else in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

There are quite a few new places in town. Casabianca now has the best pizza in town hands down.

Caidre does look nice, but the menu is bog standard like the others in town.

I am a fan of YOLO, they have great prices and good food.

As far as how many places are now here, I don't know off the top of my head but you could try counting them here sure...

http://www.yelp.ie/search?find_desc=restaurant&find_loc=ennis&ns=1&ls=e3a05ab56a411174

• Registered Users Posts: 3 breakerb

have been into cairde a good few times... in my opinion its excellent, id say the best in ennis.

never mind the menu try the food its top class.

eggs benedict, american style pancakes, soup and sandwich for kids its a major hit with my kids.

the chowder is better than i have had anywhere.

the prices are very reasonable and the staff are freindly.

the last day i was in the they had a suggestion box aswell, so they want to know what their customers would like to see on the menu.

all round well worth a try.:rolleyes:

had to join to make a comment! the place doesnt need me to "make a shill" passed by there today and is was wedged!

obviously they are getting the business in without and comments on boards, good or bad!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

CptStern banned for a week for backseat modding and attacking a poster not a post

Welcome to boards breakerb, we welcome all users and are delighted for positive feedback on a new local business.

thanks Clareman, and your right its great to see a new business opening and doing well. god knows there is enough of the opposite in every town in the country. As i travel around alot with my work i see it everywhere.

thanks again.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Was in Cairde again yesterday and it was full.
    Had lovely soup and goat cheese salad. Yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

Hmm, never heard of Cairde before, I'll check it out next time I'm in Ennis!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Is it really that good?
    It looks a bit dull from the outside so I haven't bothered going inside, I might try it tomorrow.

Just noticed that O'Connor's hasn't been mentioned here, they have a cafe in their Parnell St. shop and serve a selection of cakes and sandwiches, went in there last week to order a cake and stayed for a lovely coffee and coffee slice, nom nom nom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Thanks for the recommendation on Cairde, was in there over the weekend and thought the food was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Went into cairde after seeing comments here.. really impressive. Good veggie options too. :)

Advertisement